Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Decoding - I think it’s a ref to Amanda calling Ellie and Vito a ‘beautiful couple’ in her insta comment which started the whole media frenzy. She was having Ellie round to tea quite a lot and had taken her under her wing.
I guess Gio knows that Amanda will prob have told Vito stuff (she’s still posting lots of hearts on their stuff). Having said that, if she and Gio had a massive row I imagine everyone on the show knows all about it!
Sorry was busy doing a Nigel (off my tits on pain killers)

Thanks @soccergirl that is what I meant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nikita’s post was lovely and Layton’s comment says it all. It must be very strange to go from spending all day every day with someone for months on end to real life where you’re both busy and the thing connecting you has come to an end.

I’m always interested to see which partnerships stay in touch and which ones drift, either because they’ve already deleted one another’s numbers (Amanda and Gio) or because life just moves on. Realistically, the pros can’t stay close to every celebrity they have but I can’t imagine Layton and Nikita not remaining close, and Katya’s posted tonight about being out to dinner with Nigel and her family. But I wonder how many couples will actually stay in touch beyond the odd IG comment?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm wondering about the Gio and Amanda stuff. He must have actually said or done something or there was a big argument between them for her to fully quit and act like strictly never happened. There're reports (from Brendan lol) that Gio is full of himself but I think we can all see that from a mile off. Is that really a reason to quit? Amanda seems like she can be quite hard work herself. If it's that they just didn't gel then I don't blame him for being a bit moody about all the speculation she's caused. Then again maybe it was well deserved. I wonder if we'll ever know exactly what happened 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Nikita’s post was lovely and Layton’s comment says it all. It must be very strange to go from spending all day every day with someone for months on end to real life where you’re both busy and the thing connecting you has come to an end.

I’m always interested to see which partnerships stay in touch and which ones drift, either because they’ve already deleted one another’s numbers (Amanda and Gio) or because life just moves on. Realistically, the pros can’t stay close to every celebrity they have but I can’t imagine Layton and Nikita not remaining close, and Katya’s posted tonight about being out to dinner with Nigel and her family. But I wonder how many couples will actually stay in touch beyond the odd IG comment?
I think it's probably few and far between. Actual long-term friendships, that is, as opposed to just friendly acquaintances (maintained mostly via social media). Strictly is such a moment in time, and as you say, once the glitter settles, life moves on.

Are there any couples anyone can think of who you really expected to stay 'friends for life' after the show, but didn't at all?

Reactions: 2
I mean some of Diannes behaviour has been suspect the past few weeks but imagine being her and knowing someone has put a photo of you on the grave of a woman you never even met 👀😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm wondering about the Gio and Amanda stuff. He must have actually said or done something or there was a big argument between them for her to fully quit and act like strictly never happened. There're reports (from Brendan lol) that Gio is full of himself but I think we can all see that from a mile off. Is that really a reason to quit? Amanda seems like she can be quite hard work herself. If it's that they just didn't gel then I don't blame him for being a bit moody about all the speculation she's caused. Then again maybe it was well deserved. I wonder if we'll ever know exactly what happened 🤷🏻‍♀️
Who knows and I guess we may never find out unless Amanda goes rogue.

The only thing I’d say is that 3 of his last 4 partners don’t appear to talk to Gio so the math is mathing

Reactions: 11
I was waiting for Nikita's post and it was worth the wait what a lovely post and lovely to see Laytons comment underneath it too and they really did have a special bond. And Its so nice to see that both them will be giving the kids in Birmingham some dancing lessons what a lovely memory for kids.

Like someone said before both families should be proud of them two lovely individuals who together make the perfect dream team.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m always interested by the celeb/pro friendships that form outside of the couples e.g Sarah Davies and Amy (and Tom of course) and if I remember rightly wasn’t Janette close with Caroline Flack? I’m sure there are more that aren’t coming to mind, I find it interesting to wonder how they formed etc

Reactions: 4
I thought on their VTs that they appeared to be quite flirty and tactile with each other. I doubt we will ever know.

