Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Living for the day Katya and Aimee come out together as they always look so happy and comfortable together.
This is the 2nd time you’ve implied something about Katya with a female friend (the 1st time was you using the word ‘beard’ in the wrong context)

What are you really getting at?

Reactions: 4
Just from looking at a few of the dates, the tours seem to be doing ok?

I reckon the jury's still out on the Strictly Presents one - it seems to be selling well on some dates and not so well at others. I can see why they would want to try and do a regional tour in smaller venues (they might see a market for people not able to travel to the larger venues for the other Strictly tours), but the window for it is so small and going forward, I can't see many pros wanting to do a third official Strictly tour when there's so little time for breaks between them, and they have the option of doing other tours too.

So many of this year's tickets were purchased 2, or even nearly 3 years ago, so it's difficult to predict demand for next year. I don't expect them to cut back that much tbh, maybe see less risks taken with new pros headlining stuff?

Reactions: 1
The only two who’ve confirmed for 2023 are Giovanni(on sale now. Long extensive tour as usual) and Johannes (he’s yet to release dates.but confirmed freedom 2 on Instagram when freedom 1 finished)

I think there’ll be a pro tour. It’s popular with fans (who might not be arsed about arena January tour) and the pros seem to enjoy it as well. January tour will probably happen (good for Xmas gifts)

Other headline tours are a bit more unpredictable…

Kai seems fairly popular right now so he might do a headlining boys tour (not hctb necessarily but a boys tour maybe with the new male pro and graziano. Or maybe he’ll do a couples tour with Nadiya.

Girls tours are slightly harder to predict there might be one but I couldn’t say a line up. Maybe they’ll resurrect viva la divas that should’ve happened in 2020 but got cancelled and refunded.

At the end of the day the pros want to perform and need to earn when they’re not on the show. I don’t see many turning an opportunity. Maybe promoters will condense the length or look at smaller venues of they’re worried about sales.

I’ve noticed from social media posts that Gio seems to have lots of fans that go to multiple shows on each tour, which will certainly help his sales.

Talking of attending multiple shows, Rose is at Him and Me today, on his Instagram she was breaking his pen backstage 😆 looks like Robin Windsor, Kai and Johannes went last night.

Reactions: 3
I'm thoroughly enjoying catching up on old threads here. Wish I had been here for them, definitely will be this year!

Happy 2nd of July everyone!

I thought I would just give this thread a little bump seeing as July is usually the 'new strictly pro's' reveal' month so we should be getting the announcement of the new male & female pro to replace Alijaz and Oti.

Who are we thinking? I'm sure whoever they are know already and are just waiting for it to be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

Lauren Oakley and Pasquale la Rocca seem to be the most high profile rumoured due to their closeness to other pros already on the show as well as being burn the floor alumni and doing some of the strictly pros tours currently and in the past. Pasquale winning 3 DWTS as well.

I just watched Lauren Oakley's instagram live, she's currently on Gio & Anton's tour and someone put in the chat ''Hope you are a strictly pro!'' and she said ''Fingers crossed''. Either she said that because she does actually hope to be one day or she knows she is one this year and is being coy. Also when asked ''what are your plans for after this tour?'' she said ''I'm planning just to chill after this tour'' which could literally just mean that as she has been doing tours since January or the rest of her year could be taken up with strictly.

Cant believe how quick this year has flown by that were now getting new pro reveals soon and then the new cast line up next month! :eek:

Reactions: 4
I’d say Pasquale and Lauren are the front runners.

At one point I would’ve thrown in Jowitas partner/former partner Michael but he seems settled as a teacher and completion judges plus assuming he and Jowita have split it would probably be awkward.

The only possibility is if producers have found another unknown from Europe like Nikita.

Pasquale & Lauren seem like the obvious picks but I'd like a wildcard in there. At risk of sounding ageist, both of them are over 30 and I think they really need a younger female pro in the mix to carry the show into the future. So many are early 30s already. We already have some younger men but another one would be good and we'd then have a trio of young male pros (Kai/Nikita/Aljaž's replacement) who can be the main faces dominating throughout this decade, just like Gio/Gorka/Aljaž were in the most recent era and the likes of Artem, Kevin & Pasha before that. With all due respect to Cameron, I don't think he's it. And it's obvious that the likes of Neil aren't making much of a splash so they may as well invest in the newbies.

I’d say Pasquale and Lauren are the front runners.

At one point I would’ve thrown in Jowitas partner/former partner Michael but he seems settled as a teacher and completion judges plus assuming he and Jowita have split it would probably be awkward.

The only possibility is if producers have found another unknown from Europe like Nikita.
I would like an unknown to be introduced for at least one of the spots; Nikita was such a welcome surprise this most recent series.

I would have said Michael too but because of the supposed split and the fact he seems older that Jowtia as well (she is turning 28 next month) I very much doubt it now.

Pasquale & Lauren seem like the obvious picks but I'd like a wildcard in there. At risk of sounding ageist, both of them are over 30 and I think they really need a younger female pro in the mix to carry the show into the future. So many are early 30s already. We already have some younger men but another one would be good and we'd then have a trio of young male pros (Kai/Nikita/Aljaž's replacement) who can be the main faces dominating throughout this decade, just like Gio/Gorka/Aljaž were in the most recent era and the likes of Artem, Kevin & Pasha before that. With all due respect to Cameron, I don't think he's it. And it's obvious that the likes of Neil aren't making much of a splash so they may as well invest in the newbies.
I remember seeing in the DS forum a while back someone suggested Lauren & Pasquale might not be picked due to their ages and the way some people reacted you would think they were saying that they both need to book a place in a retirement home! 🤣 Of course in the grand scheme of life they are young but in the hiring of a new strictly pro they are a bit ''over the hill''.

