Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
While I do think people are free to love anyone they want to in the competition I can't understand why Layton should be disqualified it makes no sense he hasn't done any illegal lifts etc
Probably because he dances 24/7 in musicals. He's presently starring in all the musicals on the West End, and always has done - taking on all the main, supporting and chorus roles, as well as choreographing, doing the lights, opening the curtains, and selling the programmes.

Interesting fact; musicals were invented by Layton in 1892.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Bol85

VIP Member
The thing that really grinds my gears is none of this is Laytons fault. The BBC invited him to do Strictly. He said in an interview he’s never been asked before & was quite surprised to be. If you have a problem with him being on the show, send your vitriol to bosses at Strictly. Cos let’s face it, how many of us would turn down a decent pay check & a chance to boost our careers/profile. Not many of us I imagine. He was invited therefore he has just as much right to be there as anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Boogs

VIP Member
I joined Juliet’s Strictly spoiler group and somebody put up a post criticising Layton and made reference to his sexuality. Juliet shut it right down and told the poster she had to edit and apologise and when she wouldn’t she banned her from the group. I wish there was more of this on social media.

I know that not everyone is going to like everyone but do people have to be so nasty and personal about it? I know there was a post the other day talking about how amazing Nikita is for inclusivity and what a great role model he was for young men. I think we could all do with being a bit more Nikita (although I would never get anything done if I was surrounded by Nikita’s 🥵).

Nasty fuckers before you post think WWND and then go and be kind, affectionate and have fun with someone instead of throwing out your miserable bile at people who are different to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

jfletcher

VIP Member
I adored Katya's reaction.
I always feel she wants her partner to do well, and she sure as hell has had more than her share of not so good ones.

What she achieved with Tony Adams last year will never cease to amaze me. If you look back at his first dance where he looked downright petrified and extremely uncomfortable to how he performed as the show went on, it's a great testament to her. It's obvious of course that he threw himself heart and soul into it too, and worked really hard.

She is probably my favourite female pro, and she is stunning, into the bargain. 😁
For me, the mark of a great pro isn't how well they handle having a contender but how well they deal with a celeb who's not got any chance of making the final. Katya handles those years brilliantly and she put as much as enthusiasm and hard work into Tony and Mike and Ed's journeys as she did Joe and now Nigel.

The judges don't always recognise it because of the comedy in her routines but her she makes sure even the likes of Tony are doing dances packed with content. She said once, I think when Tony was eliminated, about how she'd done her job if in years to come he would be at a wedding and feel he could get up and dance. And I thought that was just lovely. You always feel that Katya gets the very best out of her partners irrelevant of their dance talent - and you can see how much Ed, Mike and Tony adore her still. Her lasting friendship with Ed is one of my favourite things to come out of Strictly.

There aren't many professionals on the show IMO who can put so much effort into a partnership irrespective of whether they've got a contender or no hoper. There's a reason that the only times Katya has been out before week eight were the year she got covid and the mess in 2018.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I really hope Nigel and Layton were listening to what Angela said on ITT tonight :-

'some people have just a smooth journey and some have had the ups and downs but those journeys are Better because it means you've been feeling things more deeply whether that's feeling down or on high you can say you felt it all throughout'

Well said Angela and Carlos, you will be missed 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 39

louseylou

VIP Member
The audacity of the Facebook beryls to be complaining about Angela going out when they're probably the same people voting for fucking Bobby and Annabel. You reap what you sow!
---

Dianne never cheated on her husband with someone else's partner as far as I'm aware
I really don't like that people are still using this as a stick to beat Katya with. It's been 5 years. Besides, no one knows what goes on inside someone else's marriage/ relationship and from what came out at the time Seann was actually the worse of the two. If Neil and Katya are able to remain on good terms then I don't see why people feel the need to continuously bring it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Probably because he dances 24/7 a day performing in musicals. He's presently starring in all the musicals on the West End, and always has done - taking on all the main, supporting and chorus roles, as well as choreographing, doing the lights, opening the curtains, and selling the programmes.

Interesting fact, musicals were invented by Layton in 1892.
Layton will be dancing all the dances in musicals week as both a pro and a celebrity, then as a musicals expert he is going to judge himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I'm sure someone will be along to say why are we sympathetic to Katya's reaction and slating Dianne’s but I've got nothing except for the fact that Katya isn't a bit of a bellend with shit hair.
I adored Katya's reaction.
I always feel she wants her partner to do well, and she sure as hell has had more than her share of not so good ones.

What she achieved with Tony Adams last year will never cease to amaze me. If you look back at his first dance where he looked downright petrified and extremely uncomfortable to how he performed as the show went on, it's a great testament to her. It's obvious of course that he threw himself heart and soul into it too, and worked really hard.

She is probably my favourite female pro, and she is stunning, into the bargain. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Boogs

VIP Member
I wonder why white, heterosexual, middle class Nigel gets a free pass and black, gay, working class Layton should be disqualified? It’s a real mystery 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Boogs

VIP Member
We have been complaining on here about how intrusive the press are with their zoom lenses trying to find evidence of a strictly curse.

They had been at the pub so assuming they’d had a few drinks. I know I’ve certainly had ill advised drunken kisses, the difference is that the press don’t give a shit about who I’m kissing so my drunken indiscretions were not broadcast to the country.

It was 5 years ago, her ex has remained good friends with her and it’s none of our business really is it?

I like Katya as she is a brilliant choreographer who always ensures her partner has fun. Who she kisses has nothing to do with me.

ETA - unless it’s Nikita. Then I would like to form a throuple.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

bluecups

VIP Member
The Daily Mail comments section on the story of Nigel leaving is vile. General consensus being that he got too close to Katya/got caught in the act with Katya and his wife has made him withdraw from the competition :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'm sure someone will be along to say why are we sympathetic to Katya's reaction and slating Dianne’s but I've got nothing except for the fact that Katya isn't a bit of a bellend with shit hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

jfletcher

VIP Member
We were talking last week about the joy Strictly can bring us when we need it most and Nigel and Katya absolutely were that for me. I know it’s silly but their partnership has been something that’s made me smile during a difficult time and their Charleston was going to be a much needed bright spot on a sad weekend.

I’m sad that we don’t get to see it (or the sizzling AT they would have delivered next week), I’m sad my favourite pairing have had such an abrupt ending to their time together and I’m sad this all means no more Nigel and Katya.

• Heart

jfletcher

VIP Member
Dianne never cheated on her husband with someone else's partner as far as I'm aware
Katya doing that - five years ago - is none of my business and doesn’t irritate me. Dianne’s personality does irritate me and I have to endure her shrieking and her average choreography every week.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
You know how the BBC force everyone on Strictly to wear a poppy? Maybe they should have a word with Vicky Giggles and ensure that she embroiders a scarlet ‘A’ onto all of Katya’s costumes in the future, just in case anyone is careless enough to not have it uppermost in their mind at all times.
That's not enough. She needs to wear a sandwich board that says "I'M A CHEATING WITCH" and Neil needs to wear one that says "KATYA CHEATED ON ME".

The judges should always refer to kissgate in their criticism:

"Well, Nigel, you danced that absolutely beautifully but Katya is a cheating witch so we're going to have to deduct points for past adultery."

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
Most of what I remember is fuelled by indignation. I'd managed to forget Amanda was in this series.
Amanda will only really have served a purpose if she's on the front page of the tabloids the day after the final with the headline MY FANNY RAT ORDEAL

• Haha
Reactions: 34