Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think there was a rift! It’s strange …I saw in the DM someone commented that her hubby found out that something was going on between the two of them…who knows could all be speculation! She was v good shame we won’t see more of her dancing

Reactions: 13
Perhaps Rose Ayling-Ellis was kicking off about Amanda dancing with Gio so Amanda decided that she didn't need the hassle.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just catching up...I'm not overly gutted that Amanda is gone, and I don't mind a three person final!

They've maybe not announced why she's withdrawn because she's asked them not too?
And to go against the grain slightly...it seems a bit harsh to automatically blame Giovanni! Fair enough they didn't appear to be best buddies, but they had some good dances and seemed to be training hard.
Maybe she is struggling with her MH, maybe her partners not keeping well? Maybe it's so much harder than she anticipated and can't be arsed to keep going... it could be any number of reasons not related to Giovanni

I do love this forum, but a lot of the time the pros seemed to get the blame for a celeb not living up to expectations...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I started listening to Johannes’s book on a long drive today and hearing him talk about the challenges he faced growing up makes me admire his self-confidence and caring spirit even more than I already did.
Does he read it himself ? He has the most easy to listen to voice. Might have to download.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps Rose Ayling-Ellis was kicking off about Amanda dancing with Gio so Amanda decided that she didn't need the hassle.
As ever, Rose would very much like to be excluded from this narrative 😅

I actually live for her wishing everyone luck at the start of the season, then promptly being on holiday/out out almost every Saturday night after that and never mentioning it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Maybe its something to do with her partners ( real life not gio) health? We know he is in a wheelchair but think he also has lits of other issues as a result of the stunt that went wrong

She seems reasonable on the Amanda thread, not come across her posts on any other threads but I rather felt the other posters baying for her blood for her "hateful" comments were being OTT.

I don't really understand how Amanda ended up on the show when she hates drag so much and thinks it's traumatising for children - must have been hard for her to stand in front of Craig, a pantomime dame every week.
The only thing I'm going to say on this is, nope she's she not anti drag. She says sexualised drag acts in front of kids, just cos the parents want to see an adult act is inappropriate. And also a 12 year old boy performing in sexualised drag dance infront of adults is wrong. She has no problem with drag. Her son is/was in 'everyone Jamie'.

I'm kind of sorry to see her go because she's a talented dancer but couldn't chill out in her dancing and I would have liked to have seen that change, to see a full rounded enjoyable performance rather than execute steps perfectly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I’ve done both & loved both! The live tour is better if you particularly enjoyed the celebs that year. I went one year where I hadn’t really felt that bothered by any of the celebs & enjoyed it but not as much as other years! The pro tour is amazing if you enjoy watching the pro dances!
It’s worth noting that there is a lot of Neil in the Pro Tour…. And he’s actually okay. 😬😬
I am embarrassed to admit I came away from the pro tour actually quite liking Neil. 😳

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
this is one of my fave pro dances - mainly because of jojo and his drop kick . Absolute standout performance imo :)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Does he read it himself ? He has the most easy to listen to voice. Might have to download.
Yes he does and he’s got such a nice voice to listen to. I’m really enjoying it so far and it’s such an interesting insight into everything that went in to him getting to where he is today.

• Heart
Just catching up...I'm not overly gutted that Amanda is gone, and I don't mind a three person final!

They've maybe not announced why she's withdrawn because she's asked them not too?
And to go against the grain slightly...it seems a bit harsh to automatically blame Giovanni! Fair enough they didn't appear to be best buddies, but they had some good dances and seemed to be training hard.
Maybe she is struggling with her MH, maybe her partners not keeping well? Maybe it's so much harder than she anticipated and can't be arsed to keep going... it could be any number of reasons not related to Giovanni

I do love this forum, but a lot of the time the pros seemed to get the blame for a celeb not living up to expectations...
I agree.
I would say too that the whole experience is much more full on than anyone could anticipate.

Cameras on you constantly, media running with every tale they can come up with.
And that's before you step foot in a training room or onto the floor on Saturday night.

Reactions: 12
Youngest Peas is besides themselves with joy every time Les appears in the opening credits :LOL:
I reckon it’s because he looks comfortingly like someone’s grandpa dancing. Or at times, someone’s grandpa struggling not to fall over on an icy pavement.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes he does and he’s got such a nice voice to listen to. I’m really enjoying it so far and it’s such an interesting insight into everything that went in to him getting to where he is today.
I’ll def download, thanks for the info.

Reactions: 2
It's sad that the Strictly experience didn't work out for her. Sometimes it's not all sparkles and smiles. I wish Amanda well

Reactions: 20
I could listen to him reading the dictionary. His voice is soooooo beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.