Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Charleston was so full of joy that I realised I was beaming at the TV, and then when they did the cartwheels I did a huge open-mouthed happy-surprised face and then burst into applause while having a little happy weep at how amazing it was 😅 Craig standing up felt like a really special moment (and the poor spotlight operator was clearly taken by surprise and just couldn't get it right 😂)

Nikita's speech afterwards was beautiful and made me cry, although right at the end of it I genuinely thought he said he wanted to have his first child with Layton and I thought "WOAH WTF????"...and then realised he said first FINAL (the perils of having the sound on low!!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
His first child with Layton 🤣 that would be one quick moving relationship .. let’s make the final & have a child. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
From the back of Layton's charleston,I really hope those that have never seen the brilliant film "Singin in the rain" will watch it now, but if you dont - try to watch the masters Gene and Donald in these 3 dances:
Gene Kelly & Donald O'connor
"Moses"
"make them laugh"
"good morning".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Loved Ellie’s Cha Cha Chaaaaar but not her Couple’s Choice. I really wanted to love it but it didn’t work for me. Please don’t hate me but I don’t find Vito’s chats in the Clauditorium endearing at all. I don’t think he’s playing a game or trying to be something he’s not but it irritates me a wee bit
Agreed re Vito's chats in the Clauditorium.

I think he is a very sweet man. And I remember reading a comment from Motsi at some point about him being genuinely humble. But the chats have been done to death.

The thing with Krishnan's son used to annoy me similarly. Okay do it once, mildly funny now LET IT GO! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have been pondering about the craziness of the judges this year. How they are not treating people equally in the least and I have a theory. All 4 semifinalists haven't really had a really hard time from the judges at all. And what do they all have in common??

A sob story.

Every one of them have some kind of sob story/arch. Annabel, her husband died. Bobby, he's only 20 and his mum died when he was 4. Ella, young broken hearted women with no confidence. Layton, a proud black gay man who faces a lot of open homophobia and racism.

They all have an angle that can be used to appeal to viewers and provide stories for the papers and to keep engagement up for the show. Angela and Nigel didn't have any kind of appeal like that, they were just basic happy people, happily married, loving families and they got dragged so much this year.

Sorry its the only way I could make sense of the whole "oh mistakes don't matter" etc. bullshit that was going on last night from the judges when they were so cruel to other contestants this year.

Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest, at least 3 out of 4 of these celebrities put on a good show last night.

Reactions: 8
I’m sure some of the choreography was a bit recycled? Ellie and Vitos CC some of the moves were like his and Fleur’s CC? And Bobby dragging Diane along at the end..definitely seen that before but can’t remember who?

Reactions: 4
I’m sure some of the choreography was a bit recycled? Ellie and Vitos CC some of the moves were like his and Fleur’s CC? And Bobby dragging Diane along at the end..definitely seen that before but can’t remember who?
John Sergeant dragging Kristina Rhianoff across the floor like a sack of tatties 😂

IMG_0213.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Charleston was so full of joy that I realised I was beaming at the TV, and then when they did the cartwheels I did a huge open-mouthed happy-surprised face and then burst into applause while having a little happy weep at how amazing it was 😅 Craig standing up felt like a really special moment (and the poor spotlight operator was clearly taken by surprise and just couldn't get it right 😂)

Nikita's speech afterwards was beautiful and made me cry, although right at the end of it I genuinely thought he said he wanted to have his first child with Layton and I thought "WOAH WTF????"...and then realised he said first FINAL (the perils of having the sound on low!!)
I loved the cartwheels!! 😂😂 I actually laughed!! It was so much fun!!! 🩷🩷 And I really loved how much Layton was surprised at how much he enjoyed it!! That made me so happy because the Charleston is a happy dance and that's how it should make you feel!! 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm cross they basically repurposed Molly's showdance for Ellie's CC - the lift was spectacular but I would have loved to see her do something jazzy. The look from Vito to her at the end though (though I preferred his curly CCC hair) 🔥
I'm amazed Ellie manages to function every week...if Vito looked at me like that (or indeed...at all!) it would be game over!
---
Just catching up...
I am so relieved that Ellie and Layton avoided the dance off! I was genuinely concerned about Ellie last night!

Not overly gutted with Bobby making the final...its more Diane that bugs me, and tbf it might be quite entertaining to watch! I think he'll really struggle with three dances and god only knows what sort of showdance Diane will choreograph!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just rewatched Bob's QS. It was really good, but Dianne has just lost it now.

Reactions: 11
Please correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't done a tribute to Len yet, have they? I just saw dwts renamed the glitter ball "the len goodman glitter ball"

Reactions: 6
What dances would you like to see each of them do again?

Ellie: American Smooth and either Paso or her week 1 jive

Bobby: none (joke) probably his samba and jive? Or maybe one of his ballrooms (struggling to remember any of his dances tbh)

Layton: Argentine tango and quickstep (or his salsa)

Annabel: her foxtrot and foxtrot 😜 foxtrot and maybe her jive
Ellie - definitely the American smooth or the Paso!

Layton - would love to see the quickstep again and maybe one of their ballroom ones so he can really nail the frame...VW maybe?

Bobby - do not care

Annabel - I literally cannot remember a single one of her dances...

I enjoyed last night, overall.

There would have been more of an edge of excitement with Nigel and Katya (my favourites) still there, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Please correct me if I'm wrong but they haven't done a tribute to Len yet, have they? I just saw dwts renamed the glitter ball "the len goodman glitter ball"
They did something on the first show didn’t they? I think the reason DWTS have done more is because he was still a judge on the show when he died. He’s not been on Strictly for years. I didn’t watch Strictly when Len was on, so while I acknowledge his importance to the show, I also don’t care that much! (in the nicest way)

Reactions: 6
Agreed re Vito's chats in the Clauditorium.

I think he is a very sweet man. And I remember reading a comment from Motsi at some point about him being genuinely humble. But the chats have been done to death.

The thing with Krishnan's son used to annoy me similarly. Okay do it once, mildly funny now LET IT GO! 😁
It is the best way to kill a joke or anything vaguely amusing.

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed last night, overall.

There would have been more of an edge of excitement with Nigel and Katya (my favourites) still there, imo.
Same, they would have really added to the whole show, imagine having them in over Annabel?? It would have been brilliant, but the reality is the judges would have probably been unnecessarily cruel or picky so at least we avoided that unfairness 🩷
---
I’m actually a bit concerned for her welfare when her and Bobby inevitably don’t win and she crashes and burns after the show.
She's not acting like a sane person at all. I think we are already witnessing her crashing.

She really needs to get her roots done, at this stage of the competition I am surprised she hasn't done that as it really took away from that beautiful dress she had on last night.

Reactions: 2
I’m actually a bit concerned for her welfare when her and Bobby inevitably don’t win and she crashes and burns after the show.
Same. I think she's channelling every emotion she has about her dad's health into pursuit of the glitter ball and is becoming quite manic with it. I hope she has a lot of support.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.