Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lauren is class, isn’t she and Krishnan is a complete delight. Absolutely Old School Strictly and what it’s all about.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m also loving Krishnan and Lauren, very natural partnership. A non dancer, with a great teacher, falling in love with the joy of dancing.
They are lovely to watch, both on the main show and ITT.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m also loving Krishnan and Lauren, very natural partnership. A non dancer, with a great teacher, falling in love with the joy of dancing.
They are lovely to watch, both on the main show and ITT.
Plus the obvious professional respect they have for each other, it’s just lovely.
I loved her already but this season has sealed it. She’s not going to benched from now on.
---

I need brain bleach now, especially kai in those shorts without any underpants on!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Another Lauren and Krishnan fan here!! They’re fab together and apart!
I love Lauren’s name game on tik tok 🤣

Plus the obvious professional respect they have for each other, it’s just lovely.
I loved her already but this season has sealed it. She’s not going to benched from now on.
---

I need brain bleach now, especially kai in those shorts without any underpants on!
o_O o_O They have gone too far now, the banality of it all.

Kai saying he is having a mid-life crisis..... Kai lovey you are wayyy past mid-life.

Amanda saying she is an 'award winning actress'. :rolleyes: Blow your own trumpet love.

Dianne looking no different from usual.

Vito getting a bit over the top, somebody tell him he is a pro dancer. Am getting the Gino D'Acampo feels in that he pretends not to understand some English words.

That is all I can remember, apart from Nigel in his wig who I suspect refused to look quite so daft as the rest of them. I cannot watch again, it was all too much.

Reactions: 5
---

Eddie looked good!!
Ellie knew what she was doing putting Vito in that outfit! If only he could wear that for the paso, especially having seen Ellie’s paso dress on ITT yesterday.. :cautious:

Attachments

• Haha
I didn't like the look of Ellie's dress on ITT yesterday, very drab or something.
At least she wasn't there, being forced to enthuse over it and trying to find something good to say. 🤣

I didn't like the look of Ellie's dress on ITT yesterday, very drab or something.
At least she wasn't there, being forced to enthuse over it and trying to find something good to say. 🤣
Yeah Vicky raving about how the blue in the ‘chevrons’ will ‘pop’ under the lights and me being all Chris Hemsworth-as-Thor gif ‘Will it?’

Reactions: 6
Yeah Vicky raving about how the blue in the ‘chevrons’ will ‘pop’ under the lights and me being all Chris Hemsworth-as-Thor gif ‘Will it?’
I still think of poor Ellie S last year being forced to enthuse over the godawful creation that was unveiled to her!

I think a lot of the celebs this week have lucked out with the dance choice … Eddie gets an official go at the samba, Annabel gets Charleston after jive (which seems to be a definite thing this year), Amanda gets the Cha Cha after a rhumba which, if the pros are to be believed from years back is a good thing … same leg action but faster … Zara keeps in hold and Adam has his CC
This is why I wish they would go back to alternating ballroom and latin each week. It is all too strategic now. And get rid of couples choice, nearly everyone does street dance for an easy get through.

Reactions: 9
I just fell down a tik tok strictly rabbit hole.
This came up, this series was when I properly fell in love with Gorka (as did Gemma Atkinson damnit! 🤣) but I remember one point in this dance when he hits Alexandra thighs thinking “I wish I was her!!” Still do to be fair 🤣

Reactions: 7
I remember Krishnan from years ago on John Cravens newsround- he's just a lovely chilled guy and its been great to see Lauren with a celeb

I wasn't a fan of Lauren last year, she came a bit hyper and over excited to finally be a pro on Strictly, but she has grown on me. She does seems to be really good with Krishnan.

I also saw her dance in Anton and Gios show. And she is an incredible dancer. She knocked the other women in that show out of the park.

Reactions: 11
I wasn't a fan of Lauren last year, she came a bit hyper and over excited to finally be a pro on Strictly, but she has grown on me. She does seems to be really good with Krishnan.

I also saw her dance in Anton and Gios show. And she is an incredible dancer. She knocked the other women in that show out of the park.
The same on Gio’s tour. Their Argentine Tango was smoking!

Reactions: 4
Lauren is a gem. I always remembered her from being friends with the pros and being a backup dancer for themed weeks, but apart from that I didn’t know much about her. She’s been such a great addition both dancing and personality wise. Maybe has to work on toning down her dancing a bit to meet her partners ability but i’m sure she will in time. Krishnan has been a revelation, you never know how the more serious characters are going to do on strictly but he has embraced the whole experience and you can tell from his interviews/posts that he’s loving every second.

Reactions: 14
I think it's a controversial opinion, but I always thought Artem's choreography was tit and the way he was held up like he was a genius really annoyed me

DWTS are hiring children as professional dancers now???

(I know 18 isn't a child but someone that young is surely hardly qualified to be teaching people to dance for a TV show?)

How old was AJ when he started on Strictly?
DWTS pros are always a lot younger than strictly pros when they are hired. Derek & Mark i’m sure were around 20/21 and Julianne was only 18 when she joined the show. Lindsay Arnold was also only 19, although I think she was in the troupe (their version of being benched) on and off over her first few years. Rylee is definitely one of the youngest if not the youngest pro they have ever had, but she’s grown up watching her sister on the show so probably had a better understanding than most other 18 year olds would. She was also a pro on the DWTS juniors season they did which was actually really fun, I would love to see strictly do something similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'd be really interested to see Lauren with a contender who she can dance full out with, especially given how everyone raves about her on tours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.