Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does seem a bit odd that a male pro tour has resorted to having a female pro and an ex celeb. They managed to book Pasha, surely there would be other retired SCD pros available and willing to do it?

I'll be interested to see how the touring market looks for 2023, obviously this year was their chance to tour as much as possible to make up for lost earnings but might be good for it to be scaled back a little bit going forward.

It does seem a bit odd that a male pro tour has resorted to having a female pro and an ex celeb. They managed to book Pasha, surely there would be other retired SCD pros available and willing to do it?

I'll be interested to see how the touring market looks for 2023, obviously this year was their chance to tour as much as possible to make up for lost earnings but might be good for it to be scaled back a little bit going forward.
I think it will have to be. There’s just not the spare money for people. Even at the smaller venues, the tickets are eye watering … Scunthorpe for Anton and Gio range from £47-£50.

To be honest I think the HCTB concept has desperately adapted from the original Gio/Alijaz/Gorka dance meets magic Mike show and I think it maybe should have been retired…

Reactions: 1
3AE7E9CF-729D-45AB-927E-ECED7EDC0764.jpeg

Shame this stud AND high quality dancer wasn’t available really (should I have trigger warning-ed this or is that just for Neil?)

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Anyone know how well the tours are selling?

-Oti's tour
-Giovanni and Anton's
-Here come the boys
-Keep dancing tour

-Oti's tour
-Giovanni and Anton's
-Here come the boys
-Keep dancing tour
A quick glance…. Mixed some venues on ticketmaster are showing low/limited availability on some dates. Some dates have “good” availability but these are seats located on balconies and higher up which can be pretty inaccessible depending on the theatre (usually grade one listed where alterations are complicated. More modern buildings don’t have this issue).

But the issue as always isn’t ticket prices at in cost of living(this is a small factor atm) but it’s the shows all going to the same places or having a cluster of shows in small area that could be condensed into one or two shows. Even the biggest strictly fan isn’t going to go see three or four individual tours and unfortunately some tours miss out like Oti… she doesn’t have the selling power she thinks she does.

Reactions: 4
A quick glance…. Mixed some venues on ticketmaster are showing low/limited availability on some dates. Some dates have “good” availability but these are seats located on balconies and higher up which can be pretty inaccessible depending on the theatre (usually grade one listed where alterations are complicated. More modern buildings don’t have this issue).

But the issue as always isn’t ticket prices at in cost of living(this is a small factor atm) but it’s the shows all going to the same places or having a cluster of shows in small area that could be condensed into one or two shows. Even the biggest strictly fan isn’t going to go see three or four individual tours and unfortunately some tours miss out like Oti… she doesn’t have the selling power she thinks she does.
Yeah I had a quick glance at her tour and you would think she would be selling out more; maybe touring at the same time as the strictly pro tour did have a large effect. Goes to show it is better to stay on strictly when it comes to touring; you can still tour like some of the old pros who have been on the show before do but you probably wont get the numbers you would get if you were still a current pro; not even Oti.

Saw this morning that Oti now has a lingerie range with bravissimo. I'm usually sceptical about this type of colab but its for larger busts which would fit with Oti

Reactions: 2
Saw this morning that Oti now has a lingerie range with bravissimo. I'm usually sceptical about this type of colab but its for larger busts which would fit with Oti
That's a really good collaboration and Oti's definitely the woman for the job! Hopefully there'll be some nice bras in her range as Bravissimo's bras tend to be a little naff and ugly looking.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I had a quick glance at her tour and you would think she would be selling out more; maybe touring at the same time as the strictly pro tour did have a large effect. Goes to show it is better to stay on strictly when it comes to touring; you can still tour like some of the old pros who have been on the show before do but you probably wont get the numbers you would get if you were still a current pro; not even Oti.
Yeah I think the clashes don’t help but I think hers is rescheduled from 2021 so maybe they didn’t clash originally. It was quite pricey for one pro on their own without even any of the unofficial pros who we know and help out occasionally. I think people want to see more than one pro for the money so probably chose pro tour/here come the boys/girls,BTF reunion etc (unless it’s Giovanni who does well out of thirsty Middle Aged women regardless)

If Oti wanted to tour she might’ve been better off with less dates(she’s been touring since April I think on and off) and just hitting a handful of major places rather than some of the smaller places like Stoke on Trent.

Reactions: 2
Hadn’t realised Nikita’s girlfriend Nicole is on HCTB too. I guess she’s moved over here - wonder if she’ll get a role on Strictly in the group numbers?

-Oti's tour
-Giovanni and Anton's
-Here come the boys
-Keep dancing tour
I've got tickets for Anton and Gio (front row 🥵...for Gio, not Anton 🤣) and just looked and there's only single seats unless you go to the balcony.

Oti has already been here so no idea but she wasn't one I'd want to go see so I never checked.

HCTB has some seats available but maybe about 3/4 sold, it's not a massive venue though.

Keep dancing not coming here but not sure I'd be persuaded even if it was as I've already gone to the Strictly tour plus Gio already.

Apparently the pros doing burn the floor reunion have only two days after the last show before strictly starts again!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.