Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe because Freddie was that little bit younger it's a bit easier for him to talk about it all because he has to ask more questions about it all.
People just handle things differently … it took my cousin decades to accept counselling. It was the year she became she same age as her dad was when he died. That whole year was awful. It brought it home to her how young he had been and how much they had both missed and lost. Ask her before that, and she would have said she was fine.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
People just handle things differently … it took my cousin decades to accept counselling. It was the year she became she same age as her dad was when he died. That whole year was awful. It brought it home to her how young he had been and how much they had both missed and lost. Ask her before that, and she would have said she was fine.
This is so true. My friend lost her mum when she was five, not through cancer but in an accident. She always said she barely remembered her and felt like a fraud when people felt sorry for her. Then in her thirties she had a daughter herself and bang, everything hit her. The grief, anger, questions, fear, all of it :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Take it from me who lost a friend to cancer a few weeks ago the last thing you wanna do is tell a person with cancer where they should or shouldn't go. She may want to rest due to her fractured foot anyways.

Producer manipulation happens on all shows especially reality tv and you can say the same thing about Annabel, Adam, Helen last year the list goes on its not just Bobby; the way he has held himself when taking on criticism from the judges and being in the bottom two last week has been more graceful than I have seen celebs this series and previous more than double his age do. So like I said in a previous post I hope he is afforded the same grace if he shows emotion on Saturday.
I think Bobby will be shown the same good grace as you showed to a man who's 30 years older, trying his best and who has also lost a parent as a teenager and has recently lost their other parent to leukaemia but you happily mauled for showing his emotions .

(Not trying to have a go but it seems only fair to point out the obvious)

Reactions: 12
Here’s my tuppence worth , I could understand the Beeb wanting to pay tribute to Jade if she’d been a much loved national treasure but let’s be honest she wasn’t . Sorry if that sound’s harsh. Yes she was Bobby’s Mum and no doubt she must have had some good qualities but the public never saw that side of her. This cc sounds like a very poor decision to me

Reactions: 15
My take is that Bobby doesn't really understand what the dance is supposed to represent hence the "my mother, probably" and that worries me considering this dance is supposed to come from his soul and bare his emotions. That's what stinks of producer bullshit but unfortunately it makes him come across inauthentic when really, he's viewing it as any other dance.

He doesn't have the gravitas or emotional maturity for this and that's not his fault as this has obviously been forced on them to pull in the votes by tugging on the old heartstrings.
Completely agree. This is what bothers me about it all.

Reactions: 5
I’m not sure he has the emotional maturity to do this.
After watching ITT tonight I don't think the manifestation of the thoughts of Bobby or whatever it was he referred to himself as can pull it off. He's on a totally other plane.

And Dianne's going to represent his Mum 🤢.

Give the people what they really want- the Postcode Lottery song. Maybe Jeff could come on at the end and present Dianne with a cheque and a plane ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think Bobby will be shown the same good grace as you showed to a man who's 30 years older, trying his best and who has also lost a parent as a teenager and has recently lost their other parent to leukaemia but you happily mauled for showing his emotions .

(Not trying to have a go but it seems only fair to point out the obvious)
Are you talking about when he had a face like a slapped arse and stormed off on the results show and walked away from Katya in the reaction room?

I don't understand why you have used this as comparison; If he got ripped apart from crying from a couples choice then I would deffo defend a person in that situation (as long as they weren't doing for sympathy every week) but he got criticism for making mistakes in his dance; other couples have been criticised as well.

Not having a go either but pointing out the obvious as well.

Reactions: 2
I've a hunch (although my hunches are a bit tit and never come to fruition), that he'll definitely get nice feedback from the judges regarding the emotional aspect of the dance (whether it's warranted or not) but he's not going to get super high scores - and by that I mean mostly 8's with maybe a 9 thrown in.

So, if we assume Layton and Ellie are the highest scorers, the A's at the bottom, it could leave him mid-table with Nigel, perhaps?

If no one got a 40 last week, I don't know how it could be justified, no matter how nicely he may dance. But then, bizarre things happen.

Like, I'm assuming Layton will score high, but will it be a ballroom breakthrough, or will it be his time to get 'taken down a peg'?

Just realised we'll also have to listen to Hayley screech away at the song. It's one to miss really.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My take is that Bobby doesn't really understand what the dance is supposed to represent hence the "my mother, probably" and that worries me considering this dance is supposed to come from his soul and bare his emotions. That's what stinks of producer bullshit but unfortunately it makes him come across inauthentic when really, he's viewing it as any other dance.

He doesn't have the gravitas or emotional maturity for this and that's not his fault as this has obviously been forced on them to pull in the votes by tugging on the old heartstrings.
I just caught up on ITT, and this post sums up what I was thinking.

It makes me uneasy tbh that he is possibly being used, to some extent, and that he doesn't realise it. And I guess there will be very mixed views as regards Jade which is another complication in the whole thing.

Reactions: 10
Are you talking about when he had a face like a slapped arse and stormed off on the results show and walked away from Katya in the reaction room?

I don't understand why you have used this as comparison; If he got ripped apart from crying from a couples choice then I would deffo defend a person in that situation (as long as they weren't doing for sympathy every week) but he got criticism for making mistakes in his dance; other couples have been criticised as well.

You are having a go at Nigel though. Just admit it. No need to be passive aggressive here - we say what we mean and we get along fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You are having a go at Nigel though. Just admit it. No need to be passive aggressive here - we say what we mean and we get along fine.
Does having a go mean pointing out what I saw on the screen as well as what a lot of the audience saw (enough too make news articles on it) then call a spade a spade then. Other people on here pointed it out as well not just me.

I guess you cant have an opinion on any other contestant especially about Nigel if it's not positive; I guess my comments on him being a really good dancer (out of hold) were missed then??

Ah, i don't think he did storm off did he? It was barely a flounce, disappointingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh my God watch Vito's insta post, him and Ellie warming up in the first video. The hip rotating. What catches your eye? 🍆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Does having a go mean pointing out what I saw on the screen as well as what a lot of the audience saw (enough too make news articles on it) then call a spade a spade then. Other people on here pointed it out as well not just me.

I guess you cant have an opinion on any other contestant especially about Nigel if it's not positive; I guess my comments on him being a really good dancer (out of hold) were missed then??
Lol no, it's not about Nigel it's about the fact you say "face like a smacked arse" in one breath and say you're not slagging him off in the next. Be real. Own the bitchiness and snark. It's Tattle.

Say you think Nigel's a mardy arse bleep. Nobody will give a tit but veiling every point you make in passive aggression is like trying to unwrap a Chupa Chup.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Right, time for another Shag, Marry, Kill.

Old school male pros:
James
Brendan
Vincent

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Right, time for another Shag, Marry, Kill.

Old school male pros:
James
Brendan
Vincent
Ewwwwww.

Shag Brendan (quickly, in the dark and he's not allowed to talk)
Marry Vincent (the lesser of three evils?)
Kill James (insufferable troll)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.