Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Amanda said at the start that she’s naturally very shy and I think that plays a huge part and she ends up coming across as distant/cold/aloof. She certainly doesn’t come across as warm and friendly anyway.
If Amanda is shy then I'm next in line to be the Pope.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
LadyLav's take on the fanny cologne ad (after a night of screaming into her pillow):

Stunning picture, they've clearly thought about the brand image for this launch.
She says it's a 'fragrance and lifestyle brand'

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just looked up that Harry guy and apparently he's 25 - how young is his partner if he's too old for her???

Also, Artem's choreography was always "random twirling about out of hold" even in the days when he used to get constant smoke blown up his arse on Strictly.
She's just turned 18 a couple of months ago. Apparently all he's 'famous' for is being a womanizer on some trashy reality dating show, so it's a bit ridiculous internet weirdos are shipping him with a young Mormon girl.

I haven't actually seen any of the series of Strictly he did, other than a few clips on youtube. I guess I view him as one of the top tier pros on DWTS because half of them can barely even dance adequately let alone choreograph, maybe I've been wrong in assuming he was that much better 😂

Bit rich of Gio to suggest there wasn't enough Cha Cha in Layton's dance, I seem to recall a lot of random disco moves and little else in Richie's...

Not that choreography for a borderline duffer can really be compared to choreography for a ringer, tbf, but so far as I can tell, Layton's Cha Cha followed the standard model of '70 seconds of proper dancing, 20 seconds of faffing' most routines do, so not sure what he's complaining about. It's not like Layton's likely to outdo Amanda in the votes anyway.

Reactions: 11
She's just turned 18 a couple of months ago. Apparently all he's 'famous' for is being a womanizer on some trashy reality dating show, so it's a bit ridiculous internet weirdos are shipping him with a young Mormon girl.

I haven't actually seen any of the series of Strictly he did, other than a few clips on youtube. I guess I view him as one of the top tier pros on DWTS because half of them can barely even dance adequately let alone choreograph, maybe I've been wrong in assuming he was that much better 😂
I think it's a controversial opinion, but I always thought Artem's choreography was tit and the way he was held up like he was a genius really annoyed me

DWTS are hiring children as professional dancers now???

(I know 18 isn't a child but someone that young is surely hardly qualified to be teaching people to dance for a TV show?)

How old was AJ when he started on Strictly?

Reactions: 2
Is Gio a bit bitter that Nikita is doing so well with Layton and bringing a different flavour to Strictly that he couldn’t achieve with Ritchie?
With the best will in the world, Ritchie would never have been great. He was too frantic.

I see Layton is whining that the judges judge him harsher because of his West End background. he got three 9's and a 10 for goodness sake. Did he expect 40. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Gio is probably fummin that the only people who fancy him now are Bon Marche shoppers like Lady Lav.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
With the best will in the world, Ritchie would never have been great. He was too frantic.

I see Layton is whining that the judges judge him harsher because of his West End background. he got three 9's and a 10 for goodness sake. Did he expect 40. :rolleyes:
He's a bit of a diva, he's flamboyant but it is very very obvious that he has danced to entertain before, something that the likes of Krishnan have never done.

I notice on ITT footage that he said he was struggling this week!!! Only for us to see by Saturday that he has completely nailed it. The usual ringers strategy which is wearing a bit thin.

The producers seem to be giving celeb friendly dances to the couples they don't want to lose to a dance off.

Angela R - Very slooooow dances
Layton - Latin and upbeat. He will have a CC before he has a ballroom dance

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
i’m sure AJ was 20/21. and he definitely lacked experience as i’m sure i remember that he had never actually danced the AT ever until he did with claudia (one of the most undermarked routines ever). though admittedly i guess a lot of the pros don’t really need to do it until they’re on the show.

i know he’s sorta ruined his reputation now but i honestly thought his teaching style/partnering skills were impressive considering his age. he must regret leaving as they were surely setting him up to be there for the long haul.

Reactions: 18
Gio has no right to comment on Layton when his Latin choreo for Richie was truly tit and he was so uninterested.

And really, his work last week with Amanda wasn't exactly setting the ground alight either, it felt like a rerun of the Foxtrots he did with people like Michelle & Debbie. Is he perhaps not jealous of Layton, but Nikita?? Younger, much fresher talent and more exciting choreographer...

