Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Janette once went on a podcast with Giovanna Fletcher to talk her love of Disney. Plus flew out to Disneyland in December 2020 after being separated from Aljaž for 3 months. She seems to be quite the fan of it!
Yikes. I wish them well but I can’t be doing with Disney Adults (it’s less their actual love of Disney- live and let live and all that- it’s more the aggressive way they suppress anyone that doesn’t love it).

Reactions: 5
Janette once went on a podcast with Giovanna Fletcher to talk her love of Disney. Plus flew out to Disneyland in December 2020 after being separated from Aljaž for 3 months. She seems to be quite the fan of it!
If I remember correctly: she broke lockdown rules to do so (that was when lockdown came in right at the end of SCD), hid it by not posting, was outed by being tagged in a post at Disneyland I think by her mum, then fought with fans in her comments who were pissed off. So I am a tad suspicious of her platitudinous #benice, inspirational quotes stuff. It just seems to amount to.. slight banality (viz her latest post)

Attachments

Reactions: 1
If I remember correctly: she broke lockdown rules to do so (that was when lockdown came in right at the end of SCD), hid it by not posting, was outed by being tagged in a post at Disneyland I think by her mum, then fought with fans in her comments who were pissed off. So I am a tad suspicious of her platitudinous #benice, inspirational quotes stuff. It just seems to amount to.. slight banality (viz her latest post)
Oh yes, she made a post about going to see her family, and then deleted it when all the comments were like "we're in tier 4, you shouldn't be travelling", and then she and Aljaz did an interview with OK about their Christmas together, even though they weren't together for Christmas 🧐
She also calls herself a 'nice human being' in her Instagram bio, which just makes me think that actually nice people don't have to say that they're nice 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Helen is looking so thin here - hope she's okay.

Reactions: 3
Yes! finally! another romance rumour for Molly. They've spun the wheel and it's landed on Tyler again. (Evidence: her hand on his back - not even his bare back!). Vito, Carlos and Nikita are wondering when it's their turn again. (Story was originally in the S*n I think)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I went to the live tour this week and I really enjoyed the show- personal highlight for me was Fleur saying she was also “doing it for Will’s mum” 😂

My dad and I are both also approx 99% sure that Anton was a bit sloshed. Was a fun evening, I would recommend!

edit: mum thought Anton was just being himself, but me n dad reckon drunk

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree.

Richie wasn't going to win, imo, but he deserved better. I can't remember exactly what he said, one night, but he implied that he knew he had to change, that he was too over the top, or whatever.
That seemed kinda sad to me that he felt like that.

And that dance and those costumes (okay can only blame Vicky Gill for those) on the night that they were eliminated - all such a letdown. Especially when they had done really well the previous week.

Ellie S was another super fan of Strictly, and she and Nikita worked together beautifully. They joked frequently about the fact that she talked so much, but it was never implied by either of them that that was an issue or that she had to change.
Jayde was another who claimed to be a super fan, but I guess I will not go there 😁. Karen did her best, imo.

And I think pretty much any of the pros - Nikita / Graz / Johannes etc would have won with Rose.
Anyone would have won with her because she had the sympathy card. He’s nothing special.

Anyone would have won with her because she had the sympathy card. He’s nothing special.
I kind of loathe myself for biting on this, as I’ve ignored several previous posts of yours in a similar vein.

You are very much free to think that, but I find the logic a bit off here. Why didn’t Ellie Simmonds win/make the final or further into the competition then? Why has she won no tour shows if the strictly fans and audience can’t resist voting out of sympathy for a disabled person regardless of how they dance? Why have previous disabled contestants had a mixed bag of results on the show, just like the able-bodied dancers?

I really don’t expect everyone to like her or think she is a great dancer, but I find this endless ‘sympathy vote’ dismissal of anything she achieved on the show really tiresome. Rant over 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Reducing it down to the sympathy vote dehumanises people with disabilities. Let's not do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I kind of loathe myself for biting on this, as I’ve ignored several previous posts of yours in a similar vein.

You are very much free to think that, but I find the logic a bit off here. Why didn’t Ellie Simmonds win/make the final or further into the competition then? Why has she won no tour shows if the strictly fans and audience can’t resist voting out of sympathy for a disabled person regardless of how they dance? Why have previous disabled contestants had a mixed bag of results on the show, just like the able-bodied dancers?

