Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Katya doing another tour somewhere else as she is not on the arena tour?

They seem to have all the last 7 remaining couples from the series, apart from Ellie Taylor.

Poor Cameron, not given a chance, but being paid without having the rigorous 7 day week dancing during the series must be a plus.
I’m not sure about a tour but I think she’s filmed stuff with Aimee Fuller the snowboarder before - I don’t know if it’s on TV but she has an occasional appearance on the BBC morning programme and is doing Celebrity Haunted next year apparently!!

Maybe more TV work beckons for her

Reactions: 2
I doubt if Gorka was doing the tour Kai would want to be demoted to one of the backing dancers; he probably wouldn't have done the tour at all in that case.

It's employment at the end of the day, better to be doing the thing you love, dancing, rather than waiting for a couple of months for his own tour to start. I am sure he enjoys the touring anyway, he doesn't have his bestie Gio there this year though, or Graz. :(

Reactions: 3
Katya can’t catch a break with some folk - she’s had a ringer already and won with them (even though ringers never win) and so doesn’t deserve a chance to partner an above average dancer ever again.
Amen to this! I try my best to respect all opinions on here but I do find the idea that a pro winning means they should be DQ'ed from ever getting a good partner again is utter bullsh*t, especially when there has been a gap of 5+ years.

In that case, Artem didn't deserve Natalie Gumede, Darren shouldn't have had Emma Bunton, Pasha should certainly not have partnered Ashley Roberts, no Jay for Aliona, no Sophie/Kelly/Lisa for Brendan, no Gemma/Helen for Aljaž etc and Jowita should never get anyone good again either even though she's just started. Do we count pros who won abroad as well? Vito would then be destined for duds his entire time at Strictly and wouldn't have dreamed of having Fleur.

We'd have been deprived of a heck of a lot of great partnerships under that idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's employment at the end of the day, better to be doing the thing you love, dancing, rather than waiting for a couple of months for his own tour to start. I am sure he enjoys the touring anyway, he doesn't have his bestie Gio there this year though, or Graz. :(
He’s a professional and a grown man so I’m sure he’ll be fine without his “bestie” 😂

I think Helen and Kai will be a good combo but praying for quickstep and jive. God love him but I don’t think Kai crawling about in a corset would have quite the same effect as Gorka.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Kai is one of my favourite pros. He just seems to be so goddam nice! Kaye Adams couldn't praise him enough any time she spoke about him.

I know none of them say anything bad but I would well believe that he is really kind and patient with his celebs, as well as being someone you could have a laugh with.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If you’re looking for more strictly content the YouTube channel watchmojo uk has made lots of top 10 videos. Although annoyingly one of the presenters has clearly never watched it as he can’t pronounce half the names of the dances or dancers.
I've watched a few of those. I had a good laugh at him calling Aljaz 'Elijah', and the paso doble, the 'paso dobble' 😂

Reactions: 1
Totally OT tebut is anyone's typing and getting massive paragraphs? Fillyjonk didn't you have this recently- eurgh it takes me longer to type and post than learn strictlys hardest dance the feckin samba!

Reactions: 2
Just having a look through some old threads and I’m laughing at how naive we all were in thinking Vito was just another sleazy dancer! People were brutal about him on these threads when he was first announced and now look 🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Just having a look through some old threads and I’m laughing at how naive we all were in thinking Vito was just another sleazy dancer! People were brutal about him on these threads when he was first announced and now look 🤣
I fully admit that I expected him to be Gio 2.0 and was not happy! Thank goodness he wasn't like that and brought a much more likeable personality to the table.

Ironically, I was actually in his hometown of Naples when we were first discussing him on here as a likely new pro.

Reactions: 7
Kai is one of my favourite pros. He just seems to be so goddam nice! Kaye Adams couldn't praise him enough any time she spoke about him.

