Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I agree that there was absolutely NO romance between Gio and Rose. She saw through all his bullshit and called him out on all the stuff he normally pulled and for once he had to find a new way to interact (she was basically his Kryptonite) and it actually really worked for him. We saw the 'dorky little brother' side of Gio.

Unfortunately as soon as Rose left he rebooted and the sleaze grew back over him like a furry blanket.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Claymorekick

Chatty Member
Just thinking about this Amanada/Gio thing (if indeed, it is a 'thing', which it of course might not be): aside from John Sargeant's withdrawal, Snog-gate, and a few affairs, in the 20+ years of Strictly there have been relatively few big scandals that made it into the public domain.

I would love to know what shit has gone down that they managed to conceal until it all blew over.
The whole 'Gorka losing his teeth in Blackpool' episode for a start plus Craig and Joe McFadden fling (allegedly) 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 27

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Agreed. Would there be a balanced view if it was Bobby Brazier though?!

Just went on the Fail site (can’t resist). No Adam fan but really poor and manipulative article about him pulling out of ITT and insinuating it was because of “Man Flu”.

The guy has just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and at a young age. NO MENTION of that.

His overly emotional style is annoying but could be in part due to that.
Rheumy is an auto immune disease … if he’s anything like my mum if he has had a cold or flu it will most likely flare the rheumy up. I’m not his biggest fan, but it must be hard coping with a fairly new diagnosis, getting his medication doses right (which can take ages), and Working out how best to train. If it comes down to missing an ITT or a Saturday show … it’s not really a tough choice, is it?

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Unless you were with Kevin or Brendan I can completely understand an infatuation - mild or serious. All that attention and physical proximity, made to feel so important, then the bond of going through the live challenge. I imagine your head can be turned by the whole situation as much as by your partner tbh. Must seem like an amazing bubble.

• Haha
Honestly the 'Chekhov at the Chichester' line was chef's kiss. A masterclass. Also talking about how everyone else who left is booked and busy but 'I'm not sure if Amanda has anything lined up?' I bow down.
I especially enjoyed her commenting that ‘Les Dennis went straight back into 42nd Street …’

I saw Les Dennis in 42nd Street last week. Believe me when I say that his presence in said show should in no way be held up as an example of someone who has hopped from Strictly straight into another glorious success. 😐

I’m the words of my friend: ‘All that can be said about Les Dennis’s performance is that he was in the same building at the same time as the rest of us.’

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
If anyone thinks DS is bad, check out the Rose and Gio FB groups. Actually don't, it will hurt your eyes.
The Beryls are restless. Having praised Amanda as lovely and classy and mature she is now immature and spiteful apparently. Poor Gio doesn't deserve this. When will they Occams Razor it??

Also someone mentioned that Zoe Ball has unfollowed Gio (she definitely used to follow him but may have unfollowed him earlier) and has left a v sympathetic comment on her post. She's also just followed Amanda's fiancé too.
Amanda's fiancé has also left a loving comment about how 'brave' she has been.
But for me the piece de resistance is that Ranvir, who has had zero SM contact with Gio for two years, and never ever mentions Strictly, has weighed in! Case closed, m'lud!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Same. I think Rose was quite switched on and could see him for what he was. She was always teasing him/taking the piss which I found endearing and it was clearly a surprise to him too as he couldn't do the full on ick around her and get the usual reaction. I really liked them together Because I think she neutralised his nonsense.
Absolutely. I never saw any spark between them at all.
She treated him like a slightly annoying brother or friend. Nothing else, imo.

Reactions: 26

jfletcher

VIP Member
Lauren’s latest version of the name game descends into Nikita and Kai doing an interpretative dance while quoting Harry Potter and it’s as random and joyous as it sounds 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
Series one broke Anton. He admitted that during the whole John Sargent affair … he was on an ITT with Kate Garraway where James Jordan was holding forth about how John (after spending the previous day saying he should step down) was Wrong to resign. Anton basically said that in series one there was a young man who was terrible and got the final, having knocked out him and Lesley (Garrett) who was a lovely dancer that he couldn’t care less after that … and that was the show. If John had got to the final, good for him … he was doing what he was employed to do. Turn up and dance and if people wanted him to go further then so be it.

I think it pretty well summed up his next what, 17 series and probably explains why he’s still there.
I wonder if James Jordan ever looks at all the love Anton gets from Strictly fans (not all of course, but plenty) and his getting promoted to the panel, and all of his other opportunities and wishes he hadn't been such a desperate, sore loser prick who pissed off everyone.

Ditto Brendan, although I always found him far less offensive than James, and he definitely chilled out later.

