Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I love it even more as it was his choice on how to end the routine according to Lauren!

I wouldn’t mind him winning right now coz suddenly it’s all got a bit ugly. The comments flying from other celebs, Jonathan Goodwin etc… this is what I was talking about earlier. Amanda, either just come out and say it or don’t but stop this sideshow one way or the other. Shit or get off the pot, as the saying goes

I have to agree. - it's all a bit 'Facebook vague', isn't it? Just need someone to reply with 'U OK Hun?' And she can say 'it's private' 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Geetbo

VIP Member
You just know they’re going to dress Vito up as an octopus or something and ruin the weekend for everyone.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I feel the same. I'm always uncomfortable with talk about someone's partner feeling threatened or someone doing something to keep their partner happy (read - with them). If anything was a red flag for a relationship it's this.

Incidentally I would laugh my arse off is Mr Mabel went in strictly as was partnered with one of the female pros, rather than be threatened. He should be so lucky.

Amanda did seem highly strung to me and with a few tickets on her self, although that might just have been insecurity. Resting bitch face too, but so do I so I won't judge her for that one 🤣
Yes indeed, 😁
And look at Lauren and Krishnan for example. Both happily married afaik. Arms around each other and so forth. No hint of the Strictly curse there imo.

There was a lovely clip of his family plus the dog coming to visit the training room. Aaah, I just love Krishnan and Lauren. I know he isn't the top dancer but my goodness, he is working hard and his sheer enjoyment is something lovely to see.

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Whatever you think of Amanda, she doesn’t owe anyone watching the show and who doesn’t know her personally shit.

She’s put out a public statement. She doesn’t have to say anything more than she has and if that pisses you off, it’s on you.

Reactions: 33

jfletcher

VIP Member
I know there was some chat this week about Strictly backstage drama we weren’t aware of and a clip from an old interview with Jamelia just came up on my FYP where she talks about how the Strictly team would repeatedly tell her that her hair wasn’t elegant, that she needed to relax (permanently straighten) her hair and how she had to do her own hair and make-up each week because there was no one who knew how to do it for her.

As a black woman myself, I’m not surprised but it’s so disappointing that she was dealing with that. It was only in 2015 which wasn’t that long ago - and the same year that Oti joined. I’d love to know how much work Oti had to do to instigate change in the hair and make-up department because I remember her always wearing wigs and weaves in her early years compared to rocking her natural hair in later series.

• Wow
  • Sad

jfletcher

VIP Member
STT is so flat with her and Fleur at the helm it really misses the likes of Rylan and Zoe Ball
I miss Zoe’s sparkly jumpers and fabulous high heeled boots. I used to love seeing what she’d be wearing on that night’s ITT.

ITT has taken a dip in recent years. We’ve gone from Claudia, Zoe and Rylan - all experienced TV presenters - to Janette and Fleur. And I miss things like Waite’s warm-up where we used to get decent analysis of training clips from someone who knew what they were talking about.

• Heart

jfletcher

VIP Member
If Dave can use his supposed mole to get us the dirt on Amanda’s withdrawal, I won’t mock him again this series.

Similarly, if Neil wants to accidentally share some screenshots from whichever pro whatsapp group Gio isn’t part of, I won’t him mock again this week.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
It bothers me though that a randomer can claim something like that was said, and it takes off as gospel truth.

And as I said earlier I have no strong feelings one way or the other about Gio.
Or about Amanda either.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

shugabug23

Chatty Member
What Strictly should be at all times 😍
View attachment 2529355
I love it even more as it was his choice on how to end the routine according to Lauren!

I wouldn’t mind him winning right now coz suddenly it’s all got a bit ugly. The comments flying from other celebs, Jonathan Goodwin etc… this is what I was talking about earlier. Amanda, either just come out and say it or don’t but stop this sideshow one way or the other. Shit or get off the pot, as the saying goes

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Apropos nothing other than it popped up on YT just now. I've decided when I do Strictly my best dance will be a quickstep to Harry Styles As it Was. Harry will sing it too, not one of the appalling Wunnerfuls.
With Giovanni. I will be the one to put the sparkle back in those sad eyes.

• Haha
  • Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
You just know they’re going to dress Vito up as an octopus or something and ruin the weekend for everyone.
I'm still mad about what they did to Nikita last year. They couldn't have just let him be Freddie in a fabulous ascot, nope they had to give us...

bandicam 2023-10-24 16-40-19-266.jpg

this (I'd actually forgotten how bad it was a little piece of my soul died when I went to get the screengrab 😫)

I guess Ellie should count herself lucky they didn't dress her up as Scooby...

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
Unsurprisingly, I'm going to nominate Danny's. It was the dance that made me love watching Strictly again and you could see the sheer joy on their faces (and the knowledge on Oti's that they were in it for the long run):

#DannyMacwasrobbed

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Tanley

VIP Member
Gio works best with partners that aren’t in awe of him, or attracted to him. Like Faye and Rose (I loved both those partnerships). I do think he’s a great dancer, but he doesn’t seem to fit Strictly any more. He let himself down with Richie last year, and now we have Nikita showing everyone how to have a brilliant same sex partnership. Yes I know Layton is a fantastic performer, but I’m talking about the careless attitude Gio had towards Richie. He could have made the whole experience much better for him.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
The DWTS tribute was beautiful and I absolutely sobbed. Poor Bruno was devastated and they shouldn't have shown that once he started breaking down
agreed :( i get it was hard at first because they obviously wanted to show the spotlight on the chair and he was next to it but the poor man was obviously beside himself.

i remember reading an interview with bruno where he said how he, craig and len would always go and get a nightcap together after filming the whole saturday show and i bet the gossip was IMMENSE.

• Heart
View attachment 2528693

Very oddly worded, does make me think that the partner is the most likely cause.

I was quite surprised when Amanda signed up as she didn't seem to be a natural fit for Strictly (the more serious 'actor-y' types rarely are), but I assumed that she was doing it primarily for financial reasons given her fiance's accident/disability.

Potentially there's a situation here where her partner is still coming to terms with severely life-changing injuries, going through the legalities of a lawsuit related to that accident, watching his partner dancing intimately with someone who is known to be a bit of a lothario, added to which she's rumoured to not be getting on too well with her partner and is receiving a lot of online abuse too.

It must have been horrendous. ☹
---
Week 6 dances are out and the Halloween connection for quite a few of these is delightfully tenuous which could be excellent news or terrible.

Adam and Luba: American Smooth to Magic Moments by Perry Como
Annabel and Johannes: Tango to Need U Tonight by INXS
Angela R and Kai: Charleston to Murder She Wrote (TV Theme)
Angela S and Carlos: Paso Doble to BLACK swan SWAN lake by District 78
Bobby and Dianne: Cha Cha to Come-On-A-My-House by Della Reese
Ellie and Vito: Salsa to Murder On The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Krishnan and Lauren: Viennese Waltz to Kiss From A Rose by Seal
Layton and Nikita: Tango to Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo
Nigel and Katya: Cha Cha to I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS
Zara and Graziano: Charleston to Jeepers Creepers by Al Donahue and his Orchestra

If Nigel isn’t wearing full-on Kiss make up, I want my license fee refunded.

• Haha