I know none of them say anything bad but I would well believe that he is really kind and patient with his celebs, as well as being someone you could have a laugh with.
Kai was really liked on DTWSIRL. I remember they did a pro swap and Brian dowling got him for a week.
Brian was thrilled and I think his scores went up.
He was lovely to everyone not just if they were contenders.
He popped up during the last series here to visit the show hope he does again with Pasquale

• Heart
Reactions: 9
TBF his resume on Ballando con le stelle was pretty incriminating! but we can blame most of that on the show. Luckily Strictly paired him with happily married Fleur so there was zero showmance impulse, and I think Strictly being less sexualised and more technique focused allowed him to bring out his 'sexy dork who can't remember song lyrics side' rather than boob-rubbing and constant top-off.

I actually would be happy for him to get an older duffer type rather than a young ringer next year so that he can continue that light, fun, side. Someone on Twitter mentioned him with a Rustie Lee type which I think would be a real laugh. (But I'd also like him to get far in the contest so..)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t like Giovanni very much but I can still acknowledge he’s choreographed some great routines and obviously has some good teaching skills when he’s teaching women.

It’s not about needing glasses, it’s about opinion. Katya can’t catch a break with some folk - she’s had a ringer already and won with them (even though ringers never win) and so doesn’t deserve a chance to partner an above average dancer ever again. I think she’s the best pro rather than the best female pro but that’s just my opinion.

I’m sure I’ve seen you say you like Nancy - her first two years with a partner and they both got to the semi finals so you might be disappointed if she now gets the aging sportsmen with little natural rhythm. Katya has only ever been in one semi final.
I do like Nancy, I won’t be disappointed whoever she gets, I vote for the celeb not the pro. I am also taken by Carlos I find him very charismastic. Katyas gurning really puts me off and I find her attention seeking. Not a fan of gio either.

Reactions: 4
Kai was really liked on DTWSIRL. I remember they did a pro swap and Brian dowling got him for a week.
Brian was thrilled and I think his scores went up.
He was lovely to everyone not just if they were contenders.
He popped up during the last series here to visit the show hope he does again with Pasquale
Yeah, Brian got his highest score with Kai. I remember there was a female same sex pairing that week as well, Lottie Ryan and Emily Barker, but the hype was all around Brian and Kai.

I’m not sure about a tour but I think she’s filmed stuff with Aimee Fuller the snowboarder before - I don’t know if it’s on TV but she has an occasional appearance on the BBC morning programme and is doing Celebrity Haunted next year apparently!!

Maybe more TV work beckons for her
I thought someone said she’s doing panto 🤔

TBF his resume on Ballando con le stelle was pretty incriminating! but we can blame most of that on the show. Luckily Strictly paired him with happily married Fleur so there was zero showmance impulse, and I think Strictly being less sexualised and more technique focused allowed him to bring out his 'sexy dork who can't remember song lyrics side' rather than boob-rubbing and constant top-off.

I actually would be happy for him to get an older duffer type rather than a young ringer next year so that he can continue that light, fun, side. Someone on Twitter mentioned him with a Rustie Lee type which I think would be a real laugh. (But I'd also like him to get far in the contest so..)
True, but the same was said about Nikita last year and look how that turned out! We should have known better 🤣 I truly thought Nikita was gonna be a tit version of AJ, Vito was going to be a knockoff Gio and Carlos would be timid … couldn’t have been more wrong 😭

Last edited:
True, but the same was said about Nikita last year and look how that turned out! We should have known better 🤣 I truly thought Nikita was gonna be a tit version of AJ, Vito was going to be a knockoff Gio and Carlos would be timid … couldn’t have been more wrong 😭
Sometimes I remember feeling happy that Neil finally got a partner, and then I feel slightly dirty.

• Haha

Richie putting up his ‘goodbye strictly’ post and not including any pictures of Gio or even mentioning him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
The shade! Good on him.

Kaye's post-final post popped up for me: I found it really interesting. There is such a big 'journey' narrative around SCD, especially for women (look at the 'Helen gets her groove back' stuff) but what happens if it makes you feel worse? if you get the boot early, and feel like an aged failure.
I am really glad doing the final helped her get closure and feel good, and it is nice that she thanks Kai, who seems to have been a true gent.
If it's any comfort to Kaye, she wasn't a great dancer, but she looked fantastic, conducted herself with dignity, and took her exit with grace. Others could learn from her!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.