I would think in the last pro hirings in Nikita, Jowita, Kai and Cameron it shows they are going for an early to mid twenties pick.

I would also say hiring another italian in Pasquale is a bit of a boring choice when we already have Graziano and Giovanni; I have said this before but I would like to see new countries represented as well.

When it comes to Lauren apart from the age thing I saw some comments which irked me on the DS forum and on socials where people were saying that ''strictly need to hire her shes an amazing dancer'' some even saying is she better than some of the pro girls on strictly already. Of course yes she is amazing dancer but shes no better than any other pros on the show's and what I mean by that is when you see the pros on strictly and on the strictly come dancing tours their dancing is quite ''basic'' compared to what they're used to say in the likes of dancing in Burn the Floor when that is a 2 hour non stop dance show. A lot of the pros say that the routines on strictly are quite 'dumbed down' obviously for the celeb learning but even in the pro numbers when they're doing different dance styles and telling more of a narrative say compared to what Lauren is doing now which is full on dance shows. Comparing her non stop dancing in shows to the pro's dancing on strictly isn't fair in comparison. I hope this makes sense. :LOL:

Reactions: 2
I would also say hiring another italian in Pasquale is a bit of a boring choice when we already have Graziano and Giovanni; I have said this before but I would like to see new countries represented as well.

When it comes to Lauren apart from the age thing I saw some comments which irked me on the DS forum and on socials where people were saying that ''strictly need to hire her shes an amazing dancer'' some even saying is she better than some of the pro girls on strictly already. Of course yes she is amazing dancer but shes no better than any other pros on the show's and what I mean by that is when you see the pros on strictly and on the strictly come dancing tours their dancing is quite ''basic'' compared to what they're used to say in the likes of dancing in Burn the Floor when that is a 2 hour non stop dance show. A lot of the pros say that the routines on strictly are quite 'dumbed down' obviously for the celeb learning but even in the pro numbers when they're doing different dance styles and telling more of a narrative say compared to what Lauren is doing now which is full on dance shows. Comparing her non stop dancing in shows to the pro's dancing on strictly isn't fair in comparison. I hope this makes sense. :LOL:
I do hear you on that one, Lauren is promoted a lot on DS and to be honest, the fact that LadyLavender is pushing for Lauren to be the new pro makes me hope someone else gets the gig. She did get the thumbs up from the actual dance experts though.

Agree on having a 3rd Italian pro. I'd like a Northern European guy to balance out the Mediterranean guys, there has to be a Scandinavian, Dutch or German dancer somewhere.

I do hear you on that one, Lauren is promoted a lot on DS and to be honest, the fact that LadyLavender is pushing for Lauren to be the new pro makes me hope someone else gets the gig. She did get the thumbs up from the actual dance experts though.

Agree on having a 3rd Italian pro. I'd like a Northern European guy to balance out the Mediterranean guys, there has to be a Scandinavian, Dutch or German dancer somewhere.
Yeah on the DS forum its gotten to the point with some of them that if its not Lauren as the new pro then they will utterly gobsmacked! :sneaky: Just because you have been on burn the floor and have been on some of the pro's tours and you know a lot of the pros does not mean its a prerequisite for being a pro on strictly. I mean Nikita was none of these things and some of the pros in previous years weren't either. If she isn't hired as a new pro this year then I do feel a bit sorry for her the way she is hyped up on instagram and twitter where she will see those comments so it will be more of a let down to her if she doesn't get the call up.

I would like a pro from a country that hasn't been on before just to add something new but as long as they're a nice enough person and get on well with their celeb than I'm happy.

Yeah on the DS forum its gotten to the point with some of them that if its not Lauren as the new pro then they will utterly gobsmacked! :sneaky: Just because you have been on burn the floor and have been on some of the pro's tours and you know a lot of the pros does not mean its a prerequisite for being a pro on strictly. I mean Nikita was none of these things and some of the pros in previous years weren't either. If she isn't hired as a new pro this year then I do feel a bit sorry for her the way she is hyped up on instagram and twitter where she will see those comments so it will be more of a let down to her if she doesn't get the call up.

I would like a pro from a country that hasn't been on before just to add something new but as long as they're a nice enough person and get on well with their celeb than I'm happy.
I think the new female pro could be Nikita's girlfriend. They have both now moved to London which may signify something. And she's young.

I think the new female pro could be Nikita's girlfriend. They have both now moved to London which may signify something. And she's young.
I mean never say never, shes currently doing the Here come the Boys tour so thats why she's mostly in the Uk as well as being Nikita's girlfriend.

I've also seen Giada who is a pro on the italian DWTS she is also Graziano's fiance being touted on the DS forum as well. However she is 31 so she maybe another 'over the hill' one.

Reactions: 2
I mean never say never, shes currently doing the Here come the Boys tour so thats why she's mostly in the Uk as well as being Nikita's girlfriend.

I've also seen Giada who is a pro on the italian DWTS she is also Graziano's fiance being touted on the DS forum as well. However she is 31 so she maybe another 'over the hill' one.
Giada has already been a back up dancer on strictly but i think she was dropped. She was featured heavily in Neil de jaunes features 🤢

Another possibility if they want more home grown talent is Emily (Curtis Pritchard's ex). I doubt she's older than 25. And she's done very well on dwts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.