Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honeystar

VIP Member
I think Nikita has done so much for inclusion and acceptance. He proudly wears his diabetic patch on National TV, adapted his choreography last year for Ellie and proved that anyone can dance, and this year has totally embraced Layton and all his OTT camp charm, hasn’t batted an eyelid at being partnered and up close and personal with another man and hasn’t shied away from creating steamy numbers for them. If only everyone could be like him, I can’t think of a better role model. Especially for those who DO fit the mould (white, straight, male etc) often that’s the group with the worst role models for young boys to look up to. We talk a lot about those in minority groups needing to be seen and have role models out there (and they do) but equally it’s so important for those not in those groups to see role models who are so accepting

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Boogs

VIP Member
I think Nikita has done so much for inclusion and acceptance. He proudly wears his diabetic patch on National TV, adapted his choreography last year for Ellie and proved that anyone can dance, and this year has totally embraced Layton and all his OTT camp charm, hasn’t batted an eyelid at being partnered and up close and personal with another man and hasn’t shied away from creating steamy numbers for them. If only everyone could be like him, I can’t think of a better role model. Especially for those who DO fit the mould (white, straight, male etc) often that’s the group with the worst role models for young boys to look up to. We talk a lot about those in minority groups needing to be seen and have role models out there (and they do) but equally it’s so important for those not in those groups to see role models who are so accepting
Yes!
He is the opposite of toxic masculinity and how the patriarchy expects men to behave. He is totally open minded and accepts everyone as they are. He is a breath of fresh air and I do hope there are young men who are seeing how inspirational he is and aspiring to be more like him. We need more Nikitas in the world and less Andrew Tates.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Willow9999

Johannes is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. He could be dancing in a crowd of 1000 and you’d have your eyes fixed firmly on him. Watching him warm up behind the set in his glittery green get up on Saturday was mesmerising. I expected to be drooling over Vito, Nikita ( still did) and Gorka ( don’t come at me he hits different when he dances) but as a menopausal straight woman I came away with a massive Johannes crush. And Layton 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Willow9999

I absolutely refuse to click the article but for Christ’s sake. This is out of hand and underhand. If
I was A celeb I wouldn’t want to sign up for this
IMG_0397.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Boogs

VIP Member
I absolutely refuse to click the article but for Christ’s sake. This is out of hand and underhand. If
I was A celeb I wouldn’t want to sign up for this
View attachment 2591645
Did he have to make it up to his wife when he shagged his colleague over his desk in Casualty? I would guess not as he was performing a role for his job 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I bet Graz would have been lovely with Richie though. Basically anyone but Giofanny, even Dave Arch pulled on to the dancefloor would have done a better job.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I love it when they get somebody to do a VT if a celeb has danced to their song or represented their character and neither the person in the VT nor the celeb knows who the other is or what's going on.
Russell Crowe's message to Tom Fletcher after his infamous CC was bizarre. Actually that whole thing was a fever dream, the VT about his sister who is very much alive but they made her sound dead, the extremely earnest contempowaft dance, and then Russell Crowe sending him a message when it was clear he didn't know who Tom was or what he was doing.
Topped off by the joy that couldn't be contained on this thread when the spoiler came out that night :LOL:

ETA: not forgetting this 😁

Screenshot_20211122-153910.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I think the most popular CCs are the ones which aren't part of the Trauma Olympics - Faye's Fosse skeletons, Charles & Karen's slick street dance, Hamza's afrobeats to name a few. It's just more enjoyable to watch on a Saturday night than some earnest wafting.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
This Woman's Work is a song about a man fearing for the life of his wife and child during a difficult childbirth, it's not relevant to Bobby's situation at all.

The whole thing feels very cheap, tbh, and how can the judges possibly criticise without being made out to be heartless bastards?

And then poor Dianne has to perform a routine about a dead parent while her own father's battling cancer? Fuck off, show. Really.

This is close to the bottom of the barrel, even for Strictly.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Boogs

VIP Member
It baffles me how watching a lovely person look fabulous and have fun invokes such ire in people. Bigots live such an angry life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Boogs

VIP Member
OMG that clip of Layton as a child is so adorable!
Reading that he got kicked out of theatre school and had to move back to Bury and hide who he was to survive secondary school choked me up. It made me think of my baby brother, who is a year or so older than Layton, who got relentlessly bullied all through his school years as he was quite effeminate. He denied who he was for a long time and I remember how anxious he was coming out to me, despite the fact that I had always known and ensured that he knew I supported him from a young age. He is now in a long-term relationship with a guy who makes him seem super butch 😂 I think seeing someone like Layton on mainstream TV would have helped him enormously as a teenager.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Reading that he got kicked out of theatre school and had to move back to Bury and hide who he was to survive secondary school choked me up. It made me think of my baby brother, who is a year or so older than Layton, who got relentlessly bullied all through his school years as he was quite effeminate. He denied who he was for a long time and I remember how anxious he was coming out to me, despite the fact that I had always known and ensured that he knew I supported him from a young age. He is now in a long-term relationship with a guy who makes him seem super butch 😂 I think seeing someone like Layton on mainstream TV would have helped him enormously as a teenager.
It’s why all my Ageds are power voting for Layton. They knew their brother/in-law was gay in the 1940’s and The Aunts especially are super protective of him. Seeing Layton just being Layton on the actual tele makes them so happy.
(It’s why it niggles me when I see comments about the older generations being all cardi clutchy about him being on. They should sit with a 90 year old shouting ‘oooh, sparkly corset … go on my son’).

Last edited:
  • Heart

KeriRhys

VIP Member
I've always said this. It should be a celebration of their careers and/or other passions. That would be far more uplifting than trying to out sob each other.
But then how would we have ever known about Chris Ramseys battle with acne, or the fact that Adam Thomas...had brothers?

Personally I think the CC should be binned completely! The only good to come from a CC was McFurlough getting booted! and Gorka in a corset

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
God the Fail are truly desperate for shagging if they are stalking Annabel and Jojo!

I know that Jojo goes the extra mile for his contestants but I think he might draw the line at that.
---
I see Brendan Cole is saying that Nigel should have more humility. Yes that’s right Brendan fucking Cole is lecturing on humility 😂

He also slagged off Laytons CC saying it was like Magic Mike. Says the man who spent his career dancing with women who just about had their genitalia covered.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23