Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question - why do people think Katya was/is for the chop? To me, it seems like the producers love her (first same sex pairing, got one of the bigger names last year) and she rarely does a boring routine

Of course she might decide to leave at some point, but I just don't think she's a likely candidate to be dropped at the moment
Agreed - if producers didn't like Katya, she'd have been axed after Seann gate. I'd say she's someone who they trust with some of the higher profile celeb partners. Also think that having had two successes right out of the gate probably has led to a few celebs requesting her over the years, no concrete proof but just a hunch.

Probably wise to keep her around for a few more series with Oti no longer being there.

Reactions: 7
Genuine question - why do people think Katya was/is for the chop? To me, it seems like the producers love her (first same sex pairing, got one of the bigger names last year) and she rarely does a boring routine

Of course she might decide to leave at some point, but I just don't think she's a likely candidate to be dropped at the moment
I have no idea what the producers attitude is towards her but wasn’t sure if things were wearing a little thin… Seangate plus whatever that was with Adam (possibly a non story), and now the gammons are on her back about staying silent re Russia, it’s not unheard of from the BBC to just bin off drama for the sake of an easy life so to not piss off their old audience. I don’t think she deserves it at all, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she keeps getting dragged online to just be sacked off

Reactions: 2
Not really related to strictly but seeing as his bandmates have been both on the show, Tom Parker passed away today surrounded by his family and band mates 💔 Just devastating, thoughts are with Max, Jay and all of toms family/friends 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

I think with her having the seann thing, that really weird thing with Adam and the number of years she been there people are making sightly reasonable guess work that she could be contemplating leaving on her own terms rather than not having her contract renewed. It wouldn’t have been that shocking if she did decide to move on after being there since 2016.

Not really related to strictly but seeing as his bandmates have been both on the show, Tom Parker passed away today surrounded by his family and band mates 💔 Just devastating, thoughts are with Max, Jay and all of toms family/friends 💔
My heart absolutely sunk reading this. His poor poor family 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My heart absolutely sunk reading this. His poor poor family 💔
Awful. I saw on Katya's stories a couple of weeks ago she went to see The Wanted in concert. I had no idea he was so close to death. Poor Max and Jay (and the others obviously).

Reactions: 7
Do we think any of dancing with the stars ireland pros will join?
Possibly Pasquale. He’s won it twice and its highly likely he’ll move on and upwards to strictly for his next challenge. Bonus is he knows the cast and has performed before as a backing dancer. As with Kai it’s the next logical step.

Reactions: 1
Lol, so everyone back apart from Oti and Aljaz which we kind of worked out already. Not quite sure why that warranted a big announcement on Morning Live 😂

No mention of any new pros (yet?)

Edit: it says here any new dancers will be announced in due course. So in a few months as per usual I guess

Reactions: 8
Lol, so everyone back apart from Oti and Aljaz which we kind of worked out already. Not quite sure why that warranted a big announcement on Morning Live 😂

No mention of any new pros (yet?)
The official press release said that any new additions to the lineup will be announced in due course so pretty sure we will hear about some new pros in the next few months.

Reactions: 4
Looks like Anton’s sticking to judging… assuming Bruno’s officially getting the shove this season then! Either that or a 5 way panel?

Reactions: 8
I would say new pro's maybe announced in July; isn't that when Nancy was announced the year she joined??

July was also when we got the 2021 newbies.

The 5th/6th year in a row now that there hasn't been tons of changes. I liked getting to see newbies last year and hope to see more of them this time but I'm kinda over most of the pre COVID pros, sorry. I'm getting to the stage with a couple of them where I wonder if they'll ever leave. And I do wonder why they asked Neil back when his choreo saw Nina out first and he's generally not that popular. They actually seem pretty scared to axe anyone.

What are we all thinking about the chances of the show returning to ''normal'' meaning: a full audience and returning to Blackpool??

Bit of an anticlimax then, it seemed more like it was an opportunity for Katya and Luba to condemn the war and say once again that they are one big happy Strictly family, than it was about announcing the pros. It would be good to have a couple more new additions this year 🙏

What are we all thinking about the chances of the show returning to ''normal'' meaning: a full audience and returning to Blackpool??
Fairly confident honestly! It wouldn’t surprise me if they still messed about with keeping pros still in the comp out of group dances etc to avoid any total covid sweepthroughs, but I don’t see how a full audience and Blackpool would do anything to hinder the show

I think that will be the plan and I would be surprised if it didn’t happen. I’m Scotland and we’ve got a few more weeks of masks in shops and on public transport and that’s probably going to be the last to go (we’ve always been behind England with restrictions).

Unless of course the Producer doesn’t want to do Blackpool 🤷🏻‍♀️ (Nothing to suggest they won’t but I get the feeling there will be some changes)

Maybe a slightly bigger audience and Blackpool but I don’t see Claudias area going back to pre pandemic style and personally I personally prefer the pros sat at the tables with each other. The chaos and pratting around got really really irritating.

Some distancing on tv is here for long haul. They said on the last leg opener this year that they’re keeping the distancing thing just because if one person was infected (but not yet testing positive) it could bring down the whole show.

There’s no reason why not. Every other show on tv is back to how it was pre covid so it will be disappointing if Blackpool doesn’t happen again this year.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.