Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always said this. It should be a celebration of their careers and/or other passions. That would be far more uplifting than trying to out sob each other.
But then how would we have ever known about Chris Ramseys battle with acne, or the fact that Adam Thomas...had brothers?

Personally I think the CC should be binned completely! The only good to come from a CC was McFurlough getting booted! and Gorka in a corset

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Whilst I do take the piss I don’t like dislike Bobby and I’ve said on here before that I hope he does well in life after a difficult start. I just don’t think he is a particularly good dancer and feel that he should be one of the next to go.

I really do hope for his sake that he does stay detached through this dance. I’m horrified at the thought of this young lad potentially having his trauma triggered and risking repressed emotions being sprung to the surface on a live TV entertainment show. He has lived his whole life known as Jade Goody’s son but I don’t think this is something he has utilised. I think his approach to his mum has been respectful and he has kept things pretty private. I hope that both Bobby and Dianne will be offered additional support as this dance could be triggering and traumatic for both of them. I’m sure I speak for most people on here when I say that any emotion showed by Bobby will be viewed with compassion and the judgement will be reserved for TPTB that have exploited his trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
After careful deliberation (i.e. I haven't changed my mind in the past ten minutes) my pre-show prediction for the DO is Layton vs Angela.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I've always said this. It should be a celebration of their careers and/or other passions. That would be far more uplifting than trying to out sob each other.
I think this is what Layton and Nikita did on Saturday. They celebrated who he is and the fact that he was supported to be who he truly wants to be from a young age by his mum. Layton is a flamboyant boundary pusher who is unapologetically himself. Of course his CC was going to be the same ♥
---
After careful deliberation (i.e. I haven't changed my mind in the past ten minutes) my pre-show prediction for the DO is Layton vs Angela.
I’m definitely too invested here as I feel so sad at the thought of Layton being in the DO 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the most popular CCs are the ones which aren't part of the Trauma Olympics - Faye's Fosse skeletons, Charles & Karen's slick street dance, Hamza's afrobeats to name a few. It's just more enjoyable to watch on a Saturday night than some earnest wafting.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I loved Hamza’s CC last year. Celebrating his culture and a different style of dance for the show.

Reactions: 19
Oh really?! Bold of you to assume I know enough in the first place to be able to then forget it haha I had no idea! I assumed it was filmed live every day 😅
🤣
Traditionally the live live shows were Monday, Wednesday and Friday with Tuesday being recorded on Monday and Thursday on Wednesday.
Voice over man used to say before the credits Live from London or just from London but now Fleur and Janette say either live on BBC and iPlayer or just on BBC and iPlayer. Ive noticed it for Tuesday, but can’t say it’s registered what they say for Thursday 😁

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Surely Annabel has got to slip into the dance off sometimes soon? She's the weakest dancer but seems to have found some late support which might keep her safe.
I'm finding it hard to call this week we are at the point where being in top part of the leader board is essential.
Angela has upped her game, bobby has been in a DO and Nigel seems to be feeling the pressure.

Reactions: 9
I’d like that for CC - a celebration of themselves. I agree that while they shoe-horned Laytons mum in this week, it was largely about her accepting exactly who he is & the dance was all him. I’m pretty sure Layton will be in the bottom two this week, as sad as I’ll be to see it ☹ But so long as he isn’t against Ellie & Nikita doesn’t go mental with the choreography, he’ll knock everyone else out.

Sometimes I ponder if we’ll get a really weird final this year - Ellie, Annabel & Bobby 🤪 Annabel is SO boring & yet she seems to have shed loads of support. It’s baffling me. I forget she’s still there 🙈 I guess some people like the more safe & gentle dances!

Reactions: 10
I’d like that for CC - a celebration of themselves. I agree that while they shoe-horned Laytons mum in this week, it was largely about her accepting exactly who he is & the dance was all him. I’m pretty sure Layton will be in the bottom two this week, as sad as I’ll be to see it ☹ But so long as he isn’t against Ellie & Nikita doesn’t go mental with the choreography, he’ll knock everyone else out.