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
Tiny tears 🤣🤣 god. I hated Ore that year. Still scowl when I see him on TV 😂
Oh god, same. And I think him and Danny are actually friends, which makes me chuckle as Danny Mac has clearly gotten over being robbed more than any of us have!🤣
My husband hates Strictly and has probably sat through a grand total of 18 seconds of it over its entire 20 year history, but if it’s ever mentioned in front of him he still just says “bloody Ore” or “Danny and Oti were robbed” because that’s all he’s heard about it for the last however many years 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Just saw Amanda’s insta no mention of Gio. I think the issue is her partner he has the hump …she is being twirled around the dance floor by a hunk and he’s not happy is my take…if that’s the case then if I was her I’d be getting out of that relationship if he has made her quit SCD as she is as a brill dancer 💃
Agreed, seems to be an unpopular opinion with others saying it's the mature thing to put her relationship first, not in my book. Anyone who throws a tantrum about their partner dancing with someone else is someone who does not belong in a relationship. I realise it would be harder for him due to his condition, but he (assuming that is the issue) needs to go to therapy and sort his own issues out, not guilt her into quitting because he can't control his jealousy. If you expect your partner to Strictly Curse you, you already didn't trust them and may as well just call it quits.

I felt slightly ill after reading Sophie Ellis-Bextor's statements and seeing that she's still with that controlling, pathetic manchild of a husband. And has 5 children with him, ugh.

Anyway, Amanda came across as so highly strung and stressed out, I still think it could have just been 'burnt out over pressure to be perfect' rather than anything involving her relationship, or a feud with the Fanny Rat. Surely if the issue was solely with Giovanni they could have just swapped him for Neil or Gorka rather than her having to quit. They could have pretended that ankle injury from a couple of months ago flared up to save face. There has to be something more to it than them not being able to tolerate working together.

shugabug23

Chatty Member
Whatever is wrong with Amanda, I think the statement could’ve drawn a line under it and she could’ve moved on with best wishes from everyone (and let’s be honest sighs of relief from some).

Instead it’s vague and specifically doesn’t mention Gio which now has here, DS, Strictly groups, the Fail comments section and Twitter awash with speculation and rumour. It’s really annoyed me. There was just no need for it and I find it petty, whatever the reason.

I’m no Gio stan.. (Gorks stole my heart many moons ago) and really have only seen Amanda in Mr Selfridge so no real opinion on her but I enjoyed them dancing and bought into her “journey”. I am however a huuuuuge fan of the programme & the joy it brings me for 4 months of the year. Strictly the show, deserves more respect than this blithe statement ❤

jfletcher

VIP Member
Loved that jive!
Perhaps we should have a thread about best first dances? This one is up there for me ( apparently the second highest scoring first dance of all time) , and a completely untrained dancer.

---

My other favourite first week dance
Unsurprisingly, I'm going to nominate Danny's. It was the dance that made me love watching Strictly again and you could see the sheer joy on their faces (and the knowledge on Oti's that they were in it for the long run):

• Heart
  • Wow

Auga

Either she's had a furious falling out with Gio, or her partner thinks she's got too close to Gio. I can't see how it's anything else now.

I think it has to be the first one. She would know that completely omitting any reference to him would be picked up on and lead to speculation. So if there had been a bit of romance, she would have chucked in a bland reference such as "and thanks to my patient dance partner".

The complete omission of any reference to Gio smacks of spite and anger, so I think they must have had an absolutely spectacular falling out. It also ties in with those rumours of spats at the start.

I just saw LL also took this polite but vicious jab about Amanda - her pass-agg disappointed tone makes me wonder if she is actually one of the nuns who ran my school:

Amanda: “Well, my mental health is in shreds, my relationship is on the rocks, I can’t stand my dance partner, I am facing daily online abuse and I’m miserable as fuck, but I’ll just put up with it because I’d hate for Bobby Brazier to miss a place in the final on account of me.”

• Haha

maisy24

I think Amanda's husband is very very odd. If you read into how he had his accident he was on BGT hanging upside down in a straight jacket, and basically it went wrong and paralysed himself. They also got engaged within 30 minutes of meeting each other.
Sorry but something isn't right there.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Boring Monday

VIP Member
She called out his smoking, that he stank of cigarettes, that he was a grumpy sod in the mornings and she took the piss which made them both more likeable. He also had to work out how to overcome the not insignificant factor of her being Deaf in how he taught and how they performed which he seemed to do pretty well. Then he realised she was a walking glitter ball and all the insincere I love yous started falling out his mouth which is when I went off them as a pairing.
And when the one analysing their every look said things like … awww the way she looks at him when he’s talking 😍.
yes, that’s literally because she’s concentrating on reading his lips.

• Haha
Reactions: 25