Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Helen and Kai won again last night - given that she lived in Leeds and thanked the city in her speech no surprise.

Kai was actually out at the club last night with the others, I think, looking at Janette's story. Can this be because he's drowning his sorrows that Nads has taken the ugly dog and gone to Switzerland? [nb speculation entirely unbased on facts]

Meanwhile Vito was in the hotel listening to Fleur's new song :D
Do you know who was runner up last night?

I know there is a consensus generally that Richie was 'a bit much'/Marmite etc, and it's not that I am massive fan of his, but his crime seems to have been: being a bit excitable and not being Rose. And if we think of other contestants who were also a bit OTT I think of Alison and Judi, both of whom were treated so well by Aljaz and Graz, who harnessed their energy and played into it, rather than seeming annoyed/embarrassed by them. With a different pro (like Graz) Richie could have flourished. (and say what we like about CFP, but he would not have believed he was too good for Richie!)
A lot of pros (particularly all the recent ones) have made a great job of having strong, fun partnerships and getting a real range of contestants as far as possible and not looking mardy the whole time. It felt like he just didn’t give a tit, and that’s unforgivable.

Realistically, he was lucky to get Rose- if she had her try out with Aljaz or someone else she may well have been with him - it’s clear in Dan Walker’s book that them getting on only really became apparent then, and he went off and ‘begged’ Sarah James to dance with her, probably because he knew she was likely to be in with a strong chance of doing well.

I maintain that her and Nikita would have been a really fun partnership, both a bit goofy and he’s shown with Ellie he can adapt well. Probably would’ve got Nikita a first year win too.

Reactions: 4
I still don't see what loss Richie was to the show - maybe it's just personal taste but he reminds me of the really loud, in your face type of gay guy that I have worked with before and subsequently try to avoid in LGBT settings. And he wasn't all that as a dancer. Of course, none of that excuses Giovanni's poor manners.

Realistically, he was lucky to get Rose- if she had her try out with Aljaz or someone else she may well have been with him - it’s clear in Dan Walker’s book that them getting on only really became apparent then, and he went off and ‘begged’ Sarah James to dance with her, probably because he knew she was likely to be in with a strong chance of doing well.

I maintain that her and Nikita would have been a really fun partnership, both a bit goofy and he’s shown with Ellie he can adapt well. Probably would’ve got Nikita a first year win too.
I absolutely agree that Gio hit the jackpot as Rose was the key to him winning, I think pretty much any pro would have won with her. Pairing her with Aljaž or Nikita would have been so wholesome and sweet.

Reactions: 3
Nadiya shared a quote on her insta earlier, which says ' Without communication, there's no relationship, without respect there's no love, without trust there's no reason to continue' Trouble in paradise ? :(

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I still don't see what loss Richie was to the show - maybe it's just personal taste but he reminds me of the really loud, in your face type of gay guy that I have worked with before and subsequently try to avoid in LGBT settings. And he wasn't all that as a dancer. Of course, none of that excuses Giovanni's poor manners.

I absolutely agree that Gio hit the jackpot as Rose was the key to him winning, I think pretty much any pro would have won with her. Pairing her with Aljaž or Nikita would have been so wholesome and sweet.
That’s the thing, isn’t it. For the celeb it’s a one time only event and when you are billed as this year‘s superfan and your partner cant give a hoot, then it’s a such a shame. It doesn’t matter if they are any good or go out early doors it’s the fact the show they love has let them down.

if the worst thing that can be said about a celeb is that they come in a bit too enthusiastic and eager to please, then Brendan and Anton would like a word.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Richie might be loud etc and of course personalities will be a matter of taste - but lots of people dislike Fleur for similar reasons. Didn't stop her doing well and ultimately winning over some people, because she forged a good partnership with Vito. Likewise you could say Ellie T or Ellie S are a bit much and excitable, but their pros took them seriously.
Gio clearly didn't give a tit, didn't care for Richie that much, and was still hung up on his previous partnership. Unlike Aljaz who after his win was given Alison and didn't sulk but had a laugh with her.

