Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I do take the piss I don’t like dislike Bobby and I’ve said on here before that I hope he does well in life after a difficult start. I just don’t think he is a particularly good dancer and feel that he should be one of the next to go.

I really do hope for his sake that he does stay detached through this dance. I’m horrified at the thought of this young lad potentially having his trauma triggered and risking repressed emotions being sprung to the surface on a live TV entertainment show. He has lived his whole life known as Jade Goody’s son but I don’t think this is something he has utilised. I think his approach to his mum has been respectful and he has kept things pretty private. I hope that both Bobby and Dianne will be offered additional support as this dance could be triggering and traumatic for both of them. I’m sure I speak for most people on here when I say that any emotion showed by Bobby will be viewed with compassion and the judgement will be reserved for TPTB that have exploited his trauma.
YES.
I’m not a Bobby and Dianne fan, but ultimately he’s a very young man who went through a truly tragic experience losing his mum, and Dianne probably just wants to be with her dad. I can sort of understand him wanting to do some sort of tribute to his mum, I’m just not sure how much of it is actually being driven by Bobby and how much is being pushed by the producers.
On a purely self centred level I watch Strictly because it’s light, fluffy, sparkly entertainment - and I just feel their dance is going to leave me unmoved and distinctly uncomfortable for reasons I can’t fully articulate. I can’t imagine anyone feeling anything but sympathy for Bobby if he finds Saturday difficult- I’m just not convinced he should have been put in that position in the first place.

Reactions: 15
Totally agree with the Annabel comments. I mean, I might put myself into an induced coma when she's dancing, but I can fully see why she appeals to the average Strictly viewer.

But am I wrong in thinking that if you're bottom of the LB in the semi-final (possibly the QF) then you can't avoid the DO no matter how strong your public vote is?
I think you can but you have to have a leaderboard reversal - so you'd be relying on the least popular people being at the top. They can't have something where someone is entirely unable to escape the dance off, since it's why it was scrapped in s6 or whenever Tom Chambers got to the semi

Reactions: 5
I think you can but you have to have a leaderboard reversal - so you'd be relying on the least popular people being at the top. They can't have something where someone is entirely unable to escape the dance off, since it's why it was scrapped in s6 or whenever Tom Chambers got to the semi
Another, 'how the hell did HE win' ?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I guess I’m probably a younger strictly viewer although I’m not that young! But I def prefer the quirkier choreography & less classic thing. Although I do enjoy watching someone being swept around the dance floor.

Annabel just doesn’t tick any of my boxes. I also think she’s dulled Johannes’ sparkly-ness. I don’t dislike her, she just doesn’t really entertain me.

I think Angela S might be in trouble this week. She had a ‘come back’ last week but it was only one dance & a very slow one. I can’t see the cha cha going well for her ..

Reactions: 8
Annabel would not be my preferred winner, at all, although it would be nice to see Johannes win. 😁

Reactions: 7
She's not my favourite but I agree with this. I particularly liked last night on ITT when Jojo was talking about how he can just say do a ronde (?) to her and she can now just so it without him having to explain what one is. It reminds me very much of the old school Strictly and appeals to the old fart in me.
To be fair, she did ballet for years by her own admission so most probably knew what it was anyway 😁

Reactions: 10
Totally agree with the Annabel comments. I mean, I might put myself into an induced coma when she's dancing, but I can fully see why she appeals to the average Strictly viewer.

But am I wrong in thinking that if you're bottom of the LB in the semi-final (possibly the QF) then you can't avoid the DO no matter how strong your public vote is?
No, you can. You have to be able to. It’s more difficult but after the bun fight of the series 6 semi final, the frantic workings out on the back of a ciggy packet and hasty … no everyone is through to the final … if you are being urged to vote to ‘save your favourite from the dance off’ (and potentially spend money doing so) then it has to be at least possible.

Reactions: 2
I read the original interviews the contestants did for the BBC and Nigel said
I’m looking forward to doing the Waltz and the Quickstep! The Rumba is like dancing on Mars for me... I’m looking forward to the challenge but I really don’t want to do that one!
Saturday night could be interesting 😂

• Haha
Obligatory Austin was robbed comment! I think Austin fell foul of these leaderboard permutations, sadly, though Tom probably still was more popular than him.
It was the single most ill tempered series ever. The dance off had truly bit and the fact that viewers seemed to have taken to John Sargent and kept him out the dance off seemed a personal afront to the judges and some other <coughJamesJordancough> pros. Every week was a power struggle.
Come semi finals, when I people were still smarting over AustinwuzRobbed, Tom picked up a lot of the Austin votes. The minute Lisa and Brendan and Rachel and Vincent were tied on 3 points with Tom on one and it was obvious nothing could keep him from the dance off and by extension being eliminated the panic was obvious,

still we got Bacofoil out of it so swings and roundabouts.

(Second best thing about the final? Austin and Erin reprising their jive with Austin effortlessly lifting Erin (lifts were less common back in themadays) looking at the judges with an ‘here’s what you could have had‘ expression).

• Heart
The hidden mic posts they put up are getting shorter, also less and less interesting as the weeks go on. Obviously Vito speaks the most, as if we couldn't guess that. 😁 The rest it is a bit of counting from Johannes to Annabel and a 'Come on' from Dianne, Nikita and Carlos, or in the case of Nigel, absolutely nada.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.