Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I don't live in England but I'm pretty sure people do A levels and not gcses in sixth form. He was head boy in his school and could have gone to a top university, that's what a high flyer means. There are special courses that attract 'top flight' students who get extra funding. He is highly respected in the dance world by people who know actually know something about dance.
I guess tearing people down is much more fun than the facts. Happy trolling.
I’m not really sure anyone is trolling? That’s quite something to chuck around. He maybe was cracking at school, he maybe wasn’t. He’s obviously a good dancer and well-respected in his field. You absolutely do get ‘extra-funding’ for some academically excellent students, but you need A levels even if you are Head Boy (my sister went to Oxford- I know a bit about entry to elite unis in England and it does take more than being Head Boy I’m afraid, that’s the facts).

• Heart
Reactions: 11

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Possible unpopular opinion but both Gio and Rose have allowed speculation about them to continue, and therefore encouraging the lunatic shippers, to keep their momentum going post strictly. Gio more so but I don’t think Rose is oblivious to it all, or how it kept her in the public eye. Wasn’t there a poster on here who said Gio’s mum and sister were in one of the more insane fb groups? So they were actually involved and would’ve seen exactly what was being said. Bonkers.
Was it at the baftas when his PR posted something like 'the way they look at each other! :love:' over a picture of them - that was a pretty clear indicator that Gio was very happy to encourage it if he benefitted. Not that it means it's ok to post some of the entitled comments that appear on his page, but there's something a bit shady about encouraging it all, especially when people get so emotionally embroiled (perhaps to the detriment of their mental health in extreme cases)

soccergirl

VIP Member
I keep wanting to say 'Kai is older, more settled' etc. But of course while he's settled, he's only 27, 13 years younger than Neil!

I'd enjoy that trip for about 2 days then would be finding the constant singing and stories exhausting. I'd be at the front of the bus with Hamza and Vito, quietly watching Blue Planet.

• Haha

diamondthunder

VIP Member
There are some crazy people out there, I just don’t understand the point in trolling but I think when you are in public eye these days, you sadly expect it. Doesn't make it right.
The thing is, these poor nutters aren't trolling, they really believe it. I feel a bit sorry for them really. Well, not that one. What a dickhead to leave that on poor Luba's post like she has anything to do with what they imagine Rose and Gio have done.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Vito is living his best life and Aaron looks like he’s in the middle of an existential crisis. I love them both
I just hope it's not a case of Vito leading him on, rubbing his bare back and cuddling for the cameras, before ditching him when he's outlived his usefulness and going on tour with a collie.

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
That will have been chucked in the bin along with the hamper!

I love how LadyLav is so keen to get details of his costumes/music etc for his show but promises not to spoil them for others. It's not Cate Blanchett starring on Broadway! there is no wild public appetite to find out that Gio will be wearing a gondolier outfit and doing 'Tu vuo' fa' l'americano' and 'Volare'!

• Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Lady Lav and the appreciation thread are still putting in all the work on that thread about Gio and Jowita on DS- they absolutely refuse to accept he has ever used tabloids or his personal life for exposure/career gain, and it’s just a big coincidence that the member of the public who snapped them outside his flat happened to be a pap who he follows 🤪.

I honestly think their retirements would be better spent in support of a less scandalous pro- fellow Italian and devoted husband to his childhood sweetheart Graziano or Gorka with his wholesome relationship with Gemma and little Mia whose recent biggest scandal was looking pissed off when he didn’t win perhaps…

• Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member

wow the first ep. It's so interesting to see how it has evolved since then, I think the singing was much better here than now. Also Tess looks pretty here
To be fair to Tess, despite her dodgy outfits and sub-par presenting skills, she looks absolutely insane for her age now and is a stunning woman. I’m a fair bit younger than her and would sell my kidney to look like her 😆

soccergirl

VIP Member
Pretty sure Rhys has a long term girlfriend (Beth?) but he’s a lovely guy and it’s nice he went along to support her (as did Dan Walker and Luba and Karen too, which was cute).

Tony went to see Katya in Panto and got very involved trying on all the costumes 😆
Yeah I don't think there is anything in this but the chaos would be hilarious.

Tony and Helen visiting Katya's panto was great. I know the 2021 cast gets mythologized a lot, but this year's is pretty great :)

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I find that Sun story very hard to believe. I didn't get anything other than a friendship vibe from them, and mostly, I find it very hard to believe he would have been quite so gushing e.g. calling her an angel in his winner's speech if he'd made romantic overtures and been rejected.

Last edited:

DoseofReality

VIP Member
It will be interesting to see how much they share of her. I have a lot of respect for Nadiya for keeping her daughters identity private and not sharing her face online. And it's annoying how she gets slagged off for being on Strictly and touring when she has a child.

soccergirl

VIP Member
How can they take it all so seriously?
Also, point of information, m'lud: I don't think you will find that Georgia May Foote, Maura Higgins, and Jess Wright 'have nothing bad to say about him'.

they are obsessed with this comment he made (in Dan Walker's book I think) that he is 'addicted to Rose'. Which is a weird thing to say I think if you know thousands of people ship you...

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I imagine any minute now Jake Quickenden will be phoning in his annual ‘doing strictly’ rumours to The Sun in the hope it just might come true (hopefully not).
Jings!!! Am I the only person who doesn't mind Jake Quickenden 😳😳😳

Me and the old dear saw him in Hair (was a very good production and the musical wasn't as dated as Cats) He came and sat on my mum's lap in the first half 🤣🤣🤣

At the end of show, the audience are allowed on the stage to join in with Aquarius. The guy who played Claude came down and helped my mum onto the stage and Jake came over and gave her a big hug. She loved it and tells everyone about it when we're in the Kings.

So yes, I would like my close personal friend Jake to turn up on Strictly 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

hughjars

I thought meeting a guy who would text me first thing in the morning, lunch break, afternoon break, on his way home, once he got home, then before he went to bed was intense enough. If someone was texting me 24/7 I’d flush my phone down the loo and make out I hadn’t got a new one. I can’t blame Kai, and not wanting constant messages doesn’t mean Kai has got guilty feet with no rhythm and never dance again

• Haha