Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Rose and Sam split stuff seems to have taken hold across the trashy papers this week with no denial (or indeed confirmation).

My thought would be either that they’ve stumbled on something and know Rose will be back in the strictly spotlight briefly with the launch show so will get a few clicks, or it’s been subtly fed to them so if either of them are with someone new or want to date then there won’t be a cheating angle.

Sad, but it seems a bit like Michael and Jowita- life just changed and they grew apart after getting together young.

Reactions: 1
Why do people think Jayde will dance with a female partner? As far as I know she’s not gay, she was in a relationship with a man up until recently.
I think it's because she used to do dance competitions with her sister as a kid? It sounds like it was a dance troupe that did jazz, not partnered dancing, but maybe that's where people got the idea from?

Needless to say that the Rose/Gio shippers are agog and think that the stories are being leaked by Rose as her way of managing the 'imminent' announcement of her new relationship... We shall see!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The DM are running with the Rose and Sam split now too but with the added detail of her friend supporting Sam #
Hmmm this seems like Rose’s PR to me - casually mention her ex is being comforted by one of her friends therefore planting the seed that he’s the bad guy. I don’t think for a minute she’s with Gio either but I do think she’ll want to keep up the public image she’s crafted for herself, especially if she has other projects in the pipeline.

Reactions: 7
Hmmm this seems like Rose’s PR to me - casually mention her ex is being comforted by one of her friends therefore planting the seed that he’s the bad guy. I don’t think for a minute she’s with Gio either but I do think she’ll want to keep up the public image she’s crafted for herself, especially if she has other projects in the pipeline.
I suspect her PR team too, especially with the vague suggestion of the bf and her friend. Just planting a seed to take the heat off.
The timing of the leak is interesting as she's about to become last year's Strictly news. Wonder will she be doing the winner's dance at the opening.

Reactions: 4
I suspect her PR team too, especially with the vague suggestion of the bf and her friend. Just planting a seed to take the heat off.
The timing of the leak is interesting as she's about to become last year's Strictly news. Wonder will she be doing the winner's dance at the opening.
Yeah, it defo seems deliberate to me.

I’ll die of shock if she actually is with Gio but if she is, Lady Lav’s inevitable apoplectic meltdown would be hilarious. I think she’d like to believe that Gio is some sort of asexual eunuch and not the man slut he actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Needless to say that the Rose/Gio shippers are agog and think that the stories are being leaked by Rose as her way of managing the 'imminent' announcement of her new relationship... We shall see!!
The chief admin has said that threads with more than 400 posts are automatically closed by FB on one of the R&G groups. About 389 of the posts comprise “well said”, “happy <insert day of the week>”, “beautiful words” (in response to a Hallmark style ‘poem’ about love), “you lovely lot 🤢” and other such boring rubbish until it gets to wine o’clock and then it all starts kicking off.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just read the latest DM article and defo seems like her PR slant, at least half the article is a glowing run down on her latest work projects. Equally, I don’t blame her- might as well utilise this to get some promo for her work stuff.

Reactions: 5
I think it's because she used to do dance competitions with her sister as a kid? It sounds like it was a dance troupe that did jazz, not partnered dancing, but maybe that's where people got the idea from?
She did competitive disco - I did it too when I was younger (I look back on this time of my life with a peculiar mix of disbelief, horror, and amusement). Our dance school did occasional group routines, but mostly it was completely solo dancing, and never any form of partnering, especially not in the Strictly sense (though as a separate discipline we sometimes did some loosely jive-based dance in pairs, mostly female/female pairs as there was 1 boy to 20+ girls in our dance school).

Shortly before Jayde was announced for SCD I watched one of her stand-up shows when she talked about her disco days and it brought back so many memories! Hers is the rare case where I’m genuinely hoping she gets to do Couple’s Choice as I’d imagine she’ll do a competitive-disco-based tribute to her sister, but with a bit of wry, affectionate piss-taking.

For anyone who is fortunate enough to be unfamiliar with the genre, competition disco is a whole other world to any other dance genre. The costumes alone are TERRIFYING!! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
They have competitions in our town at the weekends and it’s always a bit shocking seeing a load of 7 year olds done up in fake tan and thick make up like a Love Island contestant at 9am

They have competitions in our town at the weekends and it’s always a bit shocking seeing a load of 7 year olds done up in fake tan and thick make up like a Love Island contestant at 9am

Absolutely. I was early teens when I did it, and even then I was extremely minimalist in terms of make-up and costume, but some of the outfits/make-up was grotesque, especially on the very young girls.

My foray into this strange world was thankfully rather short-lived as I found it quite crass and tacky, and (as Jayde mentioned in the stand-up I watched), the motivations of the middle-aged men in suits with clipboards who adjudicated these comps should have been scrutinised far more rigorously than they probably were.

Reactions: 3
I never know what's more startling, the wee girls in fake tan, makeup and spandex for the disco competitions, or the wee girls in fake tan, makeup and giant curly wigs for the Irish Dancing competitions. Some of the younger Irish dancers are so small that it looks like their grotesque Dolly Parton-style wigs are trying to eat them.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely. I was early teens when I did it, and even then I was extremely minimalist in terms of make-up and costume, but some of the outfits/make-up was grotesque, especially on the very young girls.

My foray into this strange world was thankfully rather short-lived as I found it quite crass and tacky, and (as Jayde mentioned in the stand-up I watched), the motivations of the middle-aged men in suits with clipboards who adjudicated these comps should have been scrutinised far more rigorously than they probably were.
Shades of Little Miss Sunshine.

Reactions: 4
Tyler seems ok - keen and enthusiastic, which is good I guess. Although I wonder if him and Dianne together might be a bit much

Also, when they ask them why they want to do Strictly would love someone to say, 'well, money, press coverage and more instagram followers' instead of 'my nan loves the show'

Reactions: 2
Anyone else ever put a little bet on? Won with Bill and Rose and want a hat-trick ;)

I thought BINGO with Ellie S but am swayed towards Helen (but she is bookies fave right now) and also Will. Might wait till they are paired up first.

EDIT - Actually, now that I recall, I didn't put a bet on for Bill until Week 4.

god

him and dianne are going to get on my nerves, i can see it now
With a bit of luck, Dianne will stick him in the ugliest, stupidest outfit going for movie week, choreograph her usual sketchy Latin and they'll be out nice and early.

Reactions: 2
With a bit of luck, Dianne will stick him in the ugliest, stupidest outfit going for movie week, choreograph her usual sketchy Latin and they'll be out nice and early.
Is it up to the pro though what outfit they wear.

Is it up to the pro though what outfit they wear.
They do have some say - if you watch Vicky on It Takes Two, she often takes their wishes or feedback into account. There are always some rough or dodgy choices though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.