Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’ve been hoping for max whitlock for years 🤣 it clashed with commentary duties this year so i’m hoping next year 🤞🏻 gymnasts tend to be decent on this show and i feel he would be great!

in a magical world though, tom holland and/or aidan turner. i know past dance experience would make them the ringiest of ringers but still 🤣
In the same way I was hoping for Nile Wilson but he’s signed up for the bloody skating one!
Another ringer who would probably never do it is Mark Cavendish the cyclist. Competed in ballroom and Latin in his younger years. Not afraid to speak his mind. Pissy Gorka would have nothing on him!

Reactions: 3
So am I. I liked Helen a lot, have been rooting for her all along and would have been happy if she or Hamza had won but people are acting like she was the best dancer and she wasn’t. That would be Fleur, who unlike certain other people looked delighted for Hamza.
Yes, this. 100% this.
I didn’t know much about her before, but I think Fleur has come across so well. She seems like a lovely woman.
I loved Hamza and Jowita but there’s absolutely no denying that Fleur was far and away the best dancer last night. If anyone ‘deserves’ to be gutted at the result it’s her and Vito - but their genuine joy at the result was beautiful to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What has happened to the showdances the past couple of years? It can't be blamed on covid cos even in 2020 there was bigger staging, themes and more impressive choreo. Where has it all gone!?
Thought the group dance was a bit lacklustre as well.
Sad as they're the best bits about the final! They need to make a comeback next year!

Also didn't like having the showdance second. Meant I was bored by the time they were doing the third dances. So much needs to be improved about strictly and its so obvious what needs to change surely the producers can see it!
I think it's since they brought in the extra choreographers? Back in 2020 the pros had to do it because of the bubbles and up to then it was always the pros being excited to be allowed choreograph anything. Totally agree that they've been awful the past two years.

I felt that Hamza was a far better dancer than Helen, but what do I know
I think they both were good in different ways. Helen was good at performing accurately, but never let go fully and gave herself to the dances. Hamza on the other hand has natural rhythm and soul and becomes part of the dance, but his accuracy with footwork and tiny details weren't always very good.

Reactions: 11
I think it's since they brought in the extra choreographers? Back in 2020 the pros had to do it because of the bubbles and up to then it was always the pros being excited to be allowed choreograph anything. Totally agree that they've been awful the past two years.

I think they both were good in different ways. Helen was good at performing accurately, but never let go fully and gave herself to the dances. Hamza on the other hand has natural rhythm and soul and becomes part of the dance, but his accuracy with footwork and tiny details weren't always very good.
You can tell he really enjoyed it and actually loves to dance. Whereas Helen never really let loose did she. I’m sure she did the Christmas special a few years ago and wasn’t she really good?

Reactions: 5
Very happy that Hamza won! It’s so boring, Every year saying it is a fix! Thousands and thousands vote and just because you might of known 3 people who voted for Helen does not mean it was a fix 😂

Already of sick of Kai and Nadiya though!
Their whole relationship seems very performative, I read some articles about her a while back and she seems to have a history of jumping from man to man so I hope kai brings in his cash from the tour and sits tight before she jumps ship 🤣

Were there pros missing from the opening number? Seemed to be much less of them

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Only just watching the final. Don’t know whether it’s because I’m hungover but I’m in bits over Hamza winning 😭 my kids are looking at me like I’m crazy crying at a dancing programme 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Only just watching the final. Don’t know whether it’s because I’m hungover but I’m in bits over Hamza winning 😭 my kids are looking at me like I’m crazy crying at a dancing programme 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
The sounds that came out of me, proper gutteral sobbing. And I was sober 🥹😂😂

Reactions: 2
I totally get Gorka being really disappointed for all the reasons people have said (although he should have done a slightly better job at plastering a fake smile on).
He's been in the final 3 times and I really respect him for the way he works with his celeb. I've said before that I like how he doesn't play a game like some of the others - there's no showmance, no lying about their experience, no disrespecting previous partners and he doesn't use gimmicks (except maybe his butt this year) or make fun of his partners dance skills. He talks about how hard his celeb is working but doesn't lay it on thick about how they work harder than everyone else. He just gets in the studio and works hard with them, building up their skills. He's also one of the pro who goes on to support his ex partners publicly after the show.
So it must really sting for him to see others who have won through playing those games.
Hamza & Jowita did none of those things you mentioned.

