Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
887082E6-F92F-4482-A1C3-5F6A97F13431.jpeg

This is giving ‘first holiday with my dad and the man he left my mum for’…

TBH I’m just glad she’s not in a double breasted shit brown blazer.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Reducing it down to the sympathy vote dehumanises people with disabilities. Let's not do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
I'm in a 10 year relationship, we have a beautiful daughter, and if Vito knocked on my door I'd probably waltz off into the sunset with him tbh.

(Of course, I am joking.)

(Unless you're reading this Vito ;))

• Haha
Reactions: 18

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
After last year's your, John almost immediately did a solitary trek across the west highland way with little or no contact with the outside world. I know it was for charity, but also an understandable reaction after spending 3 weeks on Janette's party tour bus

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Save Tyler - he’s at the cinema watching Avatar with Neil and his girlfriend. 😂
Ok, I totally read that as ‘Steve Tyler - he’s at the cinema watching Avatar with Neil and his girlfriend’ and for the life of me I could not fathom how that little trio came into existence! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did Will go out for a curry on his own? Tyler mentioned on his stories this morning that a few of them were going out for a curry or sushi?
I like to think that Luba and Will went for solo curries and ended up in the same restaurant but sat resolutely at separate tables and didn’t acknowledge each other beyond a polite nod, each luxuriating in the pleasure of a silent balti.

• Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Anyone would have won with her because she had the sympathy card. He’s nothing special.
I kind of loathe myself for biting on this, as I’ve ignored several previous posts of yours in a similar vein.

You are very much free to think that, but I find the logic a bit off here. Why didn’t Ellie Simmonds win/make the final or further into the competition then? Why has she won no tour shows if the strictly fans and audience can’t resist voting out of sympathy for a disabled person regardless of how they dance? Why have previous disabled contestants had a mixed bag of results on the show, just like the able-bodied dancers?

I really don’t expect everyone to like her or think she is a great dancer, but I find this endless ‘sympathy vote’ dismissal of anything she achieved on the show really tiresome. Rant over 😆

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I have to say, having to spend that much time with Neil, Janette, Dianne and Amy on a regular basis would give me a mild form of PTSD.

• Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
C2723902-8312-41E7-A21E-B9A0F6214101.jpeg

Luba just shared this 😆 she’ll be counting down the minutes until she can bin her matching pink primark jammies and get some friggin’ peace.

• Haha
  • Heart