Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t mustered up the courage to tell Mother Lilu that “sexy Nige” is out… she’s going to riot!🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
BBC are caught between a rock and a hard pla.

Optiins would seem to be:

Cancel the elimination, but then what do they do about the results show? Presumably they've had a guest act there today filming.

Roll votes over. Ditto results show.

Let it go ahead and take a risk on a two person final. Could work but let's hope someone else doesn't fall I'll/get injured.

anything else?
Yeh let's have an elimination.
Then rope in some people other than Gilkison to do some group numbers to fill out the gap in the final.
And call in some favours - get in another guest singer or band.
Cher is in the UK promoting her Christmas album.
Get her on to do one of the songs off it or mime to Fernando or something.

Unless shes already the guest act for tomorrow.
But so what let's have her on both weeks. She's a legend.

Reactions: 8
If there's an elimination (the results show is still scheduled in the iplayer tv guide), I don't see it being Knobby. The sob story CCs normally only pull in votes for that week but this season I think they are winning the celebs fans, and so the effect will cascade over to this week, like it was also long-lasting for Annabel. Doing Dirty Dancing will also be a crowd pleaser, despite how cliched it is. Annabel is also now astonishingly popular compared to her pre CC levels, and she's doing a sweet dance that is very much her brand now.

I think it's Layton/Nikita who need to worry. Think they will be in the bottom 2, and this music sounds like it will be very difficult to choreograph a routine to that will please all the judges.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
They should keep the results show, with a surprise at the end that they will all go through to the semis.

• Haha
They should keep the results show, with a surprise at the end that they will all go through to the semis.
Bit psychologically cruel on the couples in the bottom 2...but I can see them doing that!

Reactions: 1
12 withdrawals in the show's history and SEVEN of them have taken place in the last 5 years since Sarah James joined as EP. Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Sad to hear about Nigel and Katya 😢 I think BBC will do whatever is less faff, which unfortunately would be a 2 person final. It will be a headache cancelling this week's results show with all the work that's gone into the group dance, outfits and guest singer, finding something else to put in the schedule. But I guess they could still do a Sunday show, and just fill the time which would have been the dance-off with an interview with Nigel and Katya and extended chat with the semi finalists about what they're dancing to next week. I'd prefer that to having an elimination this week, hope that's what they go for 🙏

Reactions: 14
If there's an elimination (the results show is still scheduled in the iplayer tv guide), I don't see it being Knobby. The sob story CCs normally only pull in votes for that week but this season I think they are winning the celebs fans, and so the effect will cascade over to this week, like it was also long-lasting for Annabel. Doing Dirty Dancing will also be a crowd pleaser, despite how cliched it is. Annabel is also now astonishingly popular compared to her pre CC levels, and she's doing a sweet dance that is very much her brand now.

I think it's Layton/Nikita who need to worry. Think they will be in the bottom 2, and this music sounds like it will be very difficult to choreograph a routine to that will please all the judges.
See, if there is an elimination the only person I can see leaving is Bobby. I have a feeling it would be Bobby and Layton in the dance off and unless the judges have genuinely lost their mind there's only one person who wins that dance off. Annabel is just behind Ellie with the bookies and Bobby and Layton have already been in the dance off.

Reactions: 5
It will only be a two couple final if somebody else withdraws so I think they may well take the risk at this stage.

Yeh let's have an elimination.
Then rope in some people other than Gilkison to do some group numbers to fill out the gap in the final.
And call in some favours - get in another guest singer or band.
Cher is in the UK promoting her Christmas album.
Get her on to do one of the songs off it or mime to Fernando or something.

Unless shes already the guest act for tomorrow.
But so what let's have her on both weeks. She's a legend.
I suppose the main problem is they are working with 3 hours notice.
The could easily truncate the results show … have Everything as normal … pro dance, guest slot, Judges bit and chat with celebs and Claudia. I would imagine their main head scratcher is elimination or not.

Reactions: 9
12 withdrawals in the show's history and SEVEN of them have taken place in the last 5 years since Sarah James joined as EP. Yikes.
I was just about to mention that it feels like there has been a lot of people dropping out for various reasons over the past few years, obviously mostly due to injury.

Like is that just coincidence or are the celebs being worked too hard? Too many long hours, complex routines, pressure from their pros etc

Reactions: 14
They did that on this weeks DWTS semi final 🤣

That's so mean 😂

I'm a VPR fan so I keep up with Ariana on social media and one thing I've noticed is the couples only seem to train for a few hours a day. She has mentioned 4 hours whereas over here they do like 10 hours a day. I wonder if there should be a limit on how many hours a day they can train over here so as to try limit the amount of injuries?

Reactions: 7
It will only be a two couple final if somebody else withdraws so I think they may well take the risk at this stage.
Aren't we Week 11 now? There are four couples left now after Nigel's withdrawal, and there's still tonight's show (Wk 11) and next week's semifinal (Wk 12) before the final (Wk 13). So unless they cancel either this week's elimination or next week's elimination, I think it will be a two couple final.

Reactions: 9
That's so mean 😂

I'm a VPR fan so I keep up with Ariana on social media and one thing I've noticed is the couples only seem to train for a few hours a day. She has mentioned 4 hours whereas over here they do like 10 hours a day. I wonder if there should be a limit on how many hours a day they can train over here so as to try limit the amount of injuries?
Yeah they rehearse a lot less than they do on strictly, Ariana even more so as she has multiple injuries.

Reactions: 2
Could they bring back Angela S for next week's show? Is that even do-able? Just thinking out loud.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I said this 2 years ago, and unfortunately it seems I was right, that they're pushing the celebs too hard, trying to top last year every time. There's only so far you can push something before it breaks. They really ought to tone it down, just a little. They don't have to dial all the way down to the level of DWTS. I've noticed the celebs there only train 3-4 hours a day, and well, most of the dances are tit. 😂 But there should be some middle ground between that and rehearsing 10-12 hours a day and ending up with multiple withdrawals because people have been injured or put under so much mental stress they can't continue.

I wonder if this would have happened if the judges hadn't been marking him so harshly? If he'd already had a few 10s, maybe he wouldn't have worked so hard it led to this. Of course, we don't know what happened yet and maybe pressure to get 10s this week had nothing to do with it, but I have to wonder.

Reactions: 18
Aren't we Week 11 now? There are four couples left now after Nigel's withdrawal, and there's still tonight's show (Wk 11) and next week's semifinal (Wk 12) before the final (Wk 13). So unless they cancel either this week's elimination or next week's elimination, I think it will be a two couple final.
My bad, I am dyscalculic. 😁

• Heart
I would like them not to do an elimination and carry over the scores/votes to next week like they do in week one/two. Then maybe ‘Sundays’ show they could do some extended interviews with Claud.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.