Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Mail comments section on the story of Nigel leaving is vile. General consensus being that he got too close to Katya/got caught in the act with Katya and his wife has made him withdraw from the competition :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
As others have said, I think it will be a two person final. It’s too complex to do anything else for me. I think they’ll draft in some pros to dance some of their show stuff such as Kai and Nadiya. They’re bound to be able to trot that out pretty quickly.

Reactions: 8
Could they bring back Angela S for next week's show? Is that even do-able? Just thinking out loud.
They bring back the previously eliminated couple on the German version. But unfortunately I don't think there's any chance they'd do that now when they didn't with Rhys after AJ's injury. It happened on the Monday, so he would have only lost one day of training, and we know they'd already started some preliminary work on their showdance. If they didn't allow it then, they're never going to allow it now. I really wish they would though, this situation is tit. ☹

Reactions: 6
Imagine at the end of tonight's show Tess says, "well that's all our couples dances for tonight.... or is it?.........Welcome back....... ANGELA AND CARLOS who are now back in the competition 😲😲😲👏👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I noticed Nigel looked quite tired on ITT on Friday. That’s sucks but I hope he gets better hopefully katya and Nigel are both emotionally ok too

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I bet Angela Rippon is rushing down to television centre to offer herself up to rejoin.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
BBC are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Options would seem to be:

Cancel the elimination, but then what do they do about the results show? Presumably they've had a guest act there today filming.

Roll votes over. Ditto results show.

Let it go ahead and take a risk on a two person final. Could work but let's hope someone else doesn't fall I'll/get injured.

reduce series by one week. Am sure that screws the scheduling.

anything else?
AJ could do her show dance 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
12 withdrawals in the show's history and SEVEN of them have taken place in the last 5 years since Sarah James joined as EP. Yikes.
Honestly I think they are asking too much of the celebs. Lifts starting so early, training a stupid amount of hours a day, harder and flashier routines and then fitting in all the interviews and promo work. Some of them go from zero to working like an athlete in the space of 2 weeks. It’s no wonder they pick up niggles and injuries with no time to recover.

Reactions: 21
Imagine at the end of tonight's show Tess says, "well that's all our couples dances for tonight.... or is it?.........Welcome back....... ANGELA AND CARLOS who are now back in the competition 😲😲😲👏👏👏
Nah, I think that'd be shite, tbh.

Reactions: 2
BBC now refusing to say what will happen until the show starts.

I wonder if instead of having the judges pick which of the bottom 2 they save, they'll pick whether they want to save only one or both. That would mean the "you're both saved" won't seem like a cheap gimmick coming out of nowhere like the DwtS one, while still retaining a modicum of suspense (even though we'll all expect the judges would put both through)

Reactions: 2
Honestly I think they are asking too much of the celebs. Lifts starting so early, training a stupid amount of hours a day, harder and flashier routines and then fitting in all the interviews and promo work. Some of them go from zero to working like an athlete in the space of 2 weeks. It’s no wonder they pick up niggles and injuries with no time to recover.
Yeah, I'm not surprised most withdrawals are in recent years. Strictly used to be something they fit in alongside their day job, now they're taking leave from their work for 3 months to train 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Crazy 🤪

Reactions: 8
12 withdrawals in the show's history and SEVEN of them have taken place in the last 5 years since Sarah James joined as EP. Yikes.
Is it me (have watched since the beginning of time lol) but if they are pushing them harder/doing longer hours etc I dont actually think they are as good as they used to be or in years gone by? The judging is harsher and more inconsistant but I am completely underwhelmed overall this year by most of the dances. Angelas Argentine Tango is a stand out but thats it?

Reactions: 10
Yeah, I'm not surprised most withdrawals are in recent years. Strictly used to be something they fit in alongside their day job, now they're taking leave from their work for 3 months to train 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Crazy 🤪
And the stupid thing is that training umpteen hours doesn’t necessarily make it better. It can actually make it worse. (Louisa Lytton got a 10 for her second dance for a jive with about 9 hours training). When celebs are ringing their pro up in the middle of the night panic stricken, it needs looking at and they shouldn't feel, or be made to feel, like slackers if they train single digit hours.

Reactions: 15
Just had a peep at DS. Man it’s a batshit world over there. Either he’s quit to go out with dignity or it’s all a huge conspiracy. Oh and the natural usurper of his votes will be Bobby??!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.