Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the moment - Nikita, Vito and Carlos are the top 3 male pros for me. Will be interesting to see if they get a ‘duffer’ next year how they do.

Reactions: 13
couldn’t be arsed I think. Looked really uncomfortable with the whole concept. Poor Richie.
Gio is in this for him and him alone. If he gets paired with someone who he doesn’t think will get far I would imagine he checks out immediately. I’d love to know what happened between him and Amanda. She was one of the stronger dancers and even though everyone thinks they clashed they were very flirtatious in their VT’s. I’m convinced it was something to do with her partner.

Reactions: 9
He very obviously did not like Ritchie. It’s hard to say whether it was the same sex thing or more just that he didn’t like him. But it came across really badly either way. He acted like he didn’t like, like he couldn’t be bothered, like it was beneath him. When they got knocked out, he’s the only partner G didn’t bother to write any kind of goodbye post too on social media which I’m pretty sure is contracted as they all do it..! Or if not, it screamed how much he didn’t like him!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
He very obviously did not like Ritchie. It’s hard to say whether it was the same sex thing or more just that he didn’t like him. But it came across really badly either way. He acted like he didn’t like, like he couldn’t be bothered, like it was beneath him. When they got knocked out, he’s the only partner G didn’t bother to write any kind of goodbye post too on social media which I’m pretty sure is contracted as they all do it..! Or if not, it screamed how much he didn’t like him!
What an hole. Poor Richie must have felt like tit. Even if you don’t like someone you work with you act professionally and fairly.

At the moment - Nikita, Vito and Carlos are the top 3 male pros for me. Will be interesting to see if they get a ‘duffer’ next year how they do.
They are my favourites too. I would like to think that they would still throw all they have at it and make sure that the celebrities have a positive experience as they all seem to be genuinely nice guys.

I think strictly must be seriously knackering with all the hours they have to put in. Carlos and Vito both made the final in their first year didn’t they? Both potentially going all the way this year too. A duffer might be a nice rest.

Reactions: 6
Unless he sorts out his ‘carrying a pig under both arms‘ arms, Craig ain’t going near a 9 let alone 10.
I sort of agree, but remember Tilly and Nikita? Craig can go off-piste: it would be a huge shock if the first 40 went not to Layton or Ellie, but to Bobby. I think his dance will be hard to critique, and Dianne always does well with ballroom elements. I will be rioting if they get a 40 though, obv.

Reactions: 8
I think that a lot of people find Ritchie incredibly annoying, I reach for the off button whenever he appears on the TV and likewise on the radio. Coupled with not having any real talent despite the likes of Zoe Ball telling him that he was fabulous. That said, he was trying to dance and deserved a partner that tried to teach him. I don't think it was a problem with him being a same sex partner, more that Gio didn't respect him as a dancer and didn't know what to do with him as a person either as they're so different. I would imagine that it wasn't the joyful experience on a favoured show that Ritchie was expecting which must have been hard. He does seem to be doing the celebrity reality route a bit at the moment in a somewhat fame hungry way and it doesn't appear to be going that well as he was knocked out in the first round of MasterChef for serving raw chicken too so who knows.

Reactions: 4
Gio/Ritchie - I go with the theory Gio didn’t like him, didn’t try to hide it. Not sure why Strictly keep Gio now. He doesn’t seem to want to be there, doesn’t support the show and also made the comment (sold as a joke) about it doesn’t matter about not being in the group numbers, as no one watches them.

Reactions: 18
I wouldn't have trusted Graziano with someone of Layton's talent. Sorry if that's harsh but you don't often get people of that level of dance experience, it makes sense that you'd put him with a pro who can really choreograph.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't have trusted Graziano with someone of Layton's talent. Sorry if that's harsh but you don't often get people of that level of dance experience, it makes sense that you'd put him with a pro who can really choreograph.
This is why I don't understand all the people on social media that keep saying that Layton is the one pulling all the strings and just dancing as he wants and poor Nikita doesn't have a say in it. It makes no sense at all. They also keep saying that all his dances are the same when they're really not.

Reactions: 10
Baby why you undressing and then going into a room with Layton? 👀🥵
I’ve got a stinking cold at the moment and was awake in the night coughing up a lung when I found some drunken pap shots that so would have been all over the press if it wasn’t a same sex pairing and have done nothing to dampen the Layton and Nikita fantasies in my head.
ETA - I just noticed that they called him a star of sex education. FFS getting your flamboyant black gay men mixed up there OK 😡

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
couldn’t be arsed I think. Looked really uncomfortable with the whole concept. Poor Richie.
But I was under the impression that he actively campaigned to get himself a male partner?
I honestly think he saw Johannes and John and imagined that he would be able to replicate their partnership. Then he was paired with Richie, who’s a completely different kettle of fish to John, wasn’t sure what to do, panicked and gave up. It’s a sodding horrible way to treat someone.
Just compare the way Giovanni was with Richie to the way Nikita has been with Layton. I think Nikita has been fantastic this year - it’s so obvious that he’s having an absolute blast with Layton, and he’s shown that same sex partnerships can be as unique as mixed sex ones ( who’d a thunk? ). I’m not saying that Richie was near the standard of John or Layton, but the blatant lack of effort from Giovanni meant we never got to find out.

Reactions: 17
I’ve got a stinking cold at the moment and was awake in the night coughing up a lung when I found some drunken pap shots that so would have been all over the press if it wasn’t a same sex pairing and have done nothing to dampen the Layton and Nikita fantasies in my head.
Love these! Layton has amazing posture!!

Reactions: 4
I sort of agree, but remember Tilly and Nikita? Craig can go off-piste: it would be a huge shock if the first 40 went not to Layton or Ellie, but to Bobby. I think his dance will be hard to critique, and Dianne always does well with ballroom elements. I will be rioting if they get a 40 though, obv.
Craig wasn't there when Tilly got 40, that was the week he was off with covid. He said after it wouldn't have got a 10 from him.

I didn't know Bobby's stepmum is the same age as Dianne. But nothing surprises me anymore with his 'Dianne is like my sister who I fancy and now she's playing my mum' story arc 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
ETA - I just noticed that they called him a star of sex education. FFS getting your flamboyant black gay men mixed up there OK 😡
Weeeeeelllllll now these photos have SIGNIFICANTLY brightened my day 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Richie was the 'wrong kind' of gay man in Gio's eyes, I reckon.

Does anyone remember the moment after Richie's QS, when he did really well? He was beaming and went to hug Gio - as literally every couple hug after their dance - and Gio just turned his back on him and celebrated to the audience instead.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
But I was under the impression that he actively campaigned to get himself a male partner?
I honestly think he saw Johannes and John and imagined that he would be able to replicate their partnership. Then he was paired with Richie, who’s a completely different kettle of fish to John, wasn’t sure what to do, panicked and gave up. It’s a sodding horrible way to treat someone.
Just compare the way Giovanni was with Richie to the way Nikita has been with Layton. I think Nikita has been fantastic this year - it’s so obvious that he’s having an absolute blast with Layton, and he’s shown that same sex partnerships can be as unique as mixed sex ones ( who’d a thunk? ). I’m not saying that Richie was near the standard of John or Layton, but the blatant lack of effort from Giovanni meant we never got to find out.
I think he saw the attention that John and Johannes got and thought he wanted in on that. I would say the mark of a good strictly professional is how well they work with someone who they know is not going to win. I think Gio has been very lucky with his partners until Richie. He wanted a hot gay guy who would get him column inches.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.