Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think thatā€™s cause it was actually organic. Losing your parents is something everyone goes through at some point, it doesnā€™t need milking to make it sad, he was just saying that his parents influenced his love for theatre/the arts and he loves his wife and kid.
The sentiment was lovely, not a sob story but a story of life. It is always a traumatic time when you lose parents, you always want them back, then when you think of them it is always a bit of a tear jerker.

Not my favourite dance of theirs, bit wafty for my liking, think it could have been more barnstorming. It was what they wanted to do and reflected Nigel's background and love for his family.

The producers WANT a bit of a sad background to the CC, even when there is really no need. Annabel's was fine it was so in the moment, but I dare say Nigel would have given the producers background story a wide berth if he had the choice.

At least it was more reflective and realisitic ........ Tom Fletcher anyone? :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just catching up, whoever chose to put that monstrosity In Angela Rippon's hair wants shooting ! Oh and of course she had to get her leg up ! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I like Ellie but it has to be an advantage if you're young and fit and female in this show.
Ey? When was the last time a young fit female won the show? I feel like they rarely even get into the final.

I still canā€™t believe Abbey Clancy won. Sheā€™s everything the Facebook Beryls hate usually.

• Haha
They made me cry too. So much emotion and I think what they are doing is so incredibly important for the LGBT community.
I almost stopped breathing at this part šŸ˜³
View attachment 2565722
Completely agree. I've had lots of arguments about it online (I know it's silly, but I can't help myself) with people who say ballroom dancing should only be between a man and a woman because of how their different bodies complement one another, etc.

However, Layton and Nikita have really proven that same sex dancing can work and is just as good as opposite sex dancing if done well.

I know that if I'd seen that kind of performance on TV when I was a teenager struggling with my sexuality, it would have made me feel a little less alone. It warms my heart that it might be helping teenagers of today who are in a similar boat.

I know it's only a dance show and I know lots of gay/bi people won't agree with me, but I honestly feel representation does matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I havenā€™t been this invested in 2 menā€™s sex life since I drunkenly offered myself for a threesome in my early 20ā€™s when my crush introduced me to his boyfriend. It was not my finest moment and that was me trying to be cool and nonchalant before I went and cried in the garden šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Always find it so hard to keep up with the thread during the show so hereā€™s my thoughtsā€¦

Krishnan - Pure tit but pure joy. Worried about his votes this week but really hoping he makes it one more week for Blackpool

Bobby - Probably his best so far but felt more like a contemporary routine at times. Still no standout moment or improvement in scores ā€¦ his dancing does nothing for me

Angela R - Not as bad as I thought and probably her best in weeks, think sheā€™s still at risk of being in the dance off and the results depend on who sheā€™s in it with

Nigel - Absolutely stunning and so cute, choreo was unbelievable and Iā€™m wondering if Katya did it herself as no outside choreographers were mentioned? Thought it deserved at least one 10 if we are going off how other couples choice routines have been marked

Ellie - Not my favourite from her and not as good as I thought it would be, but she still did really well and I think either her or Nigel are our winners this year (more likely to be Ellie)

Annabel - It was good but overmarked imo, much better than the rehearsal clips though so fair play to her for bringing it on the night

Angela S - One of her best yet, thought the whole setup was amazing and costumes were stunning. Carlos is a delight

Layton - Just perfection. Actually made me cry a little bit, I donā€™t think some people realize how important it is to have a partnership like this on TV every single week. The best same sex couple to be on the show, fair play to Nikita for throwing himself right in although I had no doubt that he would

Now we wait for the spoilerā€¦

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Nigel is a lesson in paying tribute/referencing those you have lost without turning it into some ridiculous sob story that most couple choices are (the only exception I will take is Annabelle due to how recent her loss is šŸ’”)

It was a nice mention, that linked to his performance, without making the whole VT about it

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I missed the start of the show earlier so just catching up now. Krishnan and Lauren were under marked. 5 from Craig was ridiculous!

Reactions: 5
Juliets put on the spoiler group that they have a mole so at least we dont have a wait like last week

Reactions: 10
I mean, being a young woman in theory should be a helpful asset but thereā€™s only been 6 young women ever win (8 in total but Iā€™m not sure Jill and Natasha would class as young women)

Even out of those 6, Rose is the only ā€œyoungā€ one really, the rest (Stacey, Kara, Alesha, Caroline, Abbey) were later twenties/early thirties

The fact that men traditionally do better and weā€™ve had more male winners that span young to old is certainly a study worth undertaking if you are so inclined I suppose šŸ˜…

Reactions: 6
Once again Gio was giving Vito evils when he came up to the Clauditorium. Not a smile crossed his face the entire time. Would love to know why he hates him so much. (It's notable that Amanda has been leaving lots of hearts on Ellie and Vito's posts) :unsure:
I find it odd that he can't at least appear professional and plaster a smile on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.