Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bobby - Quickstep - Shirley's OTT carrying on was embarrassing, but I did like it and thought it was a pretty impressive improvement.

Paso - Just comically bad. I was possibly the most shocked I've ever been by everyone other than Craig saying it was great. And even Craig overscored it. I suppose it was probably the best that could be expected given his build though. But that Paso face was unforgivable from an actor. Even Annabel did better! I'm mad they wasted a good Paso song on him too.

Annabel - Salsa - It could've been worse. But it was pretty bad. She recovered from the mistake pretty well though.

Viennese Waltz - I can't even remember it already so 🤷‍♀️ But even though I think she's the one who deserves to go the most I still thought she probably should have had a few more points for it. Judges saying one thing then scoring completely to the contrary again.

OK I watched it again and actually it's ridiculous she scored the same as last week when it was definitely better. She did the finger placement on his arm properly this time, and last week there was a footwork mistake but not this week. It's obvious she doesn't really belong in the semi-final but the judges don't have to be such dicks about it. I really hate it when they overscore people then bring them crashing down. It wasn't fair on Angela R either. And they didn't do it to Bobby, when he should've had 7s and 8s at best for his shapeless, stompy Paso.

Ellie - Cha Cha - Really loved it! Probably one of my favourites ever, as Cha Chas are usually pretty forgettable. Thought she might've been slightly undermarked, but then again there were a couple of little wobbles.

CC - Didn't love it, but liked it. Anything's better than street dance. And Vito in pleather and guyliner was 🥵

Layton - Rumba - I thought it was good but a little boring, as most rumbas are tbf. Liked it better than John and JoJo's at least, which I've always thought was overrated. I probably would've liked it more without the hideous grey pyjamas.

Charleston - Wasn't my favourite one ever, Rhys and Nancy's probably is, but I liked it better than most Charlestons. I didn't like the chair bit. I was a little surprised by Craig's reaction, but not complaining I guess. Aww, Nikita getting all choked up... he's such a sweetheart! 🥰

I'll probably like both their dances more after I watch them again, as the first impression was tainted by worrying he could be out if he made a mistake.

Noticed poor Katya was very teary the whole night. Don't blame her, it must be really hard to stand there and cheer for everyone else knowing she and Nigel belong in the Final, and could've won. :cry:

Every time I start to get excited for Ellie to win Vito has to open his big fat mouth and tell the Never Danced Before lie again. I'm begging you, shut the duck up.

Thank duck the pity/outrage votes for Annabel weren't enough to get her ahead of Ellie and put Layton in the dance-off, I'd have been raging! I'm so happy for them and can't wait to see their faces when they get through! I hope they call them first since they were the last in the dance-off.

Last week I would have said Annabel was better than Bobby, but he has improved this week and he's got better and more varied dances to redo. Just hope he doesn't redo the CC, but if he does Annabel probably would have as well so it's not like it makes any difference.

I do hope Dianne comes to terms with the fact that they're not going to win by next week. If she doesn't I couldn't even make fun of her, just worry for her mental health. 😕

Still not over Nigel not being in the Final. Or Angela S, If only Bobby had done his damn CC earlier, he might've gone that week instead of Angela. :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Catching up on Gogglebox and they watched Bobby's Salsa and did their impressions of "nobody puts Baby in the cornah" and were 😬 about the botched lift, and it felt just like being on Tattle :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m not sure if they’ve used the same Charleston choreographer for a long time but Pasha and Kimberley Walsh had the cartwheels in their Charleston back in 2013 (Ten bloody years ago, how can it have been that long ago?!) but it was executed a lot better last night

This is one of the best Charlestons that’s ever been done in the show 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know I’ve been very vocal about the lack of chemistry between Ellie and Vito but I did see an interview this week where I felt they did give a bit of a coupley vibe. I thought there was no chemistry between Joe and Dianne so based on that Ellie and Vito are probably planning to elope after the final.
Which interview? If they are together I suspect they are doing their best to keep it quiet otherwise that's all anyone will focus on.

I would absolutely cackle and they would forever have my best wishes if Ellie was to win they went back to Fleurs place ( she now owns Joe's old place with The Stairs) and posed on the stairs with their Glitter balls with something like Got the Glitter Balls AND something even better. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Catching up on Gogglebox and they watched Bobby's Salsa and did their impressions of "nobody puts Baby in the cornah" and were 😬 about the botched lift, and it felt just like being on Tattle :LOL:
Yes 😁.
I was guessing beforehand that they would feature it, when I saw that Strictly was featuring. 😁

• Haha
Every time I start to get excited for Ellie to win Vito has to open his big fat mouth and tell the Never Danced Before lie again. I'm begging you, shut the duck up.
Yes, this really bothers me. She doesn't have as much experience as Layton or Nigel, but she still had way more than Annabel and Knobby, and that gave her advantages over them from Week 1. Why are they - or at least Vito and the producers - pretending otherwise? Knobby is a total novice but that barely gets mentioned. Do the producers want his image to only be "the poor motherless boy", and so they gave Ellie the "novice" storyline because they couldn't think of anything else for her? I wonder if it's connected to how they weirdly focus on only Layton being from Bury and never Ellie.

