Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

just a bit of Vito to get us through the day. Their social media content was brilliant. I think if we saw more of that side of Fleur in the main show they might have garnered more votes. Who knows. Vito for me was the unexpected highlight of this series.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

week 1 and he came out on his own and the Start And danced like that. How did he not win I’ll never get over it. That move at 17 seconds does something to me 🥵🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 14

week 1 and he came out on his own and the Start And danced like that. How did he not win I’ll never get over it. That move at 17 seconds does something to me 🥵🥵🥵
So glad that I got to see this live. He was my favourite in 2016. However, I wasn't surprised that he never won because he had been in the dance off the week before the final.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This ☝💯 what a combination 😍 the talent scouts struck absolute gold with Vito! I know others have said it but the new batch of pros are sooooo good and I think will revitalise the show for a few years. Really want Nikita to get a ringer next year!
The new batch of pros are excellent. They are all so fun and seem lovely. They also really seem to love being there. James Jordan and Brendan seemed to think the they were doing Strictly a favour by lowering themselves to doing it. They dont seem interested in baiting their fans with fake romances like Gio ( not that that stops them but at least they don't encourage it!) Not that I don't love the old days, but the newer pros have really breathed some fresh air into it. The problems are with the judges and the producers imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What do you all mean by ringer though? the contestants that have actually had dance training are always 'found out'. Surely it's best to just get a celeb under 60 who is fit enough and turns out can really dance (ie. Bill or Hamza)?

Reactions: 7
What do you all mean by ringer though? the contestants that have actually had dance training are always 'found out'. Surely it's best to just get a celeb under 60 who is fit enough and turns out can really dance (ie. Bill or Hamza)?
i find the use of “ringer” a bit confusing sometimes 🤣 a ringer, in the truest sense, is an actual professional dancer masquerading as a contestant. we’ve arguably had two or three professional dancers, but the majority of people who are claimed as “ringers” are just really good dancers who maybe have been to stage school.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. A ringer just seems to mean someone who went to drama school and did some dance at school. I think the reason Bill and Hamza did so well, as Craig said, is because of their musicality rather than their dance training. They can feel the beat as well as hear the music. My friend is a dancer and she hears the background beat more clearly than the music. I can't quite explain it but she ' hears' something behind what I am hearing. I think musicians are the same.

Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20221219_093214_Instagram.jpg

Not tying to turn Tattle into a Fleur and Vito fan page, but I know that some of you will like the content so that is why I am sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I only started watching Strictly in about...2013, I think. Is there anywhere to watch the old series? Iplayer only has 19 and 20 😔

View attachment 1817845

Not tying to turn Tattle into a Fleur and Vito fan page, but I know that some of you will like the content so that is why I am sharing.
Vito's mum and Fleur's husband could be part of another throuple!

Wonder what will happen to the Hamzita shippers now? I imagine Hamza is back off to Scotland, though of course there is always the tour..

I see DS is having a normal come-down post-final: Shirley needs to resign, the show should be axed, it was a fix.. Do they actually get any pleasure in it??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m just watching the final now (was out at the weekend) but the first thing I wanted to say was Fleur’s family are beautiful. The way they all look joyous and clap / cheer for every couple / dance is so lovely!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really like all 3 new pros - good casting there. I’m really happy for Jowita being the first female pro to win on her first year with a partner and with one that surprised everyone and possibly least known male celeb at the beginning. I have a feeling Jowita, Vito and Carlos will become fan favourites - especially Vito and Jowita.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve gone back and watched the ‘returning stars’ dance a couple of times now just to appreciate Ellie and JoJo’s casualty moment and then Kym popping up from under the sparkly blanket- just love it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i find the use of “ringer” a bit confusing sometimes 🤣 a ringer, in the truest sense, is an actual professional dancer masquerading as a contestant. we’ve arguably had two or three professional dancers, but the majority of people who are claimed as “ringers” are just really good dancers who maybe have been to stage school.
And as proved by Fleur, who was a good dancer, doesn't matter what stage school dancing you've had, learning Latin and ballroom is a completely different kettle of fish and requires unlearning everything they've previously learnt!

Reactions: 6
Distractedly caught a view of a gorilla on telly and Hamzas name was mentioned. Said to hubby have they called the gorilla Hamza and he said 'no, actual Hamza is on' 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.