Reactions: 20
The producers seem to be giving celeb friendly dances to the couples they don't want to lose to a dance off.

yep. i think angela is going to run out first though tbh. nikita has more options to play with in choreographing ballroom to try and suit layton, whereas kai is gonna be short of options once they hit a salsa.

Reactions: 7

Ah, I didn’t see him as whining about it … just an acceptance that his ringerness is taken into account … and if the judges do mark the celebs against themselves and their own performance rather than the rest of the celebs he’s not actually wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I think it's a controversial opinion, but I always thought Artem's choreography was tit and the way he was held up like he was a genius really annoyed me

DWTS are hiring children as professional dancers now???

(I know 18 isn't a child but someone that young is surely hardly qualified to be teaching people to dance for a TV show?)

I believe AJ was 23?

Her celeb's so tit and most likely not putting much effort in that I doubt a more experienced pro would be able to do much more, but yeah I do think it's slightly ridiculous. She was obviously hired just because Lindsay was one of the most popular pros and has left to be a Mommy Influencer, and because they're hoping to get her Gen Z TikTok followers watching. It seems the producers are too stupid to understand that the Gen Z TikTok types aren't actually going to watch the show and give them higher ratings, they're just going to watch the one dance they're interested in on their phones.

I just hope they don't give her a good celeb until/unless she improves.

Reactions: 3
He's a bit of a diva, he's flamboyant but it is very very obvious that he has danced to entertain before, something that the likes of Krishnan have never done.

I notice on ITT footage that he said he was struggling this week!!! Only for us to see by Saturday that he has completely nailed it. The usual ringers strategy which is wearing a bit thin.

I think a lot of the celebs this week have lucked out with the dance choice … Eddie gets an official go at the samba, Annabel gets Charleston after jive (which seems to be a definite thing this year), Amanda gets the Cha Cha after a rhumba which, if the pros are to be believed from years back is a good thing … same leg action but faster … Zara keeps in hold and Adam has his CC

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Gio has no right to comment on Layton when his Latin choreo for Richie was truly tit and he was so uninterested.

And really, his work last week with Amanda wasn't exactly setting the ground alight either, it felt like a rerun of the Foxtrots he did with people like Michelle & Debbie. Is he perhaps not jealous of Layton, but Nikita?? Younger, much fresher talent and more exciting choreographer...
I'm sure that's true. But given that he is barely interested he can't really blame anyone. I think there's some weirdness with him and Vito too: I wonder if he feels threatened by a new Italian guy coming in and winning over lots of people (including some of his Beryls) in a way that Graziano didn't...

Reactions: 6
Her celeb's so tit and most likely not putting much effort in that I doubt a more experienced pro would be able to do much more, but yeah I do think it's slightly ridiculous.
I wish Cheryl or Sharna were around to kick him into shape!

Keeping on-topic for Strictly - I think whilst we need new pros, you're really best hiring 20-somethings. AJ Pritchard was the youngest ever who got a celeb but that's fine because he had the training and teaching ability to do it. Cameron on the other hand was so out of his depth. An 18 year old should never be considered for either show, simply not enough life experience never mind their dancing.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure that's true. But given that he is barely interested he can't really blame anyone. I think there's some weirdness with him and Vito too: I wonder if he feels threatened by a new Italian guy coming in and winning over lots of people (including some of his Beryls) in a way that Graziano didn't...
I think there’s an odd vibe between Gio and Vito. Maybe Gio does feel a bit threatened. Vito is by far a better dancer than Gio, having seen both of them perform live, but so very different personality wise. Having said that I just don’t think Gio really cares about being friends with people who can’t progress his career as he hasn’t got time for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think there’s an odd vibe between Gio and Vito. Maybe Gio does feel a bit threatened. Vito is by far a better dancer than Gio, having seen both of them perform live, but so very different personality wise. Having said that I just don’t think Gio really cares about being friends with people who can’t progress his career as he hasn’t got time for them.
I think Gio has known him for a while though . Pasquale is the one who is like a brother to Vito though. I think the Italian crowd have all known each other for years - Arduino, Luba, Gio, Graz, Vito and Nikita. Add in some of the Burn the Floor folks including Jowita and Kai’s ex Giulia, who’s known Luba, Gio and Arduino since childhood. Italy has a lot to answer for in Strictly history.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.