Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Got the YouTube one, also includes the VT before:

Gorgeous dance, great way to honour Len. I will say that Bruno sobbing at the end totally got me.
oh this was beautiful 😭😭 and everyone spoke of him with such love and genuine affection. i wasn’t expecting the spotlight on his chair :( poor bruno.

i agree with others that i think they’ll do a tribute at blackpool - and i would love for a few ex-pros to come back (rather than, no offence, having nikita/vito/lauren and others who wouldn’t have really been judged by him on the show). that routine will take some beating though :(

• Heart
Reactions: 23

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
To whoever mentioned Jake Wood’s dance on week 1, that was a tango. He actually did his stand out dance on Week 2.

---
Just on the friends for life thing 😁 I wonder do many of them stay in touch afterwards with their respective partners.
Very few. Unless you are partnered with Aljaz and Janette. They keep all their partners as total BFFs, fairly wise as they have all come in useful later ( Julian made her wedding dress).

• Haha

Millais

Chatty Member
The bizarre and very specific stats remind me of when football commentators warn us that England haven’t beaten Papua New Guinea away in a light breeze when Neptune is in the seventh house since the Boer War, so we shouldn’t get our hopes up.

• Haha

Tanley

VIP Member
IMO, Amanda would have had a happier Strictly experience had she been paired with JoJo or Graz. Both seem kinder, more patient, and more focused on their celebs enjoying the show. Also, non threatening (imagined or not) to her relationship.

I think her real life partner has had a lot to do with her decision, it must have been very hard to see her being so physically close with someone else. I just hope he wasn’t making home life so difficult that she quit to keep the peace.

I also feel that this may be why she didn’t seem joyful while dancing. She was technically very good, but could have been scared to really throw herself into it. In which case, it’s a real shame that her boyfriend couldn’t have encouraged her. TBH, I don’t have a great impression of him.

Anyway, none of us really know what happened, we will have to wait and see if the whole story comes out at some point.

Last edited:
  • Sad

jfletcher

VIP Member
But even more bonkers is that they actually styled him as Gene Kelly … the Misty Blue AS outfit is pure Kelly.
all Ore got was an umbrella.
He was so perfectly Gene Kelly in that AS. And he went on to play the same role as Gene Kelly in On the Town in 2017. But sure BBC, Ore was the Gene Kelly of that year 🙄

(This dance was sublime. I’m still mad now that Darcey disliked that brilliant leap so much that she kept the dance from getting the perfect score it deserved. Has there ever been another dance that got a 10 from Craig but not one of the other judges?)

• Heart

shugabug23

Chatty Member
Oh it’s too early in the morning to be bawling 😭😭😭 that DWTS tribute was just perfection 👌🏻 The old pros coming back too. Please please strictly have to do something similar at Blackpool surely? Len launched Strictly, come on!

• Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
Hah! I DID remember it correctly.
Thankyou for finding it.
It's still funny.
---

I can't be doing with Cliftons in any shape or form.
They give me the rage.
And Ore cried more than a toy shop full of Tiny Tears dolls in full flow.

I was really disappointed he won.
That was the year I started losing my love for Strictly, it was so obvious the producers were pushing for him to win as the BBC golden boy. And then Stacey and Kevin were the same, she was all over every BBC prog and he was “King Kev”. Ugh. Even typing that has made me a little bit sick in my mouth 🤢
#DannyMacwasrobbed

• Haha
  • Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
My favourite Matt Cutler moment was the bit in Carol Smilie' Strictly video diary where he was showing her the choreography for the dance he and the other male pros were going to do with Girls Aloud and ripping the absolute piss out of it because it was so stilted and awkward 😂
My favourite Matt Cutler moment was him being married to a woman when he is the mayor of gaysville.

• Haha

jfletcher

VIP Member
I’m grouchy so I’m going to moan because I don’t know who’s in charge of stats at Strictly (maybe it’s the same person who deleted them all off wikipedia) but I need them to stop with the meaningless statistics. Tonight it was that Ellie got the highest score they’ve had in week five for a paso and last week it was that Layton had the highest week four score ever.

Earliest perfect score ever - awesome. First ever perfect score for a rumba - let off the confetti when that finally happens. The highest score we’ve had in week six for a quickstep done by someone in a werewolf costume - no.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Geetbo

VIP Member
According to The Lav, Fanny Rat has “the rare ability to bring a spark to the screen.” I’ve literally spent the last hour in bed laughing at the madness on DS.

• Haha

Tiggy23

Rose Ayling-Ellis seemed to fall for him hook, line and sinker. Remember all that gushing after the series they won ended? Where she described him as the best person in the world or something. Her live-in partner - who she quickly got rid of - must have been mortified.
Have to say that is not how I remember it. They certainly seemed to be good friends and got on well together but I never got any 'romantic' vibes from either of them. There was however a few over on DS who were utterly convinced, even months after Strictly had finished, that there was this big romance which for some reason was being kept a secret. Talk about living in a fantasy world, it got a bit stroppy over there for a while..

Last edited:

Open-door

exactly this. it’s the most likeable i’ve ever found gio for that reason - they had a pure sibling vibe and i love that his usual schtik just didn’t work on her and she completely ribbed him for it (in a way that he seemed to find refreshing). i liked them together, but absolutely no romance vibes at all.
I thought this too. Absolutely no sexual/romantic spark and Rose didn't let him pretend otherwise. I do think a genuinely affectionate friendship developed though, and, despite being desperate to win, it made Giovanni far more relaxed and almost diffident at times around her. He came over far better that way and she was great.

• Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Hahaha Gio pointedly being left out of Amanda's post after he didn’t bother his arse to do a goodbye post for Richie :LOL:

That post from Amanda Ouch! I feel like it's a bit of Richie Karma, when Gio barely acknowledged him and if remember correctly didn't do a good bye post for him.

Not even James Jordan and Brendan managed to run a partner off!😬
Jinx 🤣

• Haha

Millais

Chatty Member
GP Vita sounds like some ‘concierge doctor’ service that I’d read about in my parents’ Sunday Times when they interview the incredibly glamorous founder who created it with nothing but a dream of bespoke medical services and the financial backing of her Bahraini oil billionaire father.

• Haha