Nadiya liked Kai's last post so I presume the quotes are more 'aren't I lucky to have trust and communication'?! But part of me would find it hilarious if their relationship was falling apart (not a huge surprise as they haven't been together *that* long and it's been an intense thing with working together too) and they were contractually obligated to act our their fairytale love story across regional stages, with faces like slapped arses..

Reactions: 15
Didn’t Kevin and Karen have to tour a show as a couple after splitting? A while ago now obvs.

I wonder if those posts reference her ex? I heard somewhere that he left her so maybe linked to that.

Reactions: 5
… another conspicuous post
I always laugh at her posts, she’s so philosophical or so she thinks bless her 😭 I don’t think they mean anything tbh she always posted things like this as long as i’ve followed her which has been like 4 years 🤣 Imagine though, having to do a tour with your ex.

Reactions: 4
Is Neil’s daughter girlfriend going to follow them around for the entire tour? Doesn’t she have some influencing to do

• Haha
That’s the thing, isn’t it. For the celeb it’s a one time only event and when you are billed as this year‘s superfan and your partner cant give a hoot, then it’s a such a shame. It doesn’t matter if they are any good or go out early doors it’s the fact the show they love has let them down.

if the worst thing that can be said about a celeb is that they come in a bit too enthusiastic and eager to please, then Brendan and Anton would like a word.
I agree.

Richie wasn't going to win, imo, but he deserved better. I can't remember exactly what he said, one night, but he implied that he knew he had to change, that he was too over the top, or whatever.
That seemed kinda sad to me that he felt like that.

And that dance and those costumes (okay can only blame Vicky Gill for those) on the night that they were eliminated - all such a letdown. Especially when they had done really well the previous week.

Ellie S was another super fan of Strictly, and she and Nikita worked together beautifully. They joked frequently about the fact that she talked so much, but it was never implied by either of them that that was an issue or that she had to change.
Jayde was another who claimed to be a super fan, but I guess I will not go there 😁. Karen did her best, imo.

And I think pretty much any of the pros - Nikita / Graz / Johannes etc would have won with Rose.

Is Neil’s daughter girlfriend going to follow them around for the entire tour? Doesn’t she have some influencing to do
It's really odd! I've never seen a partner before on the tour. I assumed she was just there for the first stop but she's travelling with Neil everywhere. She seems perfectly nice in the stories, but I do wonder what the others think - maybe they're just relieved it stops him from putting mustard in their shoes or cling-filming their jockstraps or whatever.

• Haha
0CAA35F6-AC59-46D0-8525-434523397AC6.jpeg

I only follow her during the tour for content and I always forget what a basic witch Janette is…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
It's really odd! I've never seen a partner before on the tour. I assumed she was just there for the first stop but she's travelling with Neil everywhere. She seems perfectly nice in the stories, but I do wonder what the others think - maybe they're just relieved it stops him from putting mustard in their shoes or cling-filming their jockstraps or whatever.
I know some partners have joined them on tour in the past but it was usually only for one or two days.

Wonder what they all think of the fact that Neil’s the oldest of them all yet she’s the youngest apart from Molly. And the fact they’d all know and be friends with Katya. Must be an awkward vibe

View attachment 1914881

I only follow her during the tour for content and I always forget what a basic witch Janette is…
Janette once went on a podcast with Giovanna Fletcher to talk her love of Disney. Plus flew out to Disneyland in December 2020 after being separated from Aljaž for 3 months. She seems to be quite the fan of it!

Reactions: 2
No matter how annoying or how much (or little) of a super fan they are, any celeb deserves a pro that gives them 100%. I wasn't even a fan of Richie on the show but he seemed like a nice bloke and Gio was an unprofessional arse. Richie probably wouldn't have made it that much further with someone else, but at least he might have had a bit more fun

Reactions: 11
Wonder what they all think of the fact that Neil’s the oldest of them all yet she’s the youngest apart from Molly. And the fact they’d all know and be friends with Katya. Must be an awkward vibe
They seem to put up with plenty of BS from Neil but I guess deep down they probably aren't keen on him dating someone her age. Neil only seems to date considerably younger than him - even Katya is 7 years younger.

Imagine how flipping boring it must be, just tagging along on a tour. 😁

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.