Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re talking about This Woman’s Work they are doing the Maxwell version of the song so presumably it will be a male singing it
the male singer they have with the higher range (i don’t know his name 🤣) has a decent voice too so i can see it being okay. thankfully, as i love that song.

DS on fine form again... :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 162003.png

I didn't much care for the opening number, but I like it a bit more every time I see someone having a shitfit about Johannes' outfit.

You just k n o w how everyone irl reacts when they see that poster coming... 😂

ezgif-5-d09b58bfde.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
It baffles me how watching a lovely person look fabulous and have fun invokes such ire in people. Bigots live such an angry life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I know Bobby gets some stick on here but I don’t think anyone is accusing Bobby of going for a sympathy vote. People are concerned that the shows bosses are using Bobbys traumatic experience to get views/votes. Most people are expressing concern for Bobby and worrying that this could be exploiting a young lad who had a massive loss that he doesn’t appear to have processed.
Yes!!! I think he's a harmless lad (he actually seems nice enough just has a bit of foot in mouth syndrome) and I don't think he deserves to be used by the show in this way! If he's comfortable with it I'll be happy and forget all about it. It's up to him if he's happy with it all and I'm sure that will be evident on Saturday in their performance.

I can't see how he won't cry tbh, even if he hasn't fully processed things an event like this will stir up emotions in unexpected ways.
---
Another disadvantage of a Jade themed dance is most of Bobby's fandom being on Tiktok. The emphasis on Jade this week will easily lead them to look her up discover her racist bullying on Celebrity BB. Tiktok is hugely into cancel culture - this could get very ugly.
Well if anyone does that their brain-dead. She was an ignorant person, she admitted that and died young. Anyone who uses her racist past against her son can get fucked.

Reactions: 9
Because maybe a person can look like a face like a smacked arse at a certain time and then be a good dancer out of hold in some of his dances. If that's bitchy and snark so be it. Aren't humans multifaceted?

If I think someone's a bleep I wouldn't think its anyone on strictly more along the lines of people who make other peoples lives a misery but thats just me, we all have our own levels of measuring cuntness.

All I said was that I would hope for Bobby and I would hold the opinion of ANYONE doing what looks to be an emotional couples choice then they don't get ripped apart from showing emotion? Especially when people have already from what I have seen say he is going to do this for a sympathy vote.
I could be wrong but I haven't seen anyone on here say Bobby is doing this for a sympathy vote. In fact, the majority of people seem to feel that he and Dianne are being pushed to do this by the producers and that it's not fair on either of them.

Reactions: 11
Bobby hardly gets critiqued already.
He can do no wrong with Shirley for sure - 'young man' as she calls him. 😁 I think Craig is the only one who gives him any negative feedback. And even then it's quite light criticism.

I am here idly combining potential dance off pairings in my head for Saturday. 😁 And deciding who the judges would save.

Reactions: 8
I could be wrong but I haven't seen anyone on here say Bobby is doing this for a sympathy vote. In fact, the majority of people seem to feel that he and Dianne are being pushed to do this by the producers and that it's not fair on either of them.
Saw it on the Joe/Dianne thread as well as on the DS.

I agree the majority are thinking it’s more of a push by producers that’s why I was reiterating it’s best to just support him regardless as he can’t win either way.

Reactions: 3
Yes!!! I think he's a harmless lad (he actually seems nice enough just has a bit of foot in mouth syndrome) and I don't think he deserves to be used by the show in this way! If he's comfortable with it I'll be happy and forget all about it. It's up to him if he's happy with it all and I'm sure that will be evident on Saturday in their performance.

I can't see how he won't cry tbh, even if he hasn't fully processed things an event like this will stir up emotions in unexpected ways.
---

Well if anyone does that their brain-dead. She was an ignorant person, she admitted that and died young. Anyone who uses her racist past against her son can get fucked.
It’s shocking I know but two things can be true at once - Jade died tragically young with a young family and that’s so so sad, AND I didn’t like her and thought her racism was appalling. She wasn’t as stupid as she made out, she was just ignorant.

