Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Graziano would have done a better job with the choreography than Nikita?? Feel like he over eggs the pudding a bit.
More eggs, I say!!

Nikita's choreography is always something new and exciting and it's wonderful this year that he has someone that can handle the stuff that he wants to try out.

I ADORE Graz but his choreography isn't his strong point and I agree that Layton probably would have felt somewhat restricted by it and there's a good chance that, in boredom, he would have had trouble sticking to it and would have been itching to add some 'Laytonisms' in there. I think in the end it would have been detrimental to them both.

Nikita seems good at giving him a lot to do but he's also teaching him to 'reign in' a bit of that wild, unrestrained energy that he had at the very beginning. Week one Layton COULD NEVER have done the AT the way they did it.

Reactions: 12
I think Nikita is a better dancer and maybe even teacher than Graz.
Graz is lovely, but I think he’s better with the more nervy, who need oodles of reassurance … he seems to be able to calm them and bolster them at the same time.

Reactions: 13
Graz was great with Zara and Kym the year before. He is similar to Vito in that he seems to aim to give them a great experience and build their confidence.

Reactions: 18
I think Nikita is a better dancer and maybe even teacher than Graz.
Graz is lovely, but I think he’s better with the more nervy, who need oodles of reassurance … he seems to be able to calm them and bolster them at the same time.
Yeah, I think of Graziano as an emotional support animal 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I bet Graz would have been lovely with Richie though. Basically anyone but Giofanny, even Dave Arch pulled on to the dancefloor would have done a better job.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think TPTB saw this dance and knew if they wanted to bring it up a notch with a same sex partnership then Nikita was their man.

I think Nikita is pretty fearless (can you imagine any of the other professionals grinding up against Layton on a pole?) and has a high degree of emotional intelligence which means he is able to get the most out of his partners.

This was my first year watching Nikita but looking back he seems to have been given 3 very different partners and choreographed well to their strengths at the same time as teaching them new skills. I know I may be slightly biased, as I think he is amazing, but I can’t imagine many of the professionals would have been able to work as creatively as he did with Ellie to accommodate their significant height difference (yes I’m looking at you Dianne).

I think lots of the other professionals would have struggled to contain Laytons sometimes frenetic energy. It’s clear that they have a genuine authentic connection and I think Nikita is able to recognise and soothe Laytons nerves and when his confidence is shaky. I think otherwise Layton might try to hide behind bravado which would mean even more people would accuse him of being cocky when I think nothing could be further from the truth.

There are probably other professionals who could have worked well with Layton but I seriously doubt anyone else would have the off the scale chemistry that these guys have together.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Graz was great with Zara and Kym the year before. He is similar to Vito in that he seems to aim to give them a great experience and build their confidence.
Yes, I think Graz is a sweetheart.

I loved his partnership with Kym last year. I think she came in genuinely expecting to exit early doors. They produced some really lovely performances.

Reactions: 15
Even though they seem to have moved away from the matching outfits I love that they had matching soles last night.
1700732084802.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think TPTB saw this dance and knew if they wanted to bring it up a notch with a same sex partnership then Nikita was their man.

I think Nikita is pretty fearless (can you imagine any of the other professionals grinding up against Layton on a pole?) and has a high degree of emotional intelligence which means he is able to get the most out of his partners.

This was my first year watching Nikita but looking back he seems to have been given 3 very different partners and choreographed well to their strengths at the same time as teaching them new skills. I know I may be slightly biased, as I think he is amazing, but I can’t imagine many of the professionals would have been able to work as creatively as he did with Ellie to accommodate their significant height difference (yes I’m looking at you Dianne).

I think lots of the other professionals would have struggled to contain Laytons sometimes frenetic energy. It’s clear that they have a genuine authentic connection and I think Nikita is able to recognise and soothe Laytons nerves and when his confidence is shaky. I think otherwise Layton might try to hide behind bravado which would mean even more people would accuse him of being cocky when I think nothing could be further from the truth.

There are probably other professionals who could have worked well with Layton but I seriously doubt anyone else would have the off the scale chemistry that these guys have together.
The audacity of Dianne to make the height difference excuse when Nikita and Ellie were right there :ROFLMAO:

And absolutely this - Nikita has been the perfect partner for Layton in every way.

I think the comment about his choreo is valid though. It has been a lot and not always as technique driven as it could be, but they've said it's all pared back this week with no tricks so it's a great sign he's receptive to feedback.

Reactions: 13
Kai would have been a lot better I think
I agree. I kinda wonder if Giovanni just couldn't be bothered trying. Which is a shame for Richie.
They produced a nice performance the week before and then that performance that saw them out.

If the partnerships had been the other way around, Gio with Kaye, they would most likely be gone the first week of eliminations, if that's what he wanted. 😁

Reactions: 6
I also think because L&N have formed a genuine friendship, I don’t think Nikita is afraid to be really honest with Layton about how he’s dancing knowing Layton won’t take it personally or be grumpy about it! Which has probably been key in really refining how Layton dances.

Reactions: 11
It’s interesting that that’s twice that Graziano has been the almost was for the same-sex partnership. Johannes initially said no to the idea of being paired with John so it was Graziano he was going to be with and now it could have been Layton and Graziano.

I like Graziano but I don’t think he is anywhere near as strong a choreographer as Nikita and I could easily imagine his routines would have become overpowered with Layton’s existing dance skills rather than the way Nikita has managed to strike the right balance.

Also imagine Strictly without their friendship? I’d be shocked if they didn’t stay good friends after this.
Graz did great with Kym but feel he does fall behind generally as a choreographer. Nothing very memorable. And got a lot of stick for his choreography with Vick Hope, getting benched the following year. I feel Carlos and Vito are probably higher up the pecking order for the next male/ male partnership.

I do think that like Nikita he wouldn't have been afraid to be romantic/ sexy with a same sex partnership. He and Jojo are great friends and lovely when they dance together. No matter what all the people who wrote in to complain about that think.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.