Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst Pasquale is older to be starting he has got multiple glitter balls under his belt and to me I see strictly as the next logical step. Giovanni is likely to do a Kevin leave the season after he’s won so that would make it two Italians again. Plus we’re likely to loose both Gorka and Neil after this year (Neil through age and Gorka through injury flares and possibly not wanting to miss out on mia growing up) so maybe an older hire isn’t the worst thing if they replaced those three with younger dancers.

A younger female hire makes more sense to me especially as most of the girls are 30+ (Jowita being the youngest at 28) but I’ve said before the danger in younger hires is the potential for not being “ready” for strictly and what comes with it. The lack of experience is where Cameron falls flat I think.

Whilst Pasquale is older to be starting he has got multiple glitter balls under his belt and to me I see strictly as the next logical step. Giovanni is likely to do a Kevin leave the season after he’s won so that would make it two Italians again. Plus we’re likely to loose both Gorka and Neil after this year (Neil through age and Gorka through injury flares and possibly not wanting to miss out on mia growing up) so maybe an older hire isn’t the worst thing if they replaced those three with younger dancers.
I can't see Gio going, unlike other past pros who have left, he doesn't necessarily seem to have other irons in the fire like Kevin & Oti did with their careers or leaving to start a family like others, nor is age or injury currently an issue with him. Ditto for Katya. I reckon those two have their spots for another few series.

Gorka probably is gone after this year, I think his latest injury seals the deal on that one. Not sure on Neil purely because if there was an apt time to move him on, last year would have been it. Made no sense to bring him back this year so no idea what the deal is there. I'd move him behind the scenes as he seems popular with the cast, but something doesn't work with him on TV.

Reactions: 2
Giada has already been a back up dancer on strictly but i think she was dropped. She was featured heavily in Neil de jaunes features 🤢

Another possibility if they want more home grown talent is Emily (Curtis Pritchard's ex). I doubt she's older than 25. And she's done very well on dwts.
I have said before I think Emily Barker is a shout as she is British and still in her mid twenties and even though she hasnt won DWTS shes been in two finals on the show.

A younger female hire makes more sense to me especially as most of the girls are 30+ (Jowita being the youngest at 28) but I’ve said before the danger in younger hires is the potential for not being “ready” for strictly and what comes with it. The lack of experience is where Cameron falls flat I think.
I dont know I still think the age does go against Pasquale and maybe its just me but I think the 3 wins shouldn't be a prerequisite to get on strictly. I can see him doing more tours and dance jobs in the UK or maybe being a judge on a DWTS somewhere in the world or maybe go down the Darren Bennett route and be a creative director on a DWTS as well. I still think Giovanni could stick around still for a while; as we have discussed on this forum before staying on strictly does benefit your tours; besides being on strictly touring is his only main job compared to the likes of Oti, Dianne and Amy who are bit more main stream with being on and hosting tv shows. I still think Gorka would still hang around for this reason as well. I see Karen and Neil actually getting the boot after this year due to age and injuries.

I think if its not Lauren or someone her age as the new female pro then they wont go for anyone too young in their early twenties; I think TPTB are fine with an older pro woman dancing with a younger celeb man but I dont think aesthetically people like seeing a young pro girl dancing with an older celeb man. I think this is one of the reasons Chloe Hewitt got the boot at 22 years old and never got a full season chance.

Reactions: 1
Giada has already been a back up dancer on strictly but i think she was dropped. She was featured heavily in Neil de jaunes features 🤢
Poor girl.
Are we sure she was dropped and hadn’t just changed her phone number and gone into hiding?

I think if Karen goes it will be her decision. I can’t see them dropping her. They are very aware of the optics and letting a female dancer go because of her age wouldn’t be a genie they’d want out of the bottle especially as Anton was steering round the early boots well into his 50’s.

Reactions: 6
Winning last year and boosted Giovanni's profile quite a bit and helped his ticket sales, but outside of Strictly his whole career is pretty much touring - so inextricably linked with being on Strictly. So I don't think he'll be leaving any time soon

But saying that, I wouldn't have thought Aljaz would leave for the same reason. What do we think about him and Giovanni saying they want to be actors? Good luck to them I guess but, well, I can't see them having that much range

Can definitely see Aljaz and Janette trying their hand at being the new Richard and Judy though

Reactions: 7
Something odd going on in DS appreciation world. A couple of the Rose and Gio fans have started posting in the just Gio thread ..to be met with stoney silence.