Reactions: 9
Mein Herr Gorka doing the bumcam walk to Helen, creepy AF like a serial killer from The Fall ready to sneaky up on his victim. Or like the childcatcher from chitty chitty

Reactions: 4
Their whole relationship seems very performative, I read some articles about her a while back and she seems to have a history of jumping from man to man so I hope kai brings in his cash from the tour and sits tight before she jumps ship 🤣

Oh no, not a woman with more than one previous partner! The horror 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh no, not a woman with more than one previous partner! The horror 😱

I see some people are still running with the poor naive Kai being seduced by man eating Nadiya narrative. In 2022.
Oh no listen she’s hot, I didn’t intend for my comment to come across as if it was a problem that she had done that but she may just not be the type to settle which is fine because guys do it all the time! I just think he seems more invested, I was delight when he got with her, stuck it right to the DS AJ fans.

Reactions: 4

Nadiya was in a long term relationship, with a child and was engaged to her previous partner before Kai FYI. But god forbid a woman has more than one partner in her lifetime!

Reactions: 16
Hamza & Jowita did none of those things you mentioned.
No they didn't and I didn't mean to imply they did - they are worthy winners. In fact none of the final 4 did. I wasn't meaning them at all. I was actually talking about previous years rather than this year. For example, in 2020, he and Maisie danced the epitome of a showdance, and while I really liked Bill, his show dance was mostly gimmicks with him standing around on a guitar while Oti flew on a ring and fireworks went off.

The lack of game playing is one of the things I liked about this year. Now if the sob stories would just do one, I'd be delighted 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Just looked - you can see Nadiya hopping up and down and then.. just stop when they announce Hamza, and politely applaud. They really wanted Gorka to do it. Also Tony turns round with quite a shocked look on his face..
I said it last night and I don’t care if it makes me sound petty but this makes me even happier than Hamza & Jowita got the win. Absolutely fine to have your favourites but in a professional environment you don’t let it show, Gorka was not entitled to win the glitterball just because he’s missed out before and Jowita was every bit as deserving as he would have been.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh no listen she’s hot, I didn’t intend for my comment to come across as if it was a problem that she had done that but she may just not be the type to settle which is fine because guys do it all the time! I just think he seems more invested, I was delight when he got with her, stuck it right to the DS AJ fans.
She was with her ex before Kai for years so I’m not sure what you’re on about

Reactions: 10
I said it last night and I don’t care if it makes me sound petty but this makes me even happier than Hamza & Jowita got the win. Absolutely fine to have your favourites but in a professional environment you don’t let it show, Gorka was not entitled to win the glitterball just because he’s missed out before and Jowita was every bit as deserving as he would have been.
Yes to this...
longevity of service doesn't make him more ' deserving ' of the win imo. I'm not a massive Gorka fan, don't find him particularly personable and tbh lacking in any real humour.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
In the same way I was hoping for Nile Wilson but he’s signed up for the bloody skating one!
Another ringer who would probably never do it is Mark Cavendish the cyclist. Competed in ballroom and Latin in his younger years. Not afraid to speak his mind. Pissy Gorka would have nothing on him!
Two words

Roy Keane

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Totally agree that Jowita deserved her win and nobody deserves it just because of their time in the show. And I agree that the other pros should be more professional.
I suspect though that others were willing Gorka on for other reasons too. He's supported Helen through a really rough period and helped her enormously and you heard what she said at the end about him being kind and supportive to everyone in the show and looking out for the all the other finalists. Just because he does it discretely and doesn't brag, means he doesn't usually get the glory that some of the other pros get.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.