Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just noticed that Graziano is on none of the Strictly tours either. Is he doing one of the independent ones? Adds to my suspicions that he won't be back. A big name pro like Katya or Gio can skip what they want but less well known pros being absent from the touring scene completely leaves a bit of a question mark.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
29030984-D2FC-4D08-B0A8-2E8E320C804C.jpeg

Nicola’s not his biggest fan either…

In the clip she does say he’s a good teacher but very exacting and she found it hard work. Nicola always seems lovely so looking forward to seeing their dance (and all the others) in the Christmas special

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have there been any post-final interviews/radio/Morning shows with the Champions since the final? Bit weird how there doesn't seem to be anything so far, you would think everyone wants to have them on.

I'm guessing that both Hamza and Jowita have gone back to relax and spend time with their family (Jowita might have gone back to Poland with her parents and maybe Hamza wants a bit of quiet time and has gone back to Ardnamurchan for a bit?) before they start preparing for the Live Tour.

But still, bit weird to have nothing after only showing the 4 minutes after announcing the winners.
I need more Hamza. I'm already starting to get withdrawals and Animal Park is not sufficient.

Reactions: 3
Have there been any post-final interviews/radio/Morning shows with the Champions since the final? Bit weird how there doesn't seem to be anything so far, you would think everyone wants to have them on.

I'm guessing that both Hamza and Jowita have gone back to relax and spend time with their family (Jowita might have gone back to Poland with her parents and maybe Hamza wants a bit of quiet time and has gone back to Ardnamurchan for a bit?) before they start preparing for the Live Tour.

But still, bit weird to have nothing after only showing the 4 minutes after announcing the winners.
I need more Hamza. I'm already starting to get withdrawals and Animal Park is not sufficient.
Last year Rose and Gio did a BBC breakfast interview via zoom on the Monday after winning I think, but nothing more. I thought that was due to covid though? So would’ve expected a bit more with Hamza/Jowita.

They also did This Morning and a couple of magazine, news and radio segments closer to the start of the tour in January once rehearsals had started so you might well see them pop up then.

Just noticed that Graziano is on none of the Strictly tours either. Is he doing one of the independent ones? Adds to my suspicions that he won't be back. A big name pro like Katya or Gio can skip what they want but less well known pros being absent from the touring scene completely leaves a bit of a question mark.
Could just be that he intends to live in Italy and spend time with his wife when he's not doing Strictly.

Are the tours really that much of a big deal? It doesn't seem like an obligation.

Reactions: 7
The shade! Good on him.

Kaye's post-final post popped up for me: I found it really interesting. There is such a big 'journey' narrative around SCD, especially for women (look at the 'Helen gets her groove back' stuff) but what happens if it makes you feel worse? if you get the boot early, and feel like an aged failure.
I am really glad doing the final helped her get closure and feel good, and it is nice that she thanks Kai, who seems to have been a true gent.
If it's any comfort to Kaye, she wasn't a great dancer, but she looked fantastic, conducted herself with dignity, and took her exit with grace. Others could learn from her!

Imagine if she had have got Gio it will have been like Fern Britton and Artem 2.0. Or if Anton was still a pro she'd be added to his list of people to annually make fun of.

Didn't know she wore hearing aids.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 1821698

Nicola’s not his biggest fan either…

In the clip she does say he’s a good teacher but very exacting and she found it hard work. Nicola always seems lovely so looking forward to seeing their dance (and all the others) in the Christmas special
She said she'd think about doing the main series as well though did allude to it being difficult and she could see that many of the main contestants looked a bit done in. Maybe she would need a slightly more laid back pro than Gio if she were to take part in a future year.

I really hope he comes back. He very much came into his own this year and I'd love to see him with another capable partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Could just be that he intends to live in Italy and spend time with his wife when he's not doing Strictly.

Are the tours really that much of a big deal? It doesn't seem like an obligation.
I think the tours are very much a separate entity from the main show: yes, they use content licensed from the BBC, but they’re not produced by the BBC so I don’t think doing/not doing the tours would have any bearing on subsequent offers of a contract for the main show.

Reactions: 5

My understanding is the tours are mostly for money making (and a bit of fan base building etc). Maybe he’s just decided that the money isn’t worth being away from his wife for that long (Graz is so sweet with his wife, an actual prince ❤)

• Heart
I wonder if Katya has something else lined up, TV wise? She was doing those filming things with Aimee Fuller. I can also imagine that she wouldn't just want to be a spare pro on the tour and it was obvious Tony wouldn't be doing it for health reasons. Graz will probably go back to Italy for a while.

Ariadne's epic recap of the final is up! how does she get so many amazing gifs?

Reactions: 4

I think it's more surprising due to the money, they make a lot of money for a months work.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.