Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to add my agreement to this post from the last thread.

(Also no dedication - a la Tom Fletcher to his sister šŸ¤£)

View attachment 2517760
Me too! Iā€™m sick of the way it all has to be ā€˜meaningfulā€™ and ā€˜life changingā€™ all of the time.

Pros, celebs, judges - indeed, every single person on the show - is there because theyā€™re contracted for a paid gig. Just turn up, do your dance, offer some diverting, sparkly distraction on an autumn evening, do the tour, move on to the next job.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I saw lots of Beryls in the comment sections saying Fashion was Jade Goody's favourite song and that's why he was mardyarse sad. I did think Fashion was a bit of an unlikely choice to be anyone's favourite song so I'm sure he will use her actual favourite for his CC.
---

Her kids couldn't look any more posh, could they.

View attachment 2517946
I thought Iā€™d seen it was supposed to be a Paolo Nuntini song that was played at her funeral?

I donā€™t know, Bobby strikes me as someone who, while heā€™s done lots of things, has never had to particularly work at it, if that makes sense. I think a lot has fallen into his lap and having to put the hours in practicing is not going down well.

Reactions: 13
I thought Iā€™d seen it was supposed to be a Paolo Nuntini song that was played at her funeral?

I donā€™t know, Bobby strikes me as someone who, while heā€™s done lots of things, has never had to particularly work at it, if that makes sense. I think a lot has fallen into his lap and having to put the hours in practicing is not going down well.
That makes more sense. Not sure which singer is going to pull off Paolo's vocals though!

I agree, that's what I think is going on with him too. It's early in the competition so he might go on a massive learning curve, but I don't think it's going to come easily for him.

Reactions: 11
yep - it was last request i think, which is actually an incredibly beautiful song to dance to and could make a gorgeous routine (provided paolo himself sings it šŸ¤£)

i can only agree again re bobby. i feel a bit for dianne as he doesnā€™t come across as the easiest person in the world to teach (unless itā€™s a dance heā€™s decided that he enjoys).

yep - it was last request i think, which is actually an incredibly beautiful song to dance to and could make a gorgeous routine (provided paolo himself sings it šŸ¤£)

i can only agree again re bobby. i feel a bit for dianne as he doesnā€™t come across as the easiest person in the world to teach (unless itā€™s a dance heā€™s decided that he enjoys).
Probably he didnt actually need someone heā€™d ā€˜clickedā€™ with on a personal level ā€¦ he really needed someone who would just teach him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

It's been used before. (Content warning: Brendan)

I don't necessarily hear this track and think Couple's Choice though. I'm not sure it's impactful enough for contemporary or jazz and let's rule out street for this one. Thank duck.

Reactions: 5
Get the feeling its a lot harder than Bobby thought it would be when he signed up

Reactions: 14
It's been used before. (Content warning: Brendan)

I don't necessarily hear this track and think Couple's Choice though. I'm not sure it's impactful enough for contemporary or jazz and let's rule out street for this one.
content warning: brendan šŸ¤£

and agreed: itā€™s a lovely song but it stays pretty much on a level throughout, great for ballroom but i canā€™t see it for a CC.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So what do we reckon GPVita is? Fragrance line? Eau de Fanny?
Waiting for the inevitable LadyLav comments spinning this as ā€˜a classy launch with a hint of sensualityā€™ when it looks like the cover of a cheap erotica novel šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm sure there was an interview with Bobby from the NTAs I think, where he talked about wanting to dedicate This Woman's Work to his mum, which could be a moment if he can pull it off, or it could be a bit naff like a lot of other Strictly contemporary. And I wouldn't want to hear Hayley attempt to sing it šŸ™‰

Reactions: 7
I'm sure there was an interview with Bobby from the NTAs I think, where he talked about wanting to dedicate This Woman's Work to his mum, which could be a moment if he can pull it off, or it could be a bit naff like a lot of other Strictly contemporary. And I wouldn't want to hear Hayley attempt to sing it šŸ™‰
If it's Hayley, it'll be more Make Her Go Away.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Waiting for the inevitable LadyLav comments spinning this as ā€˜a classy launch with a hint of sensualityā€™ when it looks like the cover of a cheap erotica novel šŸ¤£
'It's got a bold Mediterranean sensuality reminiscent of Dolce and Gabbana. They make an attractive pair'. Babe, it looks like a poor woman's 365 Days meets Mills and Boon

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I saw lots of Beryls in the comment sections saying Fashion was Jade Goody's favourite song and that's why he was mardyarse sad. I did think Fashion was a bit of an unlikely choice to be anyone's favourite song so I'm sure he will use her actual favourite for his CC.
Iā€™m really not convinced Jade was partial to a bit of avant garde Bowie. I had her pegged as more of an East 17/Venga Boys fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Just watching ITT now, and I think that's a really good point about Bobby.

I only knew who he was from having restarted watching Eastenders recently and he basically acts himself, imo.

Interesting that he was written out temporarily, most likely for the duration of Strictly. Others had to work on both shows, simultaneously.

Strictly is very hard work, and that might be part of the issue for him.

'It's got a bold Mediterranean sensuality reminiscent of Dolce and Gabbana'. Babe, it looks like a poor woman's 365 Days meets Mills and Boon
I looked up the two other fellas' credentials and they're not exactly making big shakes in the business world. The Italian bloke was managing a Pizza Express in Falmouth not long ago. Hmm, maybe Gio is going to do a Lewis Capaldi and release a pizza range in Iceland?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
The only thing I can give Bobby his due on is his approach to his mum. Iā€™ve lost count of the amount of interviews Iā€™ve seen now where theyā€™ve mentioned how proud she would be etc and sheā€™s kept it really casual and expertly flipped it to a ā€œmy whole family is proudā€ vibe.

He could easily milk it to the high heavens, and of course it HAS played a part in his career, but I appreciate the approach heā€™s opted for

Everything else about him is annoying tho

Reactions: 16
The only thing I can give Bobby his due on is his approach to his mum. Iā€™ve lost count of the amount of interviews Iā€™ve seen now where theyā€™ve mentioned how proud she would be etc and sheā€™s kept it really casual and expertly flipped it to a ā€œmy whole family is proudā€ vibe.

He could easily milk it to the high heavens, and of course it HAS played a part in his career, but I appreciate the approach heā€™s opted for

Everything else about him is annoying tho
I agree, he has handled that really well and I suspect this is the one thing he was coached on. He's said he doesn't really remember her, so it would really insincere of Strictly to force him into a sentimental memorial dance. I suspect he will do one dedicated to his whole family with a touch of Jade in there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.