Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gaaah, that’s so disappointing. I was really looking forward to their dance 🙁

Reactions: 15
This year has been a bit of a tit show in general. Two withdrawals on top of the mess of scoring / dance offs have made for annoying viewing. Plus the singers this year seem worse than normal!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A 2 person final is risky.
What if one of them gets injured and can't dance in the final. What then.

Maybe they need to have either more couples competing or run the show for fewer weeks so they have more people in a final.

Reactions: 16

Maybe they need to have either more couples competing or run the show for fewer weeks so they have more people in a final.
I think the time they should have had a non elimination week was when Amanda left. Give them a bit more breathing space.

It's a shame as well because a joyful Charleston with all the backing dancers would have been a much needed real production of a number for the show.

Now we get;
Moody paso
Sentimental foxtrot
Predictable Dirty Dancing salsa
Twee Disney trotting quickstep

I wracked my brains for the longest time trying to remember Ellie. 😳

We were talking last week about the joy Strictly can bring us when we need it most and Nigel and Katya absolutely were that for me. I know it’s silly but their partnership has been something that’s made me smile during a difficult time and their Charleston was going to be a much needed bright spot on a sad weekend.

I’m sad that we don’t get to see it (or the sizzling AT they would have delivered next week), I’m sad my favourite pairing have had such an abrupt ending to their time together and I’m sad this all means no more Nigel and Katya.
Exactly this. They brought joy at a time I needed it and this is gutting. My weekend suddenly got a little sadder.

• Heart

I couldn't deal with more couples competing, those first few weeks would be torture. I would say a shorter run with maybe a couple of double eliminations. The final is a bit of a marathon with four people so I don't think more people need to be added but a shorter run means less chance of injury.

Reactions: 13
We were talking last week about the joy Strictly can bring us when we need it most and Nigel and Katya absolutely were that for me. I know it’s silly but their partnership has been something that’s made me smile during a difficult time and their Charleston was going to be a much needed bright spot on a sad weekend.

I’m sad that we don’t get to see it (or the sizzling AT they would have delivered next week), I’m sad my favourite pairing have had such an abrupt ending to their time together and I’m sad this all means no more Nigel and Katya.
Oh god, I forgot about their possible AT 😢😢😢

Not to be overly dramatic and sulky, but I might just watch Nigel's paso and rumba on repeat tonight instead of sitting through the mediocrity of Annabel and Bobby

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t believe it, genuinely devastated for both of them that it’s ended like this. I see all the Bobby fans are scrambling saying there should be no elimination because they know he’s next to go now that there’s no Nigel, I wonder if they will still go ahead with the elimination.

Reactions: 20
BBC are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Options would seem to be:

Cancel the elimination, but then what do they do about the results show? Presumably they've had a guest act there today filming.

Roll votes over. Ditto results show.

Let it go ahead and take a risk on a two person final. Could work but let's hope someone else doesn't fall I'll/get injured.

reduce series by one week. Am sure that screws the scheduling.

anything else?

Reactions: 11
In future they should cut it by a week but keep the same amount of celebs and plan for a double elimination week either in the quarter finals or the semis. That way if one drops out there’s still a four person final because they can just swerve off the double elimination, and if god forbid they lose 2 like this year there’s still a 3 person final

A double elimination week would add a nice bit of a drama to proceedings too

They could do an automatic exit for whoever is bottom and then the next 2 in the dance off or a 3 person dance off and the judges vote who they want to save

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.