Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shirley Ballas is on Desert Island Discs. She’s very ‘I pulled myself up from nothing and there’s no excuses if you can’t do the same’.

She‘s exactly how I imagined her to be.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I loved the cartwheels!! 😂😂 I actually laughed!! It was so much fun!!! 🩷🩷 And I really loved how much Layton was surprised at how much he enjoyed it!! That made me so happy because the Charleston is a happy dance and that's how it should make you feel!! 🩷
I’m not sure if they’ve used the same Charleston choreographer for a long time but Pasha and Kimberley Walsh had the cartwheels in their Charleston back in 2013 (Ten bloody years ago, how can it have been that long ago?!) but it was executed a lot better last night

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Unfortunately my two favourites are Layton and Annabel!!! So I feel my favourites ain't lifting that glitter ball.

In the final I'd love these dances

Layton - AT and Cha Cha Cha
Annabel - Samba and Couple Choice
Bobby - Movie week salsa and I'm not sure what else
Ellie - I'm really struggling with Ellie. She's a perfectly good dancer but I keep forgetting she's there. I remember her AT but that was mainly because of the god awful music and dress. So the AT but with different music and dress.

Reactions: 5
I’m not sure if they’ve used the same Charleston choreographer for a long time but Pasha and Kimberley Walsh had the cartwheels in their Charleston back in 2013 (Ten bloody years ago, how can it have been that long ago?!) but it was executed a lot better last night

Wow still impressive from her!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Final dances for me would be:

Layton - QS and AT
Ellie - AS and Paso
Annabel - Jive and ?
Bobby - Samba and ?

I'm struggling to remember dances for either Annabel or Bobby which says a lot.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure Ellie would do the AS and paso - I have mixed feelings because I would love to see a big band/Broadway showdance from her but if she does the AS that won't happen. So I am on my knees begging Vito (no, not like that) not to do another contemporary dance - ballroom, please!

Last edited:
I’m actually a bit concerned for her welfare when her and Bobby inevitably don’t win and she crashes and burns after the show.
Was she not totally manic though when Joe got to the final
I definitely have memories of her jumping into her IG comments even back then very over the top defending of choreo choices when Joe was very wonkily lifted in the technicolour dream coat routine .

I have a feeling all will end well though with a big announcement -
Joe in a black suit with a dickie bow stood on the stairs, arm around Dianne his other arm around Bobby's waist looking dreamily at them both
" we didn't win the glitter ball but we did find something even better, were now a thrupple"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Was she not totally manic though when Joe got to the final
I definitely have memories of her jumping into her IG comments even back then very over the top defending of choreo choices when Joe was very wonkily lifted in the technicolour dream coat routine .

I have a feeling all will end well though with a big announcement -
Joe in a black suit with a dickie bow stood on the stairs, arm around Dianne his other arm around Bobby's waist looking dreamily at them both
" we didn't win the glitter ball but we did find something even better, were now a thrupple"
Poor Bobby. I just want him out of her clutches at this stage.

Her hair spoiled the costumes, which were really lovely, in their first dance. I found myself looking at it like this 🥴.

Reactions: 9
Poor Bobby. I just want him out of her clutches at this stage.

Her hair really spoiled the costumes, which were really lovely, in their first dance. I found myself looking at it like this 🥴.
It was the paso Colin the caterpillar that I couldn’t stop looking at.
The thought they actually have hair pieces specifically in that colour astounds me.

• Haha
Shirley Ballas is on Desert Island Discs. She’s very ‘I pulled myself up from nothing and there’s no excuses if you can’t do the same’.

She‘s exactly how I imagined her to be.
Big Tory energy from Shirley there. Everyone has unique experiences and circumstances that can impact their ability to pull themselves up from nothing...

But anyway, the final.

Ellie: I think they might go with either the paso or the AS, and then the jive as judges choice. Would personally love to see the AS again

Layton: hopefully they will pick the AT, and then maybe the cha cha or QS?

