Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
there are no runners-up- they just announce the winner. Remember Pissy Gorka last year standing beside Fleur and Molly?
oh aye. this is my geriatric brain remembering the times gone by when someone was actually eliminated first šŸ§“

Reactions: 4
Those Daily Mail ā€˜hacksā€™ have their Strictly articles written for them just by reading tattle ! šŸ˜

Reactions: 6
Nikita's intro dance? About 28 minutes in:

Also Kai and Jowita's intro dance of course. I had forgotten how much I liked it, although even then Cameron looked like the odd one out.

At the start I would never have thought Layton would be going into the final with fewer dance offs than Bobby, but happy for him and Nikita that they went straight through. I think Ellie has had it in the bag for weeks.
Thank you so much! Intense and cheeky indeed! ā™„

Reactions: 1
At the start I would never have thought Layton would be going into the final with fewer dance offs than Bobby, but happy for him and Nikita that they went straight through. I think Ellie has had it in the bag for weeks.
[/QUOTE]
Nikita's intro dance? About 28 minutes in:

Also Kai and Jowita's intro dance of course. I had forgotten how much I liked it, although even then Cameron looked like the odd one out.

Thank you for this! somehow, I'd completely forgotten how they all turned up at the same time!

our reigning champion, our charming time traveller, our most perfect, beautiful baby boy.... and cameron. whatever became of cameron?

Reactions: 3
Dianne is going to be insufferable isnā€™t she? God what an irritating couple. The only saving grace is that Bobby is unlikely to win because he canā€™t be that popular. If Nigel had still been there, I think Bobby would have been out last week.

Annabel is what Strictly is about for a lot of people and according to a colleague who studies form, she was second favourite to win by the bookies earlier in the week. She needed a lot of votes to balance out her scores and obviously just werenā€™t there.

I was confident Ellie would win but now Iā€™m not so sure. I donā€™t have a skin in the game but the thought of Bobby and Dianne winning brings out the same feelings of injustice I had when Ore won šŸ˜‚. I donā€™t think Layton will win. If I had a pound for every time Iā€™ve seen ā€œBuT hEā€™s A pRoFesSiOnAl DaNcErā€ on social media I would be off to Donagheyā€™s for the weekend. Yes he is, yes he does have an advantage in terms of dancing in front of an audience and basic dance fundamentals but Nikita and Layton have been a joy to watch this year.

Decent semi-final, Bobbyā€™s Quickstep was his best dance so far but his Paso face looked like he had a bit of tit under his nose. Him and Dianne are just so bloody irritating though, theyā€™re like a pair of kids.

Annabelā€™s Viennese Waltz was lovely but her Salsa wasnā€™t her best. Itā€™s obviously still very recently since her husband died so as hypocritical as this could sound from me given my stance on them, I donā€™t think this is in the ā€˜sob storyā€™ category.

Laytonā€™s Rumba wasnā€™t my favourite dance of his but his Charleston was a different level. He was on the road to big things anyway but Strictly has been great for a wider audience to see just how talented he is.

Loved Ellieā€™s Cha Cha Chaaaaar but not her Coupleā€™s Choice. I really wanted to love it but it didnā€™t work for me. Please donā€™t hate me but I donā€™t find Vitoā€™s chats in the Clauditorium endearing at all. I donā€™t think heā€™s playing a game or trying to be something heā€™s not but it irritates me a wee bit

Reactions: 28
Vito's word salad was quite cute in the beginning but then of course Strictly had to go and make it 'a thing' so his tangents became longer and longer and more annoying and now I just want to give him a slap (and not in a kinky way).

• Haha
Reactions: 30
if youā€™d told me before the series started that knobby would be in more dance offs than Layton I would have been shocked

Reactions: 25
Had a rare but much needed Saturday night out yesterday so I have the whole of last night's show to catch up on this aft so can't comment on any dances but I did notice on socials even Alfie's sister and Zoe and Joe's mother coming out in force last night reminding us all who we needed to be voting for (had a sneaky eye roll to myself of course) šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
just looking for a silver lining to Nigel not being there last night, but say if Nigel hadn't been injured and Annabel went last week, there could well have been a Bobby v Nigel dance off last night with Shirley doing the devil's work and putting Bobby through. So we've been spared that injustice at least

I'm not exactly over the moon at Bobby being in the final, but he was better than Annabel last night

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow shocked Layton and Nikita escaped the dance off but so so happy they did. I think theyā€™re going to be really shocked too. They're reaction is going to be super cute to quote Layton. I'd love this to mean they have a chance at winning but they won't. But they're going to be amazing to watch in the final.

To think if Nigel hadn't been injured it's likely Bobby would have gone last week and now he's in the final. I do think based on last night he was better than Annabel and did a good job of the Quickstep and so fair enough he's made it through. I'm confident he won't win. Sorry I mean I'm confident Dianne won't win.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What dances would you like to see each of them do again?

Ellie: American Smooth and either Paso or her week 1 jive

Bobby: none (joke) probably his samba and jive? Or maybe one of his ballrooms (struggling to remember any of his dances tbh)

Layton: Argentine tango and quickstep (or his salsa)

Annabel: her foxtrot and foxtrot šŸ˜œ foxtrot and maybe her jive

• Haha
Reactions: 12
just looking for a silver lining to Nigel not being there last night, but say if Nigel hadn't been injured and Annabel went last week, there could well have been a Bobby v Nigel dance off last night with Shirley doing the devil's work and putting Bobby through. So we've been spared that injustice at least

I'm not exactly over the moon at Bobby being in the final, but he was better than Annabel last night
Good point. She would have probably saved Bobby 'young man' because Nigel's toenail was pointed up further than his toe, or something. And that would have broken my heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ellie: American Smooth and week one jive. I like a throwback.

Bobby: Samba then a ballroom of some sort, can't remember them either.

Layton: Argentine Tango and quickstep/salsa (I loved both)

Annabel: Tough call between a foxtrot and a foxtrot. I'd say her jive should be in it with one of the infinite ballrooms.

Reactions: 8
What dances would you like to see each of them do again?

Ellie: American Smooth and either Paso or her week 1 jive

Bobby: none (joke) probably his samba and jive? Or maybe one of his ballrooms (struggling to remember any of his dances tbh)

Layton: Argentine tango and quickstep (or his salsa)

Annabel: her foxtrot and foxtrot šŸ˜œ foxtrot and maybe her jive
Bobby's QS was probably his best dance (even though a bit overmarked).

I was disappointed in the foxtrot content in Annabel's VW

Layton's Charleston was really superb - at the start I was 'oh it's a bit out of sync' and then it just got better and better. Nobody else could have done that.

I'm cross they basically repurposed Molly's showdance for Ellie's CC - the lift was spectacular but I would have loved to see her do something jazzy. The look from Vito to her at the end though (though I preferred his curly CCC hair) šŸ”„

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Keep watching back Layton and Nikita's Charleston and noticing new things, like after the swivel, they do this really complicated looking delightful step, and then Layton's OTT jazz hands at the end šŸ˜ā¤

Love love love it. This and Nigel's rumba are the only two dances this series that have really gotten under my skin

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Keep watching back Layton and Nikita's Charleston and noticing new things, like after the swivel, they do this really complicated looking delightful step, and then Layton's OTT jazz hands at the end šŸ˜ā¤

Love love love it. This and Nigel's rumba are the only two dances this series that have really gotten under my skin
I loved it.
And when Craig stood up, I said ohhhhhhhh and clapped šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.