Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.
Yes there could be something in this.
Sophie Ellis Bextor has said how Strictly affected her marriage. Her husband sulked massively, obsessively questioned her when she got home and would text her constantly and if she didn't reply immediately would 'spiral'. In the end he had to have counselling.
And she was with BRENDAN 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78

Willow9999

Text message from the husband this afternoon “There’s a Strictly person waiting for the same train” ASTONISHING lack of detail. He’s travelling between Yorkshire and Lancashire today. The mind was racing OMG Do Vito and Ellie train up North? Nikita and Layton? Getting very excited and about to ask for a sneaky photo. Next message. Bear in mind he “doesn’t watch it “ It’s the female one who gives the critique on ITT. Joanne frigging Clifton. What a let down! And what detailed knowledge from someone who professes not to watch!

• Haha
Reactions: 59

Millais

Chatty Member
I have to agree. - it's all a bit 'Facebook vague', isn't it? Just need someone to reply with 'U OK Hun?' And she can say 'it's private' 🤣
Jowita: inbox me hun xx
Amanda: just me and my kids from now on hun xx
Katya: ur better off without him prin, 2 many snakes out they’re xxx
Lauren: [Marilyn Monroe JPEG with misattributed quote]

• Haha
Reactions: 55

Tanley

VIP Member
Yes indeed, 😁
And look at Lauren and Krishnan for example. Both happily married afaik. Arms around each other and so forth. No hint of the Strictly curse there imo.

There was a lovely clip of his family plus the dog coming to visit the training room. Aaah, I just love Krishnan and Lauren. I know he isn't the top dancer but my goodness, he is working hard and his sheer enjoyment is something lovely to see.
Absolutely. That shot of Krishnan at the end of Saturday’s dance, arms in the air, joy shining out of his face. That is what I want to see on Strictly. What a wonderful partnership they have.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Random opinion - I really like Lauren. I think she is a good choreographer. A bit like Oti who imo was one of the best female choreographers ( and Katya ).

• Heart
Reactions: 52

glasgow27

VIP Member
Got the YouTube one, also includes the VT before:

Gorgeous dance, great way to honour Len. I will say that Bruno sobbing at the end totally got me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I’ve just skimmed the comments on Amanda’s post and Gio’s post: pretty much the ENTIRETY of the current Strictly cohort (celebs, pros, even Claudia & the Gilk) and countless former contestants (even Craig Kelly!) have posted in support of Amanda.

Gio just has a crying emoji from Michelle Visage, a comment from Lauren, and a comment from Nadiya.

WTF has gone on?!

• Wow
Reactions: 45

daisynoon

Chatty Member
What does she say?

I would imagine that Gio did was what contractually expected (if it was actually him and not one of his PR minions he had hypnotised with Coming A Bit Later Than Expected).
1000012620.jpg

Very oddly worded, does make me think that the partner is the most likely cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Geetbo

VIP Member
Fanny Rat will be munching a rats arsehole in the jungle this time next year. Mark my words.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43

Geetbo

VIP Member
Definitely not an injury then- I agree that it is likely causing issues in her relationship and she has chosen to prioritise that - fair play to her.
I prefer the theory that they’ve fucked and now can’t be in the same room.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Bol85

VIP Member
Just caught up on ITT. I love Johannes, he’s such a gentleman but I don’t love his partnership with Annabel. It’s dulled his sparkle. Johannes was a little bit fabulous but he’s been largely forgettable this series which is sad.

In complete reverse, while I’ve long fancied the pants of Nikita’s face, I’ve found him a little bland in previous series. But this year, he’s something else. He’s so energetic, unfiltered, slightly bonkers. I love him.

It’s funny what the right or wrong or slightly dull partnership will do! I guess that’s where the magic comes from!

I can’t help think with Nikita, he knows they are perhaps unlikely to win so they’ve got nothing to lose in chucking the entire kitchen sink & all their energy at each dance. He can push him to his limits. I also think he’s found a genuine mate in Layton, they’ve got such an easy vibe about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

ProfessorColdheart

I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.
Yeah, its been a tough situation for them right at the start of their relationship. I've wondered how it must feel for both of them that he must still be adjusting to his new physical situation and she's there onstage being very physical dancing. I'd probably feel some guilt if I was her (not that she should, I just think it would be natural to feel it). I've noticed Gio is all over her kissing and touching her which I think is just how some of the dancers are but it might be hard to take for both of them. Clearly everyone is aware of the "curse".

I've actually got a lot of respect for her decision if it is to do with her relationship. If she knows that Strictly is just a bubble and she feels it more important to focus on her real life and her primary relationships thats a really healthy thing to do and a brave thing to do in a judgmental world. If she has been carried away with her feelings or tempted, IMO there's always a choice to step away from that temptation. Might not be a popular view but I respect her prioritising herself and her personal life, for whatever reason. Everyone should be allowed to do that without judgement or explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

BDY_97

VIP Member
If you are a long time fan of Strictly I would suggest watching the entire video. They brought back a lot of the original pros from the early days of the show and I think this was genuinely the most moving tribute I have ever seen. Seeing the pros and Bruno so upset at the end was heartbreaking 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 41