I think Gio is definitely going down the Brendan/James route and thinking he is bigger than the show. A couple of times he and Gorka the snark were larking about jumping up and down when Layton and Nikita got their scores. I saw comments about how supportive they were but I felt they were being snarky/disrespectful. It didn’t appear to be genuine like the other pros, they were throwing each other in air and jumping up on the seats in what appeared to be a coordinated way in order get attention on them rather than the couple. I think there can be a bit of a hierarchy with some of the older pros and it must piss them off to see the likes of Vito and Nikita smashing it.

Who knows and I guess we may never find out unless Amanda goes rogue.

The only thing I’d say is that 3 of his last 4 partners don’t appear to talk to Gio so the math is mathing
They all seem to be commenting on Amanda’s posts too which is very telling. Even Michelle Visage, who is meant to be friendly with Gio, commented on her last post.

Reactions: 8
Nikita's insta post genuinely made me tear up. I was waiting to see what he was going to post. And Layton's response - those two words said EVERYTHING. 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Gio is definitely going down the Brendan/James route and thinking he is bigger than the show. A couple of times he and Gorka the snark were larking about jumping up and down when Layton and Nikita got their scores. I saw comments about how supportive they were but I felt they were being snarky/disrespectful. It didn’t appear to be genuine like the other pros, they were throwing each other in air and jumping up on the seats in what appeared to be a coordinated way in order get attention on them rather than the couple. I think there can be a bit of a hierarchy with some of the older pros and it must piss them off to see the likes of Vito and Nikita smashing it.
Think Gio & Gorka's noses are out of joint no longer being the golden boys. Rose & Helen were their last gifts.

I thought on their VTs that they appeared to be quite flirty and tactile with each other. I doubt we will ever know.

BIB - Oh my god! 100% this! I didn't buy any of that tit for a second. It looked as phony as duck.

Tbf to Gorka, mind you, he did leave a nice message on Nikita's post. But, rightly or wrongly, I just got a massively snarky vibe from their antics.

Reactions: 9
I was trying to word it more politely, but YES. THIS 🤣🤣

They all seem to be commenting on Amanda’s posts too which is very telling. Even Michelle Visage, who is meant to be friendly with Gio, commented on her last post.
I'm glad you've said this about Gio and Gorka because I've thought the same. Gio has never come across to me as a person who just throws themselves into a moment of celebration for other people, like say Graz does. Graz's reaction to Layton's first Craig ten is one of my favourite things this year.

Gorka has done far too much taking the piss stuff over the last few years (waggling his arse at Craig/skits with Alijaz behind Tess during the Covid years, plus the justified reaction to Dianne's trusting Bobby and not the pros comment) for me to believe he is genuinely celebrating someone else's moment.

Not a great look.
---
BIB - Oh my god! 100% this! I didn't buy any of that tit for a second. It looked as phony as duck.

Tbf to Gorka, mind you, he did leave a nice message on Nikita's post. But, rightly or wrongly, I just got a massively snarky vibe from their antics.
I suspect they think they are funny as duck.

Newsflash - they're not.

the Amanda Woman gave me bad vibes for some reason there was something about her that didn't feel right, I wish I could put my finger on it

Reactions: 6
yeah, I think both gio and gorka are pissy that their time to shine is over. eh, it happens to all the pros eventually. just remember to be nice and you can still stay part of "the strictly family"

I still would love to know what happened with amanda because, well, she's a horror too, so that would be so interesting to finally know what went down

Reactions: 6
Glad it wasn’t just me that thinks so. I think Gio thinks he is the top dog and Gorka is pissed that he’s never won despite getting to the final with a few really good contestants. I don’t think for 1 moment either of them could have done what Vito and Nikita have done this year. They are too driven by their egos.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t put Gorka in the same category as Giovanni. He does look snarky but he is genuinely friendly with Vito and Nikita (probably because they went on the pro tour together).
On Saturday he went out of his way to reassure / support Vito in the Clauditorium after the showdance. He also removed the trophy podium out of the way (with the help of Karen) and helped Neil hoist Ellie in the air to allow her and Vito to celebrate together. He has also congratulated his colleagues & shared / commented on all SM posts.

Giovanni - nowhere to be seen during the celebrations, no polite congratulatory post, no likes on the posts made by other pro-dancers.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.