I really don’t expect everyone to like her or think she is a great dancer, but I find this endless ‘sympathy vote’ dismissal of anything she achieved on the show really tiresome. Rant over 😆
Rose has all the attributes that make for a classic female winner … young, never danced before, engaging personality and regardless of any romance/non romance, a solid partnership that people connected with slightly too much in some cases. She also just happened to have a hearing impairment.

Reactions: 13
I think anyone would have won with Rose. She is an actress so knew how to play the game and really hammed up the showmance until it didn’t benefit her anymore.
I definitely think she is one of those people the phrase ‘ too sweet to be wholesome ‘ is perfect for.

100% sure that Gorka, Aljaž, Kai, Graziano, Nikita, Johannes would have all won with Rose and so would have Carlos & Vito if they joined a year earlier. Even Neil could have probably done it. I can only think of 2 male pro dancers since I started watching (14 years ago) who likely wouldn't have managed to win with her, she was that much of a golden ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
100% sure that Gorka, Aljaž, Kai, Graziano, Nikita, Johannes would have all won with Rose and so would have Carlos & Vito if they joined a year earlier. Even Neil could have probably done it. I can only think of 2 male pro dancers since I started watching (14 years ago) who likely wouldn't have managed to win with her, she was that much of a golden ticket.
But with Gorka/Graz/Johannes she wouldn’t be able to act the perfect showmance and pull off the win (apparently) 😆

FWIW, I don’t think she’s a perfect innocent princess or a conniving manipulator, just someone that appealed broadly and saw an opportunity to further her cause and her personal career, which is the oldest story in the book for Strictly.

Reactions: 2
I went to the live tour this week and I really enjoyed the show- personal highlight for me was Fleur saying she was also “doing it for Will’s mum” 😂

My dad and I are both also approx 99% sure that Anton was a bit sloshed. Was a fun evening, I would recommend!

edit: mum thought Anton was just being himself, but me n dad reckon drunk
I went to the live show too, had to check my ticket twice to see whether it really did it say Strictly because it was basically The Anton Du Beke Show with special guest stars. There are only so many dad jokes and fake Bruno rehashes you can take - at one point even Janette called him out on basically recreating the entire dance. When he got a microphone and got up and started singing a musical number I nearly asked for my money back.

Craig barely said anything throughout, just a few catchphrases. Shirley was so thirsty I felt embarrassed for her.

Show itself wasn't very polished, curtain went down at the wrong time in a group performance completely hiding the ending, a couple of the pro dancers hit each other in the head or ended up in the wrong place at times, judges totally missed one of the couples missing their lift and still marked them high.

Janette presenting made it very Eurovision, especially repeating the name of the city over and over.

Very overpriced for what it was. Especially as you can't fast forward the boring bits. My tickets were £120 each, and they weren't even floor seating, and we were at the side not the front.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I went to the live show too, had to check my ticket twice to see whether it really did it say Strictly because it was basically The Anton Du Beke Show with special guest stars. When he got a microphone and got up and started singing a musical number I nearly asked for my money back.

Craig barely said anything throughout, just a few catchphrases. Shirley was so thirsty I felt embarrassed for her.

Show itself wasn't very polished, curtain went down at the wrong time in a group performance completely hiding the ending, a couple of dancers hit each other in the head or ended up in the wrong place at times, judges totally missed one of the couples missing their lift and still marked them high.

Janette presenting made it very Eurovision, especially repeating the name of the city over and over.

Very overpriced for what it was. Especially as you can't fast forward the boring bits. My tickets were £120 each, and they weren't even floor seating.
I suppose this makes sense - from the look of the costumes and the clips of dancing on the tour that have been shared, it does look low budget and all a bit slapdash.

I suppose this makes sense - from the look of the costumes and the clips of dancing on the tour that have been shared, it does look low budget and all a bit slapdash.
I think the costumes are the same as on the show, but that just reminds you you've paid a fortune to see what you've already seen on TV.

I'm surprised how slapdash it was given the number of times they must have done those same performances by now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.