It’s not fair on the viewers either. Strictly is a light entertainment show. This is neither ‘light’ nor ‘entertainment’.

The current production team are an absolute disgrace. I hate the direction they’re taking the show in.

Reactions: 17
A lot of people seem sure nigel is marked to go this week when he was originally a firm favourite for the final.
It got me thinking could we have a completely different final than everyone predicted?
For all we know layton is scraping through every week and he's already zoomed through all of the latin/traditionally faster ballrooms and finds a way to speed the slower ballrooms up rather than do it like everyone else.
With the ones he has left could it spell dance off soon
I'm seeing more and more viewers and comments around not wanting him in the final.

And then you have Angela who seems to have a surprising amount of support avoiding dance offs so far

Reactions: 1
It’s shocking I know but two things can be true at once - Jade died tragically young with a young family and that’s so so sad, AND I didn’t like her and thought her racism was appalling. She wasn’t as stupid as she made out, she was just ignorant.
But why should Bobby be "cancelled" because of something his mother did before he was even born? He wasn't raised by her, he never knew her.

Reactions: 4
Saw it on the Joe/Dianne thread as well as on the DS.

I agree the majority are thinking it’s more of a push by producers that’s why I was reiterating it’s best to just support him regardless as he can’t win either way.
It's definitely viewer manipulation and 100% not his fault that he's being pushed to use loss to get votes. However, I don't see why everyone has to support him. I don't like his dancing or his partnership and I'm not taken by his personality, so I won't be.

I don’t think anyone left is a certain for the final not even Ellie - if she isn’t top of the leaderboard and people assume she’s safe and don’t vote, she could end up in the dance-off. Then maybe end up with a Layton/Ellie dance off before the final.

I don’t think anyone left is a certain for the final not even Ellie - if she isn’t top of the leaderboard and people assume she’s safe and don’t vote, she could end up in the dance-off. Then maybe end up with a Layton/Ellie dance off before the final.
Yeah no one has actually been really amazing this year... I'm not actually fussed about who wins really! Although I think Bobby is the worst dancer left so I really don't think it should be him!!

Reactions: 7
But why should Bobby be "cancelled" because of something his mother did before he was even born? He wasn't raised by her, he never knew her.
I mean he was 5 when she died, she wasn’t a stranger to him! It’s bizarre people are trying to pretend his mothers death will have had no impact.

But to your first question I don’t think Bobby should be cancelled, at all, I just think the canonising of Jade is so bizarre. I’m sure the VT will do the same!

Reactions: 12
Yeah no one has actually been really amazing this year... I'm not actually fussed about who wins really! Although I think Bobby is the worst dancer left so I really don't think it should be him!!
I like the fact that there's no clear winner, even at this point.
Other years there were nailed on winners, or at the very least the potential finalists were clearly to be seen early on.

Reactions: 7
A lot of people seem sure nigel is marked to go this week when he was originally a firm favourite for the final.
It got me thinking could we have a completely different final than everyone predicted?
For all we know layton is scraping through every week and he's already zoomed through all of the latin/traditionally faster ballrooms and finds a way to speed the slower ballrooms up rather than do it like everyone else.
With the ones he has left could it spell dance off soon
I'm seeing more and more viewers and comments around not wanting him in the final.

And then you have Angela who seems to have a surprising amount of support avoiding dance offs so far
well, seeing as a lot of people have never wanted him in the final anyway, I don’t particularly see that as a shift.

He still has the Charleston, paso and rhumba and waltz and foxtrot … 2 of which will be dropped anyway. Nikita has actually been quite canny combining foxtrot and waltz into the AS which gives them a head start on which ever of those 2 is kept potentially for semi final week and hidden behind a more crowd pleasing Latin/Charleston.

Reactions: 8
I'm seeing an increasing amount of "journey" comments about Annabel. I wondered a few weeks ago who the hell is voting for her but she seems to have emerged in the last few weeks as a contender.

I think Angela is likely to fall into the Dance Off this week with a CCC. Nigel vs Angela DO with one of them out would be my prediction, although Nigel's vote could be very strong.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.