Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it must be a bad injury. I can't really see the producers caring about fairness and rules that aren't exactly engraved in stone. They are going to hate having either a two person final or a no elimination week, and if they could avoid that choice by finding a way to give Nigel a bye, they would.

Reactions: 18
I’ve just come on to moan really😔gutted about Nigel- have filed this disaster right next to my “Austin woz robbed” one (😝)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If it turns out Gio has cost us seeing a Nikita/Layton rumba... 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 5
bleeping hell, that was unexpected. I really hope he is ok, they must both be gutted. I was convinced that this was going to be his breakthrough dance.

How on earth are the BBC going to properly handle this now? 🤔

Reactions: 21
5 hours ago Katya posted a BTS on her insta story so he must have literally done it today in a final rehearsal. God that is so rubbish for him

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I'm so sad. I don't even wanna watch tonight now 😭😭
I'm not watching, I literally only watched this year because I'm a Nigel fan and I bloody hate the programme 🤣🙈.

It has been a brilliant distraction watching him during a particularly tough time for me so I'm grateful for the time we got to see him dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bobby's hips are a bit of a myth - they move, but they don't necessarily move right. The bizarre hip cam on ITT showed that they were going side to side and not the appropriate figure of eight rotation.
As immortalised by Eric Morecambe “.. he’s playing all the notes but not necessarily in the right order”🤫

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can't be an elimination this week. Maybe points from this week carry over to next?

Reactions: 4
I hate to sound like an AJ and Kai stan but I’d be all for Nigel getting to do his Charleston in the final if he’s recovered by then, not least because if it is a 2 person final it will need a hell of filler

Why are the BBC so drastically against a no elimination week? It’s what makes the most sense, do they make that much money from the votes they can’t face not having them? Surely the majority of people just use their 3 free online votes anyway, I haven’t rung up to vote for years.

Am absolutely gutted about Nigel 😢. And what a tit way for him to end his Strictly experience. I think they don't allow byes after the QF?

Also does this means the dreaded two person final now
They might not want to risk a two person final, season of flu and Covid only needs one of them to go down with something or another injury and it’s over.

Reactions: 8
I hate to sound like an AJ and Kai stan but I’d be all for Nigel getting to do his Charleston in the final if he’s recovered by then, not least because if it is a 2 person final it will need a hell of filler

Why are the BBC so drastically against a no elimination week? It’s what makes the most sense, do they make that much money from the votes they can’t face not having them? Surely the majority of people just use their 3 free online votes anyway, I haven’t rung up to vote for years.
I noticed aj was one of the first to comment on the bbcstrictly post, bless her.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Parking the elimination for now, what on earth are they going to pad Nigel's slot on tonight's show out with?

BBC are saying it’s unclear if there will be an elimination this week.
To be fair to them, it is a bit early for them to have made a decision … there will be all sorts of logistics to sort out first.

Poor Katya … is this the third time she’s lost a partner to withdrawal rather than elimination? … Nicola with Covid, Tony passed on the dance off and now Nigel.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
We were talking last week about the joy Strictly can bring us when we need it most and Nigel and Katya absolutely were that for me. I know it’s silly but their partnership has been something that’s made me smile during a difficult time and their Charleston was going to be a much needed bright spot on a sad weekend.

I’m sad that we don’t get to see it (or the sizzling AT they would have delivered next week), I’m sad my favourite pairing have had such an abrupt ending to their time together and I’m sad this all means no more Nigel and Katya.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.