Sometimes I ponder if we’ll get a really weird final this year - Ellie, Annabel & Bobby 🤪 Annabel is SO boring & yet she seems to have shed loads of support. It’s baffling me. I forget she’s still there 🙈 I guess some people like the more safe & gentle dances!
Her dance last weekend was truly lovely though and much better than a lot of the other dances. It's not that people want safe and gentle but the weird takes/reinventing of dances and adding unnecessary bits from other styles can get a bit tiresome. I just want to watch a good dance!! It all gets a bit "loud" sometimes when the professionals try and reinvent the wheel.

Reactions: 12
I think with Annabelle Jojo’s choreography is really playing to her strengths. I think she is one of the weaker dancers left but will be surprised to see her in the DO this week.

I don’t think Annabel will hit the DO this week. She has a Paso to traditional Spanish music, and JoJo is very strong on Paso technique.
Although she isn’t in my preferred final 3, I can see why she appeals to a lot of voters.
She is graceful and elegant, a non dancer who is on a ‘journey’, she has a wonderful partnership with Johannes. Also, she has done ‘proper dances’ without all the bells and whistles, and many viewers really like that.
Add in her vulnerability at being widowed in her fifties after a 30 year marriage, and the sheer joy she is getting from being on the show.
She ticks a lot of boxes and is clearly popular.

Reactions: 17
But then how would we have ever known about Chris Ramseys battle with acne, or the fact that Adam Thomas...had brothers?

Personally I think the CC should be binned completely! The only good to come from a CC was McFurlough getting booted! and Gorka in a corset
I think it should be kept just get rid of any kind of backstory- it's totally unnecessary. It should just be a chance for them to learn a different type of dance they wouldn't normally do in ballroom/latin and they should open it up to include other types of dance too.

I think it should be kept just get rid of any kind of backstory- it's totally unnecessary. It should just be a chance for them to learn a different type of dance they wouldn't normally do in ballroom/latin and they should open it up to include other types of dance too.
If we don't get to see Angela and Carlos do some Irish dancing I will riot.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Reminds me of what Layton posted a few weeks ago 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think Annabel will hit the DO this week. She has a Paso to traditional Spanish music, and JoJo is very strong on Paso technique.
Although she isn’t in my preferred final 3, I can see why she appeals to a lot of voters.
She is graceful and elegant, a non dancer who is on a ‘journey’, she has a wonderful partnership with Johannes. Also, she has done ‘proper dances’ without all the bells and whistles, and many viewers really like that.
Add in her vulnerability at being widowed in her fifties after a 30 year marriage, and the sheer joy she is getting from being on the show.
She's not my favourite but I agree with this. I particularly liked last night on ITT when Jojo was talking about how he can just say do a ronde (?) to her and she can now just so it without him having to explain what one is. It reminds me very much of the old school Strictly and appeals to the old fart in me.

Reactions: 11
That sums up really what I was thinking.
She was not expected to get very far, I'm guessing but has put in a solid performance week in, week out. As I said upthread, there's a growing narrative about how underrated she was, and now she could well be the one that slides in and wins. Or at least makes it to the final.

As an aside, I could watch Johannes dancing forever.

Reactions: 10
Totally agree with the Annabel comments. I mean, I might put myself into an induced coma when she's dancing, but I can fully see why she appeals to the average Strictly viewer.

But am I wrong in thinking that if you're bottom of the LB in the semi-final (possibly the QF) then you can't avoid the DO no matter how strong your public vote is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Totally agree with the Annabel comments. I mean, I might put myself into an induced coma when she's dancing, but I can fully see that she appeals to the average Strictly viewer.

But am I wrong in thinking that if you're bottom of the LB in the semi-final (possibly the QF) then you can't avoid the DO no matter how strong your public vote is?
Yes, I think that's true re SF, though my maths are crap. Next week there are 5: if the person at the bottom gets 1 they can get a max of 6. The leader could get 5 + 1. Assuming someone else gets, say 2 + 2, the bottom person would go through with Public Vote breaking the tie.

Annabel puts me to sleep and I kind of hate the 'classy' narrative around her, even though I can see they are doing some nice dances.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.