Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, the BBC Strictly fb page comments. Helen fans are being absolutely vile about Hamza. Helen is such a lovely lady - she would absolutely hate and not endorse this.
That's so bad. Helen probably doesn't even care that she never won!

Reactions: 12
Or Trent with Gordana.

I guess there are more opportunities here for work after Strictly with the various Tours? Are they something that happens with other franchise?
DWTS US does a tour, but I think it's a bit more like the pro tour and then they have a couple of the celebs on it and by that I think it's only like 2 maybe 3 celebs.

Reactions: 2
That's so bad. Helen probably doesn't even care that she never won!
She won't - she won the greatest prize of all and that was getting herself back! You can tell she is genuinely delighted for Hamza and Jowita and would have been whoever won.

Reactions: 19
Ugh, the BBC Strictly fb page comments. Helen fans are being absolutely vile about Hamza. Helen is such a lovely lady - she would absolutely hate and not endorse this.
I find it funny that a show so focused on joy attracts such vitriolic comments on social media. The nasty commenters are more invested in feeling injustice over the result that anyone actually dancing in the final. They all had a wonderful three months and are probably looking forward to putting their feet up and enjoying Christmas with their families, not raging over losing out on a plastic glitterball to someone they consider a friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I get that impression too, Giada seems happy there so I can't see her jumping, and it would appear they want to settle down in Italy.
Graz does tend to nip back throughout the season when a chance presents itself so I suppose it depends on how he feels about boomeranging for 4 months a year.

They seem rather shocked by the result despite Hamza being a nailed on winner from his first dance!
I wouldn't say that Hamza was the clear winner from his first dance. A clear contender, yes, but Will also had a very promising first dance, and Helen was already expected to do well in the audience vote no matter how she danced.

Reactions: 8
So, it seems that Helen voters think it was a fix because they couldn't get through when trying to vote for her but that just means the line was busy, right? I remember seeing a poster here last night (can't remember your name, soz!) saying they tried to vote Helen after her CC and the lines were busy which they took to be a good sign.

Do people honestly think the BBC are arsed enough to tamper with the public vote when they gave us a a significant amount of crappity crap this year? Dinosaur rumba, anyone? No? How about a Grange Hill Street dance? No? Can I interest you in a paso danced by a male in a tiny bra, or a showdance in gynaecologist gloves?

Reactions: 16
So, it seems that Helen voters think it was a fix because they couldn't get through when trying to vote for her but that just means the line was busy, right? I remember seeing a poster here last night (can't remember your name, soz!) saying they tried to vote Helen after her CC and the lines were busy which they took to be a good sign.

Do people honestly think the BBC are arsed enough to tamper with the public vote when they gave us a a significant amount of crappity crap this year? Dinosaur rumba, anyone? No? How about a Grange Hill Street dance? No? Can I interest you in a paso danced by a male in a tiny bra, or a showdance in gynaecologist gloves?
I remember a lot of Dianne/Joanne fans claiming they couldn't get through to vote for Dev. I wouldn't be surprised if they just made it up tbh.

Reactions: 6
I wasn't a fan of Rose at all. I didn't dislike her but I certainly didn't like her either. I was an AJ fan last year.
Ditto. Nice enough girl but if she wasn’t deaf ( the work she is doing is extremely admirable before anyone takes this out of context) she would have just been another pretty good dancer on the show and forgotten about. The ruddy obsession with her is infuriating.

Reactions: 12
This from Molly is so lovely. She's taken the time to praise absolutely everyone - she's a gem.

Screenshot_20221218_214426_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Why? It's surely about the celeb, not the pro.

Wish Kevin hadn't had a campaign, no way did Dooley deserve to win on his behalf!
I’m joking, I just love Gorka and would love to see him get a win because he’s a great pro, I was happy Gio won it last year because I thought his hard work deserved a win

Reactions: 5
I remember a lot of Dianne/Joanne fans claiming they couldn't get through to vote for Dev. I wouldn't be surprised if they just made it up tbh.
I agree. They are clearly on the Internet, so why are they voting as if they live in 1984? Just vote online!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Someone wins who they don't want to win = FIX! RIGGED! CONSPIRACY! If you think this was down to public votes you're deluded!

Someone wins who they want to win = Well, the public have spoken and made the right decision. All is well in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree. They are clearly on the Internet, so why are they voting as if they live in 1984? Just vote online!
I suspect these are the people that do both, then are surprised to find that phone lines aren't an infinite system - they do get busy.

Reactions: 5
I imagine many people do both, but it does make more sense to use multiple e-mail addresses to vote more times online, as (I think) you could be more sure of them going through.

Reactions: 3
I doubt they care tbh, probably that happy with winning that they didn’t even notice! Most of the pros seemed a lot happier when they ran on at the end to congratulate them so that’s good I guess. Also, anyone seen Jayde’s recent instagram story? Pretty much implying that she’s going to be talking tit about strictly at her comedy shows next year…
Anyone willing to take one for the team and book a ticket to Jayde's comedy show to see what dirt she dishes about Strictly?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thinking about it, Hamza is actually my favourite winner from the time I've been watching the show (2016). I enjoy watching him dance more than Rose, Bill, Kelvin, Stacey and Ore. The only one who comes close is Joe McFadden but I still prefer Hamza.
I'm the opposite, he always seems really clunky and I felt tense expecting him to make a mistake or not pull a step off. There are some finalists over the years where if I'm not paying attention/haven't watched the rest of the series and don't have my glasses on I don't know which is the pro unless I focus in and concentrate, but he's not one of those people. I know nothing about dance but my housemate is Romanian and from a very serious/pro level dancing family, and she said his legs were really bad.

I can imagine he's a great friend and fun guy to have a night out with, but he wasn't at the level of the others in the final - especially Fleur and Helen. That's fine though because it's a popularity contest above anything else, and tbf he likely had the best personality of the finalists.

Reactions: 4

As if TPTB can be arsed fixing it when they know the public will opt for one of a narrow range of contestants anyway. Hamza or Helen (both BBC employees!), why would they prefer one or the other? Part of their Machiavellian master plan?
Marvel as Vicky Gill whips a sheet off a mannequin to reveal those gyno vinyl gloves, 'upcycled' from the pro dance to push BBC ringer Molly to the glitterball!

This pic from FB made me laugh (a) because it seems Gio wore a polo neck under a double-breasted pinstripe jacket to the wrap party and (b) the accidental caption! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Totally agree with this. Think it's a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. The standard was far higher when the pros were given the sole responsibility for choreographing the routines for the celeb. They know their partner inside out and have a much better understanding of what they are capable of. I think the celebs made much clearer progression this way. The choreo team should be only there to consult with our all advice from.
There were some awful ones this year. The bench thing is so overdone now it's boring, especially when the style/music makes it look like a worse version of Bill Bailey's. They really did Mollie dirty with that Grange Hill routine. The bee one was so cringey too.

Reactions: 6
Anyone willing to take one for the team and book a ticket to Jayde's comedy show to see what dirt she dishes about Strictly?
Sorry, but I’d rather watch the Cling Film Pervert do a one-man street dance and comedy show (or Gingerland, as I believe it was once going to be called).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.