Reactions: 13
Yes, this really bothers me. She doesn't have as much experience as Layton or Nigel, but she still had way more than Annabel and Knobby, and that gave her advantages over them from Week 1. Why are they - or at least Vito and the producers - pretending otherwise? Knobby is a total novice but that barely gets mentioned. Do the producers want his image to only be "the poor motherless son", and so they gave Ellie the "novice" storyline because they couldn't think of anything else for her? I wonder if it's connected to how they weirdly focus on only Layton being from Bury and never Ellie.
It does feel like there is a set storyline they are assigned at the beginning of the series that they aren't allowed deviate from 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes, this really bothers me. She doesn't have as much experience as Layton or Nigel, but she still had way more than Annabel and Knobby, and that gave her advantages over them from Week 1. Why are they - or at least Vito and the producers - pretending otherwise? Knobby is a total novice but that barely gets mentioned. Do the producers want his image to only be "the poor motherless son", and so they gave Ellie the "novice" storyline because they couldn't think of anything else for her? I wonder if it's connected to how they weirdly focus on only Layton being from Bury and never Ellie.
Annabel took Ballet up until she was 14 that sounds a lot more extensive than Ellies experience of going to a drama school for 6th form/college.
There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding that she went somewhere like Sylvia Youngs but it appears that she went to an all girls high school.

I really hate this storyline thing they do now it's so contrived. Its odd how Ellie is billed as being from Manchester and Layton Bury. Yet Ellie lives in Bury and Layton in London.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is one of the best Charlestons that’s ever been done in the show 🤩
I ❤ Pasha! Love this one but my ultimate Charleston that hasn’t come close to being knocked off the top spot is Caroline and Pasha’s (just in case anyone wants a gander):

Layton and Nikita were sublime last night though, no doubt about it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think Ellie and Annabel's past experience evens out into being roughly the same.

Annabel's seemed to have been more extensive - as per this quote from her "I did a lot of ballet at quite an intense level from a young age – I loved it, did all the exams and wanted to become a ballerina. I had an amazing ballet teacher, and I can remember my time in her classes and being chosen to do demonstrations at the Royal Academy."

but Ellie's is much more recent, and she's 30-something years younger.

I wonder if it's connected to how they weirdly focus on only Layton being from Bury and never Ellie.
I find this so bizarre! I think it's because they've mentioned Bury SO much in Layton's VTs because 'lad from provisional Lancashire town makes it big in the west end' is his designated storyline, so Ellie can only be from the general Manchester area because then it would be Bury overkill

also, has any other smallish town produced more finalists? So far it's Layton, Ellie, Gemma and Georgia who are from there

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I ❤ Pasha! Love this one but my ultimate Charleston that hasn’t come close to being knocked off the top spot is Caroline and Pasha’s (just in case anyone wants a gander):

Layton's will definitely come way ahead of Caroline for me. Never took her dancing at all. Absolutely loved last nights Charleston. It was fabulous.

I agree, this an absolute corker too (and I love the bit where Pasha deftly kicks the fez out of the way)

• Heart
The narrative about Annabel not being an actor is being pushed aplenty.
Bobby, I am not sure if he is one either tbh 😁.
I wish for his sake, that Dianne would calm down a bit.

Reactions: 11
I find this so bizarre! I think it's because they've mentioned Bury SO much in Layton's VTs because 'lad from provisional Lancashire town makes it big in the west end' is his designated storyline, so Ellie can only be from the general Manchester area because then it would be Bury overkill

also, has any other smallish town produced more finalists? So far it's Layton, Ellie, Gemma and Georgia who are from there
Is it because she is Ellie from Corrie … which is more synonymous with Manchester than Bury.
---
If anyone wants to see a Musical Theatre Performer out dancing their pro

Also recipient of Best Charleston Ever from Craig (Who proceeded to give it a 9).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it because she is Ellie from Corrie … which is more synonymous with Manchester than Bury.
---

Also recipient of Best Charleston Ever from Craig (Who proceeded to give it a 9).
But of course all DVO ever did in her musical theatre career was 'sit on a chair', eh James? 🙄

---

Wow, that was effortless from her!!! I never knew she'd did this show!!

Which interview? If they are together I suspect they are doing their best to keep it quiet otherwise that's all anyone will focus on.

I would absolutely cackle and they would forever have my best wishes if Ellie was to win they went back to Fleurs place ( she now owns Joe's old place with The Stairs) and posed on the stairs with their Glitter balls with something like Got the Glitter Balls AND something even better. :ROFLMAO:
I’m sorry I can’t remember. I did think that I saw a look that Ellie gave him that went a bit further than the usual sibling rolling her eyes at him. It felt like genuine affection, which could be purely platonic, but I thought hmm maybe 🤔 I hope if there is something she has lots of fun. She’s so young and deserves some fun after having her heart broken.

Would that be James Jordan who has been online stoking the fires of hatred towards Layton by repeatedly stating that Layton should not be on there as it goes against what Strictly is supposed to be about. Prick.

just ctaching up now. I actually like the quickstep :D
---
i think I would have voted that
---
Nikita in his pjs looks hot as always

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.