Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ablemabel

VIP Member
Have to say that is not how I remember it. They certainly seemed to be good friends and got on well together but I never got any 'romantic' vibes from either of them. There was however a few over on DS who were utterly convinced, even months after Strictly had finished, that there was this big romance which for some reason was being kept a secret. Talk about living in a fantasy world, it got a bit stroppy over there for a while..
Same. I think Rose was quite switched on and could see him for what he was. She was always teasing him/taking the piss which I found endearing and it was clearly a surprise to him too as he couldn't do the full on ick around her and get the usual reaction. I really liked them together Because I think she neutralised his nonsense.

Reactions: 31

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Absolutely. I never saw any spark between them at all.
She treated him like a slightly annoying brother or friend. Nothing else, imo.
exactly this. it’s the most likeable i’ve ever found gio for that reason - they had a pure sibling vibe and i love that his usual schtik just didn’t work on her and she completely ribbed him for it (in a way that he seemed to find refreshing). i liked them together, but absolutely no romance vibes at all.

Reactions: 30

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I know everything is on fire just now, but I've gotta tell you that mr kcc has just said kai "looks old enough to be angela's son" 💀

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
When it comes to weirdo partners Johannes has had a really rough deal. Cake beg Cath, general weirdo Caroline, stalker John and now Antivax Annabel. Bless him.

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I was thinking the same.

Let’s be honest, he probably only did a post about Amanda because his PR team advised him to. Gotta think about the upcoming launch of Eau de Desperation 🫤
Yes … he’s got damage limitation to do, both for Gio coming a bit later than expected and his Strictly gig. To have an issue with 2 partners on the trot tips from misfortune to carelessness … and even if he is planning to leave Strictly he will want to do it on an amicable basis. Treat Strictly right, and you can come back for things and ITT appearances. Go off in a huff and you are left in Panto in Swansea, shouting on Twitter or having a bit of an ice skate.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
I know he bangs on about it sometimes but God...they really sign Ann Widdecome and give her to him as a dance partner 😭
I know Anton's somewhat devisive, but I do think one of his strengths is he clearly couldn't care less about winning or having duffer partners. He might have to begin with, I suppose, but he definitely just embraced the chaos as time went on, and it's served him well.

I get a similar vibe from Katya, tbh, although she's done significantly better overall. She's had more partners who were at least willing to do their best even if their best wasn't great, and she's got some great performances out of them.

However, I think she's mostly just having fun rather than worrying too much about winning. Nigel's a contender but has had a couple of minor disasters and she doesn't seem to care a bit, where someone like Brendan or, yes, probably Gio, would get arsey about it.

Chita

VIP Member
That was the year I started losing my love for Strictly, it was so obvious the producers were pushing for him to win as the BBC golden boy. And then Stacey and Kevin were the same, she was all over every BBC prog and he was “King Kev”. Ugh. Even typing that has made me a little bit sick in my mouth 🤢
#DannyMacwasrobbed

What did it for me was they totally ignored the fact that Danny Mac was dark haired and handsome and was an awesome dancer who people were comparing to Gene Kelly in looks and ability.

Not only did they ignore it, they went and gave Tiny Tears a Gene Kelly dance to do and brought over Gene Kelly's widow to watch the bloody thing.
Utter bastards.
I was furious.

Weirdly, I'd never heard of or seen Danny Mac before Strictly and when I saw him I thought he was going to be big headed, cocky and arrogant.
He was none of those things and his dancing was sublime. I quickly became a fan.

He was indeed robbed.

Geetbo

VIP Member
I think she pranked him yesterday by jumping out and scaring him or something like that and this was probably his way of getting her back. It just shows he has quite a childish mindset imo that shoving her face into his ass was some kind of payback.
I’m really hoping Dianne works her magic and he’s out before the final.

• Haha

KeriRhys

VIP Member
Apologies for scrolling through the Daily Fail. :(

Poor Graz is being back chatted by Zara, he is overworking her, whilst he is sitting down watching her.

Who is the one who needs to learn and perfect the steps? Well it ain't Graz, that's for sure.

Even more poignant when Graz posts a pic of his wife with the song 'How long will I love you' and the message 'Missing my princess'.

I think the day has got to him. Never mind Graz it should all be over come saturday night. ;)
Graz deserves a separate glitter ball purely for trying to teach Zara to Charleston...I imagine its been a challenging week...

• Haha

louseylou

VIP Member
I know there was some chat this week about Strictly backstage drama we weren’t aware of and a clip from an old interview with Jamelia just came up on my FYP where she talks about how the Strictly team would repeatedly tell her that her hair wasn’t elegant, that she needed to relax (permanently straighten) her hair and how she had to do her own hair and make-up each week because there was no one who knew how to do it for her.

As a black woman myself, I’m not surprised but it’s so disappointing that she was dealing with that. It was only in 2015 which wasn’t that long ago - and the same year that Oti joined. I’d love to know how much work Oti had to do to instigate change in the hair and make-up department because I remember her always wearing wigs and weaves in her early years compared to rocking her natural hair in later series.
I'm sorry but if you can't work with all skin types/ tones or hair types maybe working on hair and make up for a television show isn't for you.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
The DWTS tribute to Len was gorgeous and really puts Strictly to shame if they don’t do a dance for him. He may have left the show but most people still associated him with Strictly, at least in the UK, and he was a major part of it

• Heart

soccergirl

VIP Member
Omg I am BEGGING Richie to make it a Quadrifecta (is that a thing?)

(As I said, Ranvir NEVER comments on Strictly stuff, never acknowledges Gio, so this is... significant)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow

Libbub

VIP Member
I'm sure its all been said before but Amanda only met Jonathan in 2021 and within weeks they were engaged then he has this accident that sees him paralysed. Its all very new. I reckon she's got all carried away with her feelings etc and he's seeing her drooling all over Giovanni. Que unhappy situation at home. Just my take on it. Its odd no reason has been given. So I think it's something very personal.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
The DWTS tribute to Len was gorgeous and really puts Strictly to shame if they don’t do a dance for him. He may have left the show but most people still associated him with Strictly, at least in the UK, and he was a major part of it
They’ll probably do that on blackpool night, as that was his spiritual home

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
IMO, Amanda would have had a happier Strictly experience had she been paired with JoJo or Graz. Both seem kinder, more patient, and more focused on their celebs enjoying the show. Also, non threatening (imagined or not) to her relationship.

I think her real life partner has had a lot to do with her decision, it must have been very hard to see her being so physically close with someone else. I just hope he wasn’t making home life so difficult that she quit to keep the peace.

I also feel that this may be why she didn’t seem joyful while dancing. She was technically very good, but could have been scared to really throw herself into it. In which case, it’s a real shame that her boyfriend couldn’t have encouraged her. TBH, I don’t have a great impression of him.

Anyway, none of us really know what happened, we will have to wait and see if the whole story comes out at some point.
Kai is another who I would put in that category.

• Heart