Bobby: probably samba and CC

Annabel: the jive is one the one I remember as being better than expected, but apart from her CC, I can't remember any others

Are there any rules for what dances can be reused in the final? I don’t think they should be able to use a CC and I think it should be a pre-Blackpool number as if it’s one of the more recent dances it could put them at an unfair advantage when others are trying to remember older dances.

Reactions: 6
Are there any rules for what dances can be reused in the final? I don’t think they should be able to use a CC and I think it should be a pre-Blackpool number as if it’s one of the more recent dances it could put them at an unfair advantage when others are trying to remember older dances.
Anything before the semi-final is fair game. Last year Helen did her Musicals Week CC - so from a fortnight earlier - and Rose obviously reprised her CC.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I really wonder how much input Ellie got for her couples choice. She could of course have always dreamt of dancing to Dua Lipa (I think I read somewhere that she's a fan?) but it seemed tenuous. I remember a few weeks ago seeing on her Insta a video of her and her Dad at Coldplay and it was Yellow and she was saying how special that song is to her and her family so I was expecting her couples choice to be to that....certainly not a Dua Lipa medley. Really hope she gets a good showdance song that allows her to do a ballroom/jazz vibe which could be amazing

Reactions: 8
They should consider getting all of the CCs out of the way early on, imo.

Call it CC week and just get them over with. 😁

Reactions: 10
I'm sure Ellie would do the AS and paso - I have mixed feelings because I would love to see a big band/Broadway showdance from her but if she does the AS that won't happen. So I am on my knees begging Vito (no, not like that) not to do another contemporary dance - ballroom, please!
This is true actually, I wouldn't mind seeing her foxtrot from week 2 as it was great even then, that would free up the chance for an old school broadway ballroom showdance. As long as it's nothing like last nights I don't mind

Layton - I really hope it’s the AT and quickstep although I wouldn’t be surprised to see the CCC as that’s currently the highest viewed YouTube dance for this series.

Ellie - American Smooth and Paso although I would like to see one her Latin dances, maybe the salsa?

Bobby - I would be surprised if we didn’t see his Samba. I’m worried that they will reprise his CC as they know that will get high votes. I quite like Bobby in ballroom but I think all of them bar the quickstep were so very similar that I would struggle to identify them.

Annabel - I think they would perhaps choose one of her foxtrot based foxtrots 🤔 I wouldn’t want to see her CC again as I think that would cheapen a genuinely moving dance. Most of her Latin has been pretty tit but I think her jive wasn’t so bad. I think they would probably want to revive her Paso as that scored well.

Reactions: 4
Layton - quickstep and AT
Ellie - paso and maybe the jive from week one?
Bobby - samba and American smooth
Annabel - I don’t think she should redo her CC. Maybe her jive and ?

I know I’ve been very vocal about the lack of chemistry between Ellie and Vito but I did see an interview this week where I felt they did give a bit of a coupley vibe. I thought there was no chemistry between Joe and Dianne so based on that Ellie and Vito are probably planning to elope after the final.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I honestly don’t think the Pro’s get a choice, it’s more the Dance Allocation Team/Mr Gilkeson trying to get ina. Final Romeo and Juliet. There is generally a choice of pop video, contempowaft, a big band ballroom and a best bits mash up and it just depends who gets pulled out the tombola as to who gets what.

I honestly don’t think the Pro’s get a choice, it’s more the Dance Allocation Team/Mr Gilkeson trying to get ina. Final Romeo and Juliet. There is generally a choice of pop video, contempowaft, a big band ballroom and a best bits mash up and it just depends who gets pulled out the tombola as to who gets what.
IKR. Last year we had Molly's rubber glove extravaganza (Dua Lipa medley mark I); big band (Hamza); Lovely Ballroom (Helen); and best bits (Fleur). I'd hope the producers would go for some light and shade, but last year Fleur had two upbeat dances (samba and CC) and then a paso-style showdance. At least hopefully Ellie will be spared the rubber gloves again.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.