Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure Juliet was there and said that Nigel just walked over to his family and friends who were next to the floor - no storming off. She was sat behind them, so saw it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m sure Juliet was there and said that Nigel just walked over to his family and friends who were next to the floor - no storming off. She was sat behind them, so saw it all.
I was there too. ( I will stop mentioning this I promise!) and there was no storming off. He’d been goofing about with other pros and celebs. He was shaken by the criticism certainly which seemed so unnecessarily harsh on a night when it was all aren’t we having a lovely time in Blackpool. Definitely no storming off or diva antics

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Nigel could be a massive diva for all I know, but that article reads like they've taken the short clip and embellished a nice little bit of fiction from it. He certainly seems a lot more private than a lot of Strictly contestants, but he's always come across as genuinely nice and friendly on camera (definitely no Danny John Jules vibes from him at any rate)

Reactions: 15
The tabloids genuinely are ridiculous. I remember they even tried to run a hit piece on Aljaz when he left, with a 'source' claiming everyone hated him and couldn't wait to see the back of him, when of course nearly every other pro - even Nikita and Jowita who were new and had only worked with him the one year - were posting long gushing messages about how he was the loveliest person and the most dedicated pro ever and it was such a privilege and an inspiration to have worked with him etc.

Sorry please dont hate me but that article basically saying Nigel was a problem backstage I very doubt that. Also the only time he visibly disappointed was quickstep that was himself. And that was cleared up but someone who was there.

However I do reckon some of the team are glad hes gone not because of him but because he was a threat to their chosen one winning.

I know he couldn't help getting injured and you could tell how he much he was hurting on Saturday and in the press pictures but everything sounds all bit convenient for me.

Reactions: 9
Dianne bigging herself up. Shame all of the pro men made it to the final without being able to lift their partner
Who needs enemies when you can have a friend and colleague like Dianne? We’ll never know but I’m pretty confident that if the shoe was on the other foot and it had been Bobby injured, Katya would never be so tactless as to brag like that especially when that achievement wasn’t earned on merit but rather misfortune.

Dianne could have said something about being sad Katya was out and how they’d been so excited to be the last two female pros left and how she’s going to go out there this week to do it for all the female pros but instead she showed no empathy and centred herself. It was the same with her lift comment. She could have bigged Bobby up by saying she felt as safe doing that lift with him as with any of the male pros - a blatant lie but a thing all the pros say - but instead she insulted the male professionals by saying she didn’t trust them. I’d be bringing that up in every pro dance from now on if I was Gorka.

I actually used to quite like Dianne in her first couple of seasons until the mess with Dev’s exit. She’s further proof that no good comes from someone becoming an influencer and the impact the Suggs have had on her doesn’t seem to be a positive one unfortunately.

Reactions: 28
Layton has lucked out with his dances next week that’s for sure, he’s also managed to swerve 2 ballrooms so I would say he’s both a shoe in for the final and top of the leaderboard

Ellie seems to have the worst draw as neither are big crowd pleasers, depending on the vibe, but I’m hoping they’ll surprise us

Bobby has 2 potential big crowd pleasers but I’m not convinced he’s going to pull either off that well

Annabelle VW will save her salsa but I presume she’ll still be bottom

Reactions: 13
Nigel could be a massive diva for all I know, but that article reads like they've taken the short clip and embellished a nice little bit of fiction from it. He certainly seems a lot more private than a lot of Strictly contestants, but he's always come across as genuinely nice and friendly on camera (definitely no Danny John Jules vibes from him at any rate)
I came across an article when I was googling him that said he sued one of the Celeb mags years ago because they published photos that could identify where he lived. Never going to be a favourite of the tabloids then!

Reactions: 20
If anyone wants a laugh I can highly recommend the Nigel and Katya appreciation thread on DS. Absolute bleeping madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Funny how so many people are moaning about Layton not having done a pure ballroom since week 6 and not having a ballroom in the final when Ellie's last pure ballroom was week 3 (maybe week 2 if you don't count the VW) and she's not doing a ballroom either.

