Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen Amanda described as the Amandroid and will be using that name forever.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Am I still allowed on this thread if I say I quite like Amanda’s dancing? 🫣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
honestly i like her dancing too - she is technically very good and very lyrical with her movements. i just can’t fully connect with it all for some reason. there’s just no joy to it, if that makes sense. but objectively, it looks great.

i don’t know if this makes sense i haven’t had coffee yet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ah, there’s nothing wrong with her dancing as such. Technically it’s very competent … it’s just that it’s a bit soulless and precise for me.

(found Gio’s comment about Layton’s Cha Cha on ITT … what he did, he did very well … a bit handbags).

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I agree with you, I really hate how Strictly obviously goes kerching! when somebody is grieving. It feels invasive and insincere.

Slight merail: All this Jade talk reminded me - I had an op on my cervix earlier this year and went for my test of cure today. All looked good and I'm just waiting on results. It did make me realise though, her death was so very pertinent in campaigning and raising awareness for cervical screening. I'm not saying there's a way to celebrate that through dance, but that is a great legacy in a tragic and needless death.
---

Christ, what poor sod deserves the punishment of dancing with that nasty little fucker?
Jeremy Kyle has Philth energy.

Amanda is one of those people who if you knew her in real life I feel like you would just never know what mood she would be in/how she would react. One of those people you sort of avoid or have to walk on eggshells around because one day they’re chummy and your best friend and the next they’re cold and distant.

Whoever said her dance the other week was like watching two people getting off at the office Christmas party was spot on

Reactions: 5
Ah, there’s nothing wrong with her dancing as such. Technically it’s very competent … it’s just that it’s a bit soulless and precise for me.

(found Gio’s comment about Layton’s Cha Cha on ITT … what he did, he did very well … a bit handbags).
It was very “Great gowns, beautiful gowns." (Aretha Franklin when asked about Taylor Swift. The shade.)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It was very “Great gowns, beautiful gowns." (Aretha Franklin when asked about Taylor Swift. The shade.)
We’re going to concentrate on the technique

(Yeah, but I’d rather watch Layton being flung into splits than trying to catch if Amanda managed to brush her heels correctly ‘cos I’m a philistine).

Reactions: 10
Amanda is one of those people who if you knew her in real life I feel like you would just never know what mood she would be in/how she would react. One of those people you sort of avoid or have to walk on eggshells around because one day they’re chummy and your best friend and the next they’re cold and distant.

Whoever said her dance the other week was like watching two people getting off at the office Christmas party was spot on
This! She is a good dancer but it does nothing for me.

Reactions: 3

To me, she gives off the vibe of a Prefect who didn’t quite make Head Girl, so she goes round being super jobsworth (button your blazer, bags over the right shoulder, tie your shoelace) to prove she‘s the best and they made a mistake.
(See Miss Ballas, Layton might have done a flashy pot stirrer, but I brushed through with the heels correctly, that makes us best doesn’t it. We’ve done the fundamentals first).

• Haha
Reactions: 20
To me, she gives off the vibe of a Prefect who didn’t quite make Head Girl, so she goes round being super jobsworth (button your blazer, bags over the right shoulder, tie your shoelace) to prove she‘s the best and they made a mistake.
She so does.

With Ange R as Head Girl smiling indulgently at the peasants.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just don't feel like Amanda gets any enjoyment from dancing at all and it shows.

Reactions: 9
I just don't feel like Amanda gets any enjoyment from dancing at all and it shows.
Yes, I think that's it.

And I don't take any notice of the pros and celebs hugging and all the rest of it but she and Gio - as someone put it on the previous thread - it's like they do a PowerPoint presentation beforehand deciding how they will interact with each other.

Hand on knee, arm around waist, kiss cheek.
Repeat.

What was all the kissing about with Amanda and Giovanni. He seems very sleazy to me
---
Agreed.

I'm not keen on a couples choice framed around his mum. He was tiny, his memories of her must be scant and it's mawkish.

He's also, what, 20? Can he not just have an experience without a personal tragedy being pedalled out for votes? That's no criticism of him btw, rather the show (if indeed it's on the cards).

(I watched Jade in BB3 and the calamitous CBB and she died the day after my middle son was born. Tragic - absolutely tragic. However can we not mine every tragedy for TV votes? And with Amy's situation, just no)
He said in an interview that he doesn’t really remember her if I remember correctly, therefore doesn’t miss her. There’s no harm in that, my aunt passed away and I have an uncle who pedals that his son misses her terribly, he was 14 months when she died. It angers me to no end

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is Gio a bit bitter that Nikita is doing so well with Layton and bringing a different flavour to Strictly that he couldn’t achieve with Ritchie?

I know Amanda said at the start that she’s naturally very shy and I think that plays a huge part and she ends up coming across as distant/cold/aloof. She certainly doesn’t come across as warm and friendly anyway.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.