Winning last year and boosted Giovanni's profile quite a bit and helped his ticket sales, but outside of Strictly his whole career is pretty much touring - so inextricably linked with being on Strictly. So I don't think he'll be leaving any time soon

But saying that, I wouldn't have thought Aljaz would leave for the same reason. What do we think about him and Giovanni saying they want to be actors? Good luck to them I guess but, well, I can't see them having that much range

Can definitely see Aljaz and Janette trying their hand at being the new Richard and Judy though
LadyLav was trying to tout Gio as being a future broadcaster - but I listened to some of that podcast he did on Italy's successes last year and I have to say I find that there is still something a bit too effortful about the way he speaks. He obviously comes over a lot better in person.

I haven't kept much of an eye on the DS threads recently, but it seems like a big schism: the old guard were outraged by LadyLav's treatment in the shipper thread and migrated solely to the Gio AT. The AT now seems to have become more or less a Rose AT. (I can't believe Gio is *still* on tour - basically non-stop since January :oops:)

Reactions: 5
I think it happens a lot when someone is involved with a long running popular show … there is a feeling that the show’s popularity is their popularity and the Appreciation threads must fuel that. It must be quite heady stuff (if you forget it’s only a handful of people on a forum subsection)

The show has been going for 20 years now and none of the Pro’s have gone into mainstream presenting with any measure of success as yet. Anton came a cropper with Hole in the Wall, and the jury is still out on Janette.

To be honest, I don’t actually find Gio that interesting. He seems nice enough but he just doesnt have the spark of a leather jacket clad, winking Tristan

Did Tom carry her down the aisle?
In his special Wedding Crocs.

Reactions: 3
I think it happens a lot when someone is involved with a long running popular show … there is a feeling that the show’s popularity is their popularity and the Appreciation threads must fuel that. It must be quite heady stuff (if you forget it’s only a handful of people on a forum subsection)

The show has been going for 20 years now and none of the Pro’s have gone into mainstream presenting with any measure of success as yet. Anton came a cropper with Hole in the Wall, and the jury is still out on Janette.

To be honest, I don’t actually find Gio that interesting. He seems nice enough but he just doesnt have the spark of a leather jacket clad, winking Tristan
And Oti's show was a flop.

Oh my god, Hole in the Wall, you've just unearthed a memory of Anton in that shiny silver suit :oops: (of course I had to go find a photo to share with the group :LOL:)

Screenshot_20220703-131928_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Yeah, I can't imagine excitedly switching on a programme to watch many of the current pros in a non-dancing role, no matter how much I like them. The only presenting work I can see for most of them would be slots on ITT (a la Ian Waite or Flavia) or maybe the fortunate few get to join Gethin on the morning programme.

Apparently lots have left the AT to go to the private FB group. In my boredom I have requested to join it just to see the madness.. I am hoping for fanfiction, fanvids, photo manipulations, the lot!

ETA: I have been approved for the group. At a quick glance, there are loads of posts *today* about why Gio follows girls on insta, does this mean him and Rose aren't together etc. One popular theory is that he does it as a PR boost for the girls - how altruistic!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah, I can't imagine excitedly switching on a programme to watch many of the current pros in a non-dancing role, no matter how much I like them. The only presenting work I can see for most of them would be slots on ITT (a la Ian Waite or Flavia) or maybe the fortunate few get to join Gethin on the morning programme.

Apparently lots have left the AT to go to the private FB group. In my boredom I have requested to join it just to see the madness.. I am hoping for fanfiction, fanvids, photo manipulations, the lot!

ETA: I have been approved for the group. At a quick glance, there are loads of posts *today* about why Gio follows girls on insta, does this mean him and Rose aren't together etc. One popular theory is that he does it as a PR boost for the girls - how altruistic!!
They are insane. Delusional.
Keep up the good work. You are the 007 of the strictly fandom 👏👏👏

I think my favourite Tristan clip has to be this one. Len going ballistic and Tristan just grinning away because he didn't choreograph it, not his problem, is so hysterically funny to me.

As it happens, Tristan is a presenter now, co-host of a morning show in Australia. No idea how well he's doing though, couldn't get up that early to save my life! 😂

• Heart
I think my favourite Tristan clip has to be this one. Len going ballistic and Tristan just grinning away because he didn't choreograph it, not his problem, is so hysterically funny to me.

As it happens, Tristan is a presenter now, co-host of a morning show in Australia. No idea how well he's doing though, couldn't get up that early to save my life! 😂
And people say Craig is the mean one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.