Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah, I think both gio and gorka are pissy that their time to shine is over. eh, it happens to all the pros eventually. just remember to be nice and you can still stay part of "the strictly family"

I still would love to know what happened with amanda because, well, she's a horror too, so that would be so interesting to finally know what went down
Yep, treat Strictly right and they will treat you right - Ian drafted in to dance in Australia, Janette on ITT, Anton on the judging panel, Joanne and Kevin given Choreography corner duties. Strop off in a huff and you are left shouting into the void of Twitter or Hello or thinking about the heady days of Hello Trish.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Glad it wasn’t just me that thinks so. I think Gio thinks he is the top dog and Gorka is pissed that he’s never won despite getting to the final with a few really good contestants. I don’t think for 1 moment either of them could have done what Vito and Nikita have done this year. They are too driven by their egos.
I agree that Gorka was a great sport when Vito won, so I have no issue with him there. I do think they are both bored now with Strictly, and Gio has made it crystal clear he would move on in a heartbeat if he thought he could sell out the Nantwich Hippodrome on his own. He has to remember though, the Beryls won't stay loyal forever. Aljaz and Janette have their joint thing, Pasha joins up with other dancers. Will people still be booking to see Gio when he's 40?

Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t put Gorka in the same category as Giovanni. He does look snarky but he is genuinely friendly with Vito and Nikita (probably because they went on the pro tour together).
On Saturday he went out of his way to reassure / support Vito in the Clauditorium after the showdance. He also removed the trophy podium out of the way (with the help of Karen) and helped Neil hoist Ellie in the air to allow her and Vito to celebrate together. He has also congratulated his colleagues & shared / commented on all SM posts.

Giovanni - nowhere to be seen during the celebrations, no polite congratulatory post, no likes on the posts made by other pro-dancers.
He also seems to have given the dancerly challenged Nikita an enjoyable Strictly time.

Reactions: 22
if I remember rightly wasn’t Janette close with Caroline Flack?
Janette seems to be weirdly close with a huge number of people who’ve been on the show - I swear she must have a timer turner from Harry Potter, because I don’t know how she finds the time to maintain all these friendships!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yep, treat Strictly right and they will treat you right - Ian drafted in to dance in Australia, Janette on ITT, Anton on the judging panel, Joanne and Kevin given Choreography corner duties. Strop off in a huff and you are left shouting into the void of Twitter or Hello or thinking about the heady days of Hello Trish.
Probably not even a high bar TBH - even Ola got to judge in Poland. But Gio really needs to look at the eventual fates of Brendan, AJ & James.

Reactions: 10
the Amanda Woman gave me bad vibes for some reason there was something about her that didn't feel right, I wish I could put my finger on it
I agree, she was a good dancer but I never warmed to her.
I think Amanda was out of order fuelling speculation by not thanking for the work he had done prior to her bowing out.

Obviously Giovanni & Amanda never got told it is better to kill your enemies with kindness! As my mum would say “Just smile at them, it will annoy them more” 😂

Reactions: 8
Just remembered that wee fud AJ who thought he was too good for it . Worked out well for him 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Janette seems to be weirdly close with a huge number of people who’ve been on the show - I swear she must have a timer turner from Harry Potter, because I don’t know how she finds the time to maintain all these friendships!
Is there anyone that Janette didn't like?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Probably not even a high bar TBH - even Ola got to judge in Poland. But Gio really needs to look at the eventual fates of Brendan, AJ & James.
Darren and Lilia are heavily involved in the Ireland version, and I think Darren judged on another version … Lebanon?

Reactions: 2
Speaking of James Jordan, he was saying on his Strictly review video that Danny Mac is not in the same stratosphere as Layton.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
When will we hear what dances they're doing on the tour.

I'm still hoping Layton and Nikita will do their Cha Cha Cha and Argentine Tango. Or their paso. Or Samba. Or Quickstep. Basically any dance except their american smooth 🤣🤣🤣

I'm really hoping Layton and Nikita pick up some tour wins. I've bought mu mum a new mobile phone for her Christmas so we'll have 2 lots of votes!!!

Reactions: 7
OMFG fuming I've just seen the Xmas day spoiler!!!! Was just a normal strictly article posted by a newspaper which was about the final on Saturday, clicked onto the comments, and some ******* has posted the spoiler 😡🙄 absolutely raging, but just want to warn you all! Well, that's Xmas strictly ruined for me

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Speaking of James Jordan, he was saying on his Strictly review video that Danny Mac is not in the same stratosphere as Layton.
Don't poke the troll. That's all he is, the Katie Hopkins of the dance world.
---
OMFG fuming I've just seen the Xmas day spoiler!!!! Was just a normal strictly article posted by a newspaper which was about the final on Saturday, clicked onto the comments, and some ******* has posted the spoiler 😡🙄 absolutely raging, but just want to warn you all! Well, that's Xmas strictly ruined for me
If it's the same person on every single comment thread I've seen, Christmas special related or not, they clearly have additional learning needs. I don't think they're out there to spoil anybody'a Christmas.

I honestly think re the Christmas special that if you want to be surprised, just ignore everything until Christmas day as it was filmed so far in advance a spoiler could happen anywhere.

Tbf 4.30pm on Christmas day most people are so ratarsed they wouldn't know a spoiler from Adam if they saw one anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I didn’t see a single negative comment about Ellie through the whole series and as soon as she won the comments have started, I knew the public couldn’t love a young woman forever without wanting to bring her down a peg or two…it’s like now she’s found her confidence they have a problem surprise surprise

I too am still aboard the Vito and Ellie ship (at this stage I will sink with it lol). My theory is that it’s such early days and they are just having fun/seeing what happens that they wouldn’t go public with it in a ordinary situation at that stage so won’t now 🙏🏼
I Agree with this 100% - the GBP are quirky, funny, fabulously supportive when they get behind something but don’t like confident women. Why?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.