Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
I think Carlos is very well loved by the professionals. They seem to fully embrace his heart on sleeve quirkiness. He is adorable ❤ Very pleased that he shared this yesterday for Nikita’s birthday 🥵 Was this from the professionals tour last year? They have amazing chemistry, I’d love to see them dance together again.
View attachment 2648849
Yes it was from the pro tour, it was brilliant.

Reactions: 1

glasgow27

VIP Member
I’m surprised more of them don’t open dance schools: Karen Hardy and Iveta are both doing very well on that front. I suppose a lot of them make the mistake of thinking that their ‘fame’ transcends their dance background, ignoring the fact that their dance background is the primary factor contributing to their fame.

That said, there’s always the Aliona/Katya Virshilas career option: ‘marry a really rich bloke’.
Katya V's husband is a fellow dancer (from Denmark), not sure he is worth millions. Think they're based in Hong Kong now. Apparently Erin Boag was another to marry a rich guy.

I do wonder though why more don't go for dance schools. As you say, others have done well with that, and being an ex Strictly pro is undoubtedly going to attract more customers than otherwise.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I AGREE on the creepy vibes, and your description is hilarious, but spot on! He gave me the total ick. Poor Jowita!,
I agree she doesn't seem to have the best track record thus far of picking the best men out there.

The Strictly Christmas special's bar at least one contestant have been scrapping the barrel more and more every year since they did away with getting previous contestants to come back to take part.

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
I can understand why the pros try to capitalise on their moment in the spotlight for as long as they can. They’re in the odd position of being famous because of actual talent - unlike so many celebs pushed onto our screens - but they also know that that fame has a time limit on it before they’re replaced with a younger professional and the only media opportunities open to them will be alongside ex-Love Islanders. Strictly is a machine and there’s always a talented, younger pro waiting in the wings to join the cast.

It must be scary when injuries start becoming more common and taking longer to heal from. Gio definitely didn’t seem to be supporting Vito but, being sympathetic to him for a moment, it must be difficult to see a new Italian pro dancer coming in and storming into two finals, winning the glitterball and gaining a large fanbase when it was only a few years ago that Gio was the hotshot new Italian pro. Now obviously a decent person would be able to check their ego and support a fellow colleague but I can at least understand that it would be difficult to see yourself being replaced and knowing the peak of your career is almost certainly behind you now.

It can’t be long before the show lets some professionals go especially on the women’s side where Lauren felt like a much needed fresh face after too long. I’d keep Lauren, Katya and Jowita and could happily see the rest replaced.
Agree a new Italian pro on the scene that has been so successful with just two seasons.
I also can’t help but feel that (and just my opinion) that Vito & Ellie’s partnership, with her being from Manchester reminded Gio of him & Georgias partnership, you know when they just have chemistry. I reckon she was the one who got away for him.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I wonder if any of the tourers who were out earlier eg Angela and Krishnan do any extra rehearsals? For the finalists it’s only been a couple of weeks but if I was Krishnan and about to embark on an arena tour I would want more than just over a week of rehearsals 😂
Especially in Krishnan's case having a new partner.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Unless Sally is Naga’d into it I can see her running a mile from a full series (rib injury permitting).
I know nothing of her injuries, I only watched the dancing on the show so yeah, she should definitely avoid the main show like the plague if that's the case!

Glaschelle

VIP Member
He has always gotten a pass on his behavior from strictly fans. I know quite a few of the tattlers are still secret Ranvir/Gio fans that trolled any doubters of their “true love” 😝 Then came the Rio fans who were awful to Jowita and Demmi. There are a large group of mostly middle aged women who will never let go of their fantasies of Gio. Their wallets are open for any chance to see that chain smoking narcissist.
This is me - wwwwooo hoooo 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
Pasquale has won! They did a mad dance-off where he and the other couple did like four dances in a row?! Insane.
Maybe this will finally get him onto Strictly..

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Thanks for making me inhale a salt and vinegar chip! 😂

Nooo, don't speak Nikita having a partner who withdraws into existence! As for the rest of that sentence... come on Universe, how about if I say pretty please? 🥰 🙏 🥺

*slaps self* No! I'm too old to give in to the call of the tinfoil! Never forget how dumb KJ shippers looked when Kai facetimed AJ on New Year's Eve and then promptly never spoke to her again. And of how dumb Rio shippers look when they do/say... anything. 😂
Actually they met up several times after nye, all documented, Feb-March that year, presume you forgot Hitlist, Comic Relief and RTS Awards.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I do see Gio having a go at the reality circuits like Brendan & AJ, doubt he’ll go as far as James though.