Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d like to see Layton and Angela R in the DO as it is the only way she’s not going to Blackpool they couldn’t put her through over that dance from Layton

That said she probably wasn’t the weakest this week I think Krishna was . but he got my votes as I want him to get to Blackpool over Angela R

Reactions: 9
It was for GP Vita. And the rest of his lifestyle brand. While we await the spoiler, enjoy the promo video his PR LadyL posted of his deodorant launch ('an elegant reel')
You mean the launch party/event wasnt in gola?

Reactions: 3
Had to watch most on catch up. Thoughts noone asked for:

Krishnan - not great. The camera blocking made the batucadas look promising but they didn't live up to my expectations. Still love him tho'

Bobby - missed it. What a shame. Not.

Angela R - no. So bloody slow. Husband came in at this point, never watches it and said why is this so tit?

Nigel - Katya was immense. That back bend! If the song was just about her then yes, yes, yes. I was expecting more from Nigel and he just didn't deliver. I'm now at the point where I think my expectations were much higher than reality. Other than that paso, zero wow factor for me.
Ellie - loved it. So much technique. Think it did lack a bit of fluidity and exaggeration but my god compared to others - 10 (I know judges don't compare to others which annoys the tit out of me). I'm close to adding Rumba to my favourite dances. So rarely done well, but when it's good 🔥 Nikita and Layton next please.

Annabel - didn't do it for me at all. Husband re- entered room at this point and said he thought Annabel looked like plank of wood compared to Johannes but frankly who wouldn't? Her hair looked great though.

Angela S - hate this song. Lots of gapping. Love Carlos. Not for me.

Layton - missed the first 20 seconds or so but, bloody hell, I was crying by the end. This partnership ❤ 10!

Motsi looked absolutely gorgeous tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don’t think this has been posted, apologies if it has.

We were discussing it just before the show started. Not took him long to sell his story.
He made himself sound like a walking red flag tbh

Reactions: 16
I think there’s much more to it. Strange that they had never met in person and she then asked him to move to the UK. Bizarre!
Well yes that was weird too, but I’d imagine seeing the fact she didn’t really want children in an article instead of being told directly by your wife would be a bit much. Feel sad for both as they did seem a good match at the time

Reactions: 4
It has, but I’ve only just read it. I think the baby thing was probably the final decider there.
I think it was one part of it but Karen is 41 and that just means it would be harder for her to get pregnant and it comes with more risks as well. Realistically, he moved halfway round the world to be with someone who he never met and whose job he really didn't understand.

Reactions: 11
well I've calmed down and watched layton and nikita only 6 more times 😍

I really don't want to jinx it, but 🤐 i really want them to win and I think tonight was a turning point

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Karen & her ex both sound a bit nuts. What sane adult thinks moving across the world to live with someone you've never met is a good idea? All incredibly rushed, seemingly with misaligned goals.

Reactions: 19
I think it was one part of it but Karen is 41 and that just means it would be harder for her to get pregnant and it comes with more risks as well. Realistically, he moved halfway round the world to be with someone who he never met and whose job he really didn't understand.
I think it is one of the main reasons why dancers tend to pair off with other dancers really

Reactions: 8
Completely agree. I've had lots of arguments about it online (I know it's silly, but I can't help myself) with people who say ballroom dancing should only be between a man and a woman because of how their different bodies complement one another, etc.

However, Layton and Nikita have really proven that same sex dancing can work and is just as good as opposite sex dancing if done well.

I know that if I'd seen that kind of performance on TV when I was a teenager struggling with my sexuality, it would have made me feel a little less alone. It warms my heart that it might be helping teenagers of today who are in a similar boat.

I know it's only a dance show and I know lots of gay/bi people won't agree with me, but I honestly feel representation does matter.
It DOES matter. It matters to me now as a 35 year old. In a different way but it still matters. And Nikita & Layton matter so much in terms of their partnership & friendship. It clearly doesn’t matter at all to Nikita that Layton is gay. They are equals, they are friends, they are openly affectionate. The more people see that, the more I hope the next gen won’t go through the tit I went through with ‘friends’ when I was younger.

Anyway, not much to say about tonight but holy hell, that AT. 🤯 Layton seemed very subdued tonight, really emotional & in the zone bless him. Think that took it out of him!

Nigel was lovely, Ellie v good, hate to say it but Bobby wasn’t bad.

Tom Daley looked hot in the audience 😂 can we get him on Strictly?! With Vito 👍🏻😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.