Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really cannot call who is going this week

Layton could potentially have 3 40’s (including last weeks rolled over), his Charleston has 40 written all over it at least, rumba MAY be slightly harder technique wise.

Annabels VW will be a solid scorer and even her samba the judges seemed to like so her salsa may not be that low.

Bobbys both could go either way, they have showstopper written all over them but that’s only if he can pull them off which I’m not sure about, Annabel may beat him on the leaderboard with the help of her VW

Ellie I’ve just no idea, she should have done her couples choice weeks ago, I think she’ll be good at the cha cha but it’s a shame she’s skipped two ballrooms as I would actually say she’s stronger at ballroom

I also don’t see the point in doing couples choice in the semis and then a show dance in the final next week (presuming she gets there)
I would be amazed if Layton and Nikita are the first couple in 21 series to get a 40 for the rhumba. I would absolutely love it and laugh so hard, but I can’t see it.

Reactions: 14
I just love how Nigel has been apparently outed as difficult and described as things like 'a gay and diva' in the last 48hrs on top of Layton being called difficult, can't take direction and called out as a 'gay diva' for the whole of the series.

Nigel openly calling men handsome and liking musical theatre.
Layton's boyfriend needing to named and 'shamed' publicly.

Seriously these are the sticks being used to bash people and then shared around.

Those two gorgeous confident men can hold their heads high imo .

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Even if Ellie does end up in the dance off this week, I’m sure she will be through to the final (as long as it isn’t against Layton) still think she’s the front runner. Wasn’t Alesha in the semi finals dance off with Gethin when Matt forgot his dance routine and literally gave up and sat on the stairs? If anything Ellie being in the dance off and surviving might give her more of a chance of winning as everyone will be shocked etc.

Reactions: 4
That's got to be a spoof comment, surely?!! If not it's alarming 😳 it's one step short of "RIP ur wiv da angles now"
They’re the type of people who post in those local community Facebook pages that girls you went to school with who never left your hometown add you to against your will. Always getting worried because they saw an Asian person with a backpack or asking if school is on today (babe it’s Tuesday -yes it’s on).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's a real shame Ellie couldn't have something elegant and soft for contrast. I think people will vote for her regardless, but her two dances are just not exciting on paper.
Yeah I was holding out hope for the waltz tbh

Catching up on earlier, I'm 50/50 on whether or not Craig would go. I can see the appeal in making the 20th anniversary series his last and retiring at 60, it makes sense, but I think it's more because he seems a bit dissatisfied with where the show has went (rather like some of us). Perhaps a change of direction and a generous pay packet will keep him in the game?

He has annoyed me a little bit with not getting his 10 out for Layton when deserved, but I do think the show would struggle a lot without him. And NO to Gio.

I hope Shirley follows through on her yearly promise to quit and does it this time. It's painful to watch her now. They shouldn't be short of options.

Reactions: 11
Dianne begging for votes in Joe's vlog and she's hurt her neck ahh diddum's. 🤭
---
Oh and still harping on about the lift haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Aw, was listening to a podcast earlier, and the guest mentioned he'd written a play that, our first boot, Les Dennis had a role in a few years ago. He said Les was literally the nicest man he'd ever met in his entire life. Another guest agreed, he was indeed, the nicest man he'd ever met also.

I then came across these tweets Les made. What a top bloke 🥰

Screenshot_20231205_170150_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231205_170925_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Aw, was listening to a podcast earlier, and the guest mentioned he'd written a play that, our first boot, Les Dennis had a role in a few years ago. He said Les was literally the nicest man he'd ever met in his entire life. Another guest agreed, he was indeed, the nicest man he'd ever met also.

I then came across these tweets Les made. What a top bloke 🥰

View attachment 2611741

View attachment 2611744
I really love that! I wasn't sure if Les enjoyed his experience on Strictly, so it's lovely to see he's reaching out like this, publicly, to declare his support.

Reactions: 23
I just love how Nigel has been apparently outed as difficult and described as things like 'a gay and diva' in the last 48hrs on top of Layton being called difficult, can't take direction and called out as a 'gay diva' for the whole of the series.

Nigel openly calling men handsome and liking musical theatre.
Layton's boyfriend needing to named and 'shamed' publicly.

Seriously these are the sticks being used to bash people and then shared around.

Those two gorgeous confident men can hold their heads high imo .
People really making a mountain out of a molehill with Nigel’s comment, ignoring that he was

a) not being serious, and
b) tripping balls

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nice to see the love and support that Katya and Dianne share for each other. It was Katya last week who mentioned that they were the last 2 female pro's left in the comp in an instagram Q&A but it's Dianne who gets hated on for mentioning she's the last female pro left?? It's nice for Katya to mention that on her story today.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 17.41.18.png

I remember in 2018 after the whole kiss gate scandal Dianne and Joe would still talk fondly about Seann and Katya and Dianne talked about the necklace Katya got her in secret santa. They've always seemed to have a great friendship along with Amy.

I think Dianne's just trying to make her dad proud; I hope no one would have to go through seeing a parent ill when they are still young especially when they are on the other side of the planet. I think the message she posted on FB about the hate people were posting was in support of Layton. She would probably know first hand herself after the sinister threats she has gotten and police apparently being called to the studio. Hopefully none of those types of people walk among us; suggesting that Bobby hopefully dropped on Saturday night was bad enough.

Aw those posts by Les have made me feel a bit tearful, what a sweetheart.
You are a true star and that irritates some but exhilarates most. ♥😢

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ellie may benefit having a couples choice in the week where there are 2 dances to learn as at least she only really has to learn one technique, the other is a free for all where she just has to learn the moves in theory

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.