Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kelly Holmes? Not sure she screams winner

From personal experience Kelly Holmes is absolutely vile. I was once working for a client who were paying her an astronomical amount of money for her endorsement in a campaign. After cancelling 3 shoots at very short notice when she finally rocked up she did nothing but whinge and complain about absolutely everything from the brand as a whole, the photographer even the coffee which was available on the shoot. In the end the company were so fed up of her they shelved the campaign and it never saw the light of day![/QUOTE]

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Not LGBT but I would love to see Bake Off Nadiya on Strictly, she is always joyous and would have a "journey"
---

You are my spirit animal
I adore Bake Off Nadiya. She's said she's been asked and she wouldn't do Strictly as she'd be too nervous, sadly. It's a shame as she'd give epic reaction faces.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jill Scott would be fab but I recon she’d be an awful dancer 😂 she’s so long limbed!

Reactions: 10
I love this ongoing joke about Nikika's massive head

(Mind in the gutter I bet he does as well 👀)

Aww it won't play but go to Layton's insta stories about being on the one show

Reactions: 2
please forgive me if I'm being too stereotypical, being the old, horny hag that I am

but I do think strictly, being so incredibly camp all round, lends itself to being more generous towards 2 lads than 2 lasses

nicola was tit
jayde was tit
richie was hard done by
john was great (but insane)
layton is phenomenal

also, for all the talk of lionesses 😬 sports people don't tend to be very good

very hopefully, the long awaited steph mcgovern won't be too busy or too pregnant for next year. I'm thinking luba

Reactions: 6
I love this ongoing joke about Nikika's massive head

(Mind in the gutter I bet he does as well 👀)

Aww it won't play but go to Layton's insta stories about being on the one show
I too am afflicted with an unfeasibly large head and lots of hair. Nikita and I should form a support group.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So apparently, from what I've gleaned from various places, Nikita wasn't really on Layton's radar at ALL from the initial 'introductory group dances' back at the beginning, and he wanted Graziano. Graziano also wanted Layton and lobbied pretty hard to get him. I love Graz, but I am SO glad that TPTB saw the chemistry between Layton and Nikita and put them together. It would have been a VERY different show if it had been Layton/Graziano and Zara/Nikita.

(This also explains the teasing by Nikita when Layton gets asked in the Grazia interview what other pro he would have liked to dance with, and Nikita goes "HI GRAZIANO!!!" then Layton says something like "but you were a nice surprise".)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
So apparently, from what I've gleaned from various places, Nikita wasn't really on Layton's radar at ALL from the initial 'introductory group dances' back at the beginning, and he wanted Graziano. Graziano also wanted Layton and lobbied pretty hard to get him. I love Graz, but I am SO glad that TPTB saw the chemistry between Layton and Nikita and put them together. It would have been a VERY different show if it had been Layton/Graziano and Zara/Nikita.

(This also explains the teasing by Nikita when Layton gets asked in the Grazia interview what other pro he would have liked to dance with, and Nikita goes "HI GRAZIANO!!!" then Layton says something like "but you were a nice surprise".)

At least TPTB get it right occasionally 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know!! I'm shook just imagining all the beautiful things we were so close to missing out on!!! 😲

Reactions: 6
It’s interesting that that’s twice that Graziano has been the almost was for the same-sex partnership. Johannes initially said no to the idea of being paired with John so it was Graziano he was going to be with and now it could have been Layton and Graziano.

I like Graziano but I don’t think he is anywhere near as strong a choreographer as Nikita and I could easily imagine his routines would have become overpowered with Layton’s existing dance skills rather than the way Nikita has managed to strike the right balance.

Also imagine Strictly without their friendship? I’d be shocked if they didn’t stay good friends after this.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.