Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only thing I can give Bobby his due on is his approach to his mum. I’ve lost count of the amount of interviews I’ve seen now where they’ve mentioned how proud she would be etc and she’s kept it really casual and expertly flipped it to a “my whole family is proud” vibe.

He could easily milk it to the high heavens, and of course it HAS played a part in his career, but I appreciate the approach he’s opted for

Everything else about him is annoying tho
Agreed.

I'm not keen on a couples choice framed around his mum. He was tiny, his memories of her must be scant and it's mawkish.

He's also, what, 20? Can he not just have an experience without a personal tragedy being pedalled out for votes? That's no criticism of him btw, rather the show (if indeed it's on the cards).

(I watched Jade in BB3 and the calamitous CBB and she died the day after my middle son was born. Tragic - absolutely tragic. However can we not mine every tragedy for TV votes? And with Amy's situation, just no)

Reactions: 15
If Bobby wants to dedicate a song to his mother it's fine with me. She's still his mother whether she died yesterday or 20 years ago. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
'It's got a bold Mediterranean sensuality reminiscent of Dolce and Gabbana. They make an attractive pair'. Babe, it looks like a poor woman's 365 Days meets Mills and Boon
There was honestly more chemistry between Les and Nancy 😆 I thought selling a sexy moment was supposed to be his speciality?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Shirley was apparently trying to encourage Jeremy Kyle to take part in the show, I'm surprised the BBC let her say that - surely he's too controversial for them!

DWTS had Jerry Springer though so why not?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Agreed.

I'm not keen on a couples choice framed around his mum. He was tiny, his memories of her must be scant and it's mawkish.

He's also, what, 20? Can he not just have an experience without a personal tragedy being pedalled out for votes? That's no criticism of him btw, rather the show (if indeed it's on the cards).

(I watched Jade in BB3 and the calamitous CBB and she died the day after my middle son was born. Tragic - absolutely tragic. However can we not mine every tragedy for TV votes? And with Amy's situation, just no)
I agree with you, I really hate how Strictly obviously goes kerching! when somebody is grieving. It feels invasive and insincere.

Slight merail: All this Jade talk reminded me - I had an op on my cervix earlier this year and went for my test of cure today. All looked good and I'm just waiting on results. It did make me realise though, her death was so very pertinent in campaigning and raising awareness for cervical screening. I'm not saying there's a way to celebrate that through dance, but that is a great legacy in a tragic and needless death.
---
Shirley was apparently trying to encourage Jeremy Kyle to take part in the show, I'm surprised the BBC let her say that - surely he's too controversial for them!

DWTS had Jerry Springer though so why not?
Christ, what poor sod deserves the punishment of dancing with that nasty little fucker?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Dont get me wrong I quite like Bobby but not sute keen on his partnership and Dianne even though I like them both. Also not looking forward to inevitable couples choice which will see them lift the glitterball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
yep - it was last request i think, which is actually an incredibly beautiful song to dance to and could make a gorgeous routine (provided paolo himself sings it 🤣)

i can only agree again re bobby. i feel a bit for dianne as he doesn’t come across as the easiest person in the world to teach (unless it’s a dance he’s decided that he enjoys).
It’s one of my all time favourite songs and I have a huuuuge middle aged crush on Paolo. Adore him. None of the singers are fit to lick his boots!

Reactions: 8
Dianne‘s choreo is weak. I don’t feel she gets the best out of her partners. Saturday night the dance was so boring I kept expecting something to happen.

Reactions: 10
I believe Adam has had to miss training due to being struck down by a cold.

It's Mardy Mellor 2: He's Back! And This Time He's Not Fine!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I've rewatched the Disney 100 number and I like it so much more now. I expected something big and flashy for Disney's 100th Birthday so my initial reaction was to be disappointed because it was so slow and the costumes were so drab, but actually it's a really lovely ballroom number, and I loved the instrumental version of the Disney themes, especially Pocahontas, which I'd resigned myself to never being able to be used on DWTS/Strictly for obvious reasons

and I appreciate it so much more after DWTS tried to sell me a Honda... 😭 😭 😭

Reactions: 4

I've rewatched the Disney 100 number and I like it so much more now. I expected something big and flashy for Disney's 100th Birthday so my initial reaction was to be disappointed because it was so slow and the costumes were so drab, but actually it's a really lovely ballroom number, and I loved the instrumental version of the Disney themes, especially Pocahontas, which I'd resigned myself to never being able to be used on DWTS/Strictly for obvious reasons

and I appreciate it so much more after DWTS tried to sell me a Honda... 😭 😭 😭

Pretty sure the same choreographer did that DWTS number and the one with Vito & Nikita on SCD this week. The DWTS number was cute for including Val & Jenna's baby though.

Just like SCD movie week, the dancing was overpowered by themes and some of the choreo was a bit tragic as a result, but they eliminated a celeb who is a convicted abuser so I'm quite happy with that outcome. And we've got a lovely tribute to Len next week - SCD should take note

Reactions: 3
Pretty sure the same choreographer did that DWTS number and the one with Vito & Nikita on SCD this week. The DWTS number was cute for including Val & Jenna's baby though.
😲 Well I suppose the 3 seconds of dancing they did amongst all the other tit wasn't bad 😂 I did like Alfonso and Julianne interacting with the audience, that was fun.

Baby Rome was cute, I wonder why no baby Nikita too? Maybe just because she's younger.

Just like SCD movie week, the dancing was overpowered by themes and some of the choreo was a bit tragic as a result
Alyson's Jazz was so bizarre I'm only half joking when I say I wonder if there's something actually wrong with Sasha this year. Why did he choreograph a Charleston and call it a Jazz? I'm so confused.

Rylee literally just lazily reusing her sister's choreography was insane. She didn't even try to hide it. 😂 Can't believe people are voting for Harry, he makes Tony Adams look like Fred Astaire. And the showmance thing is gross, he's too old for her.

The standard is so low this year I'm not sure I'll bother watching the whole thing, just the dances on youtube. Even Daniella and Artem choreographed a Foxtrot/Waltz that was almost all just random twirling around out of hold and they've got the best dancers 😭 I didn't used to hate a floor spin in a ballroom dance, but I'm starting to now after I've been plagued by so many the last few weeks, on both SCD and DWTS.

I did like Mauricio's a lot, even though the music was ridiculously wrong for a Paso. Emma dressed up as a broom and him doing serious Paso face with his little Sorcerer Mickey ears and hat on was just so funny. 😂

but they eliminated a celeb who is a convicted abuser so I'm quite happy with that outcome. And we've got a lovely tribute to Len next week - SCD should take note
I hadn't looked up the result yet, glad that piece of tit has finally gone.

That's nice - I hope they put some actual ballroom dancing in it and not just faffin' abaht 😂 I did think Strictly should have done a dance for Len in the Launch Show, hopefully they will do it at some point.

Reactions: 3

Just like SCD movie week, the dancing was overpowered by themes and some of the choreo was a bit tragic as a result, but they eliminated a celeb who is a convicted abuser so I'm quite happy with that outcome. And we've got a lovely tribute to Len next week - SCD should take note
Baby Rome is adorable, that pro dance was so weird though, I didn't even enjoy the dance once they got into it.

I still can't believe they hired him in the first place.

Reactions: 1
Just woke up, had a quick look at Facebook and an advert pops up of Neil using some eye cream...full on close ups of him putting the eye cream on 🙈. Whoever described him yesterday as 'objectively hot'...just no!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Baby Rome is adorable, that pro dance was so weird though, I didn't even enjoy the dance once they got into it.

I still can't believe they hired him in the first place.
Sorry to quote myself but I've also just realised that Julianne and Alfonso are the leads in it.

I seriously love this man
---
Well it does say ‘Giovanni coming soon’….
( A friend of mine pointed that out and I can’t stop laughing now)
---

I’m expecting a tribute to Len at Blackpool to be honest, would make sense

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
😲 Well I suppose the 3 seconds of dancing they did amongst all the other tit wasn't bad 😂 I did like Alfonso and Julianne interacting with the audience, that was fun.

Baby Rome was cute, I wonder why no baby Nikita too? Maybe just because she's younger.

Alyson's Jazz was so bizarre I'm only half joking when I say I wonder if there's something actually wrong with Sasha this year. Why did he choreograph a Charleston and call it a Jazz? I'm so confused.

Rylee literally just lazily reusing her sister's choreography was insane. She didn't even try to hide it. 😂 Can't believe people are voting for Harry, he makes Tony Adams look like Fred Astaire. And the showmance thing is gross, he's too old for her.

The standard is so low this year I'm not sure I'll bother watching the whole thing, just the dances on youtube. Even Daniella and Artem choreographed a Foxtrot/Waltz that was almost all just random twirling around out of hold and they've got the best dancers 😭 I didn't used to hate a floor spin in a ballroom dance, but I'm starting to now after I've been plagued by so many the last few weeks, on both SCD and DWTS.

I did like Mauricio's a lot, even though the music was ridiculously wrong for a Paso. Emma dressed up as a broom and him doing serious Paso face with his little Sorcerer Mickey ears and hat on was just so funny. 😂

I hadn't looked up the result yet, glad that piece of tit has finally gone.

That's nice - I hope they put some actual ballroom dancing in it and not just faffin' abaht 😂 I did think Strictly should have done a dance for Len in the Launch Show, hopefully they will do it at some point.
I just looked up that Harry guy and apparently he's 25 - how young is his partner if he's too old for her???

Also, Artem's choreography was always "random twirling about out of hold" even in the days when he used to get constant smoke blown up his arse on Strictly.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.