• Wow
Genuinely shocked by the semi-final picks. They're the ones that most likely give Layton the best chance of getting to the final without another bottom two appearance, and I wasn't even tentatively hoping for them because it seemed so unlikely, and so obviously unfairly weighted against the women. I'd nearly believe in a conspiracy to push Bobby or Layton to win, but I suppose it's more likely that it's just an attempt to make Ellie's win seem a bit less obvious and therefore more exciting by levelling the playing field a bit. Ellie will be fine no matter what happens of course. Well, I really hope she doesn't have any kind of Molly & Carlos style CC disaster because a) that would be tit and b) if Bobby got ahead of her on the leaderboard it would mean Layton vs Bobby instead of Bobby vs Annabel.

If the leaderboard doesn't end up working out so that Layton avoids the bottom two, then what a waste to have made Ellie do a Cha Cha and Annabel do a Salsa when they'd have almost certainly produced better dances with any of the other choices they had left. Oh well, hopefully it will all be worth it and we get to see their joy at getting through without a dance-off.

Reactions: 2
Funny how so many people are moaning about Layton not having done a pure ballroom since week 6 and not having a ballroom in the final when Ellie's last pure ballroom was week 3 (maybe week 2 if you don't count the VW) and she's not doing a ballroom either.
Neither has Bobby since week 5 and Diane usually prefers Ballroom. The only one who's done a lot of Ballroom is Annabel.
With so many speciality dances now and the producers, who choose the dances and songs, clearly favouring Latin fewer and fewer Ballroom dances are becoming sadly the norm across the board.

The show doesn’t want Layton to win 😂 Imagine how much outrage there would be from the idiots on social media, the BBC would genuinely receive about 5000 complaints & have to investigate. The ringers are for entertainment, the bosses know they never win. Keeping Layton out of the bottom two is probably beneficial for all the remaining celebs as he would likely knock any of them out. That said, I’m still kinda expecting him to be to honest..

If anyone wants a laugh I can highly recommend the Nigel and Katya appreciation thread on DS. Absolute bleeping madness.
I like Nigel and it is sad that he had to leave, but some of them are taking jt a tad too seriously!

The only response to a hit piece like that really is to go off peoples opinions who have actually worked closely in a theatre company with him, or chatting to people who have had a relationship with him, or talked with guys who have worked theatre doors or been backstage crew on TV shows and I can honestly say over the years (and even recently here on tattle) I've nattered with all of the above.

What you see is what you get with him with the exception I would say that irl people usually say he's very funny and loves a bit of banter which I do think he's had to reign right back/hasn't always translated over on ITT and in the clauditorium other wise it's just people who know him (including ex girlfriends that I know) having fond, happy memories of being with him.

A lot in that piece we saw for ourselves on the night in Blackpool, if thats him at his worse or his most upset it's out there he owned it but we can make our own mind up without the fail trying to dredge up some crap .

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've always thought people here were too hard on Dianne but jesus bleeping christ! What an unbelievably insensitive thing to post barely a day after Nigel and Katya had to withdraw! Shut the duck up Dianne, you'd have definitely been in the bottom two and probably out last night if not for Nigel and Katya's misfortune.

Off the top of my head, I think Nadiya, Katya, Neil and Vito have the most competition wins. Kai, Lauren and Amy up there too, I think?
I didn't rate her hugely, since I started watching Strictly, but wasn't pushed about her one way or the other. She is probably my least favourite of the pros, now that I think about it.

I do remember her blaming height difference with Tyler for them not doing well. I don't remember any other pro saying stuff like that. Blaming the celebrity for something they can't help - like their height. And then she was partnered with Bobby 🤷‍♀️

I fast forwarded through most of their talky bits in the series so far. I actually find her quite grating to listen to. She really does centre herself not her pro. Bobby is now the one who is coming across as the more mature of the two of them.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.