Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may not have had anything to do with her reason to leave…but it must have been so hard for Amanda’s partner to see her dance with Gio. It’s not really that long since his accident and the dances they did were so intimate, I can’t help but think it maybe impacted heavily on him.

I’m not sure why Gio came back either to be honest, you’ve got the newer pros who are really enthusiastic, vibrant and what Strictly should be about and then you’ve got Gorka, Karen and Gio moping around like they would rather be anywhere else
I think you might be onto something. They were together before his accident. A dramatic change of lifestyle for them both. She did say a couple of weeks back that she ‘ felt like a woman again’ must be so tough for them both and as mentioned upthread there is a law suit pending regarding his accident. A lot for any couple to deal with. Who knows and maybe we never will but she obviously felt she couldn’t continue for whatever reason.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I sometimes watch Andre Rieu when I'm at my mum's as we're savages who like to snark at the enraptured weirdos in the crowd and the whole weird spectacle of it all. I'm wondering why our Andre has never performed on Strictly? He strikes me as perfect granny bait while a handful of pros awkwardly waft around him smugly playing his violin.

Michelle can bring her cello

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I sometimes watch Andre Rieu when I'm at my mum's as we're savages who like to snark at the enraptured weirdos in the crowd and the whole weird spectacle of it all. I'm wondering why our Andre has never performed on Strictly? He strikes me as perfect granny bait while a handful of pros awkwardly waft around him smugly playing his violin.

Michelle can bring her cello
He's been on Strictly a few times, 3 or 4 I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If we're still posting our fave dances, Danny and Oti's American Smooth is my absolute favourite. Super romantic.

Reactions: 7
Had to sit through an awful Andre Rieu documentary once about a decade ago. On that basis, I'd rather watch Neil & Dianne do another results show street dance than have him appear again.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh, my bad!

Can we have him back for a fiddle then?
Only reason I even know is because my mam is a fan.

The one upside to him being on the show is you normally get a lovely ballroom pro dance to go along with it.

Reactions: 3
If we’re sharing glorious dances, I defy you to watch this and not wish you’d never purchased a tv.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
If we’re sharing glorious dances, I defy you to watch this and not wish you’d never purchased a tv.

So many brilliant things - Carol's bizarre face, skin tight trousers, bad singing - in the first few seconds. I need a compilation of all the bad dances now please!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So many brilliant things - Carol's bizarre face, skin tight trousers, bad singing - in the first few seconds. I need a compilation of all the bad dances now please!!
Just search for anything by Fiona Phillips. They’re all amazing due to the burning hatred her and Brendan had for each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

The Vorderumba!!! Cursed dance.

God, remember when the couples used to enter the dancefloor like a proper competition and not start already entangled in whatever ugly MDF prop encapsulates this week's unnecessary theme?

Reactions: 14
James Jordan claims Nigel's dance was a 4 and Layton's dance was a 6. Does he have a bee in his bonnet about ringers or what? Seems really strange to me, those are unusually low scores.
James Jordan is just a bleep

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Does he bring his weird, grinning, crinoline ladies with him? I’ve seemingly blocked his SCD appearances from memory.
They're one of the weirdest bits of his shows. Also how everybody looks off their face like he's pumping out drugs into the atmosphere.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This may not have had anything to do with her reason to leave…but it must have been so hard for Amanda’s partner to see her dance with Gio. It’s not really that long since his accident and the dances they did were so intimate, I can’t help but think it maybe impacted heavily on him.

I’m not sure why Gio came back either to be honest, you’ve got the newer pros who are really enthusiastic, vibrant and what Strictly should be about and then you’ve got Gorka, Karen and Gio moping around like they would rather be anywhere else

Funnily enough, I had much of the same thoughts. I didn’t have strong feelings about Amanda, she certainly could dance, but I found her a little on the chilly side – technically proficient, but without any ‘ooomph.’

However, I can’t imagine how it must’ve felt to her previously physically active and dynamic husband to see her dancing like that with Gio, full on foof-in-face and a near snog at the end of a dance. Must’ve made things at home at least slightly awkward I’d have thought unless he’s very secure in himself.

Reactions: 13
The Vorderumba!!! Cursed dance.

God, remember when the couples used to enter the dancefloor like a proper competition and not start already entangled in whatever ugly MDF prop encapsulates this week's unnecessary theme?

I loved it when they were ‘announced’ on to the floor, then curtsied/bowed at the end of the dance (rather than jumping around screaming ‘Woooooooo!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! You nailed it!!!!!!’)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Here is one .. Anton and Ann Widdicombe ( being flung about)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Just search for anything by Fiona Phillips. They’re all amazing due to the burning hatred her and Brendan had for each other.
Ah, remember the days of Brendan telling Fiona Phillips she was probably “a crap shag”.

None of the current mawkish ‘You have brought such joy to my life, friends forever